Hank01

LeBron is absolutely phenomenal.  Wow.  I'm disappointed the Raptors lost, but we're lucky to get to see LeBron play.   Just incredible.  

He is the man of our times for sure .

TravelPat1

Maybe I knew what I was doing scheduling a presentation at the agency tonight.  A friend texted me with 'Man did the Raps suck tonight' - so I knew no need to watch the pvr'd game when I got home. 

Odds are certainly in favour of a sweep now which would be a hugely disappointing ending to what had been the best regular season in the team's history.   

sambo42

Raptors are done... they can't even beat LeBron & company at home, I don't know how anyone thinks that they can win 2 in Cleveland. The only chance the Raptors have is if James has some kind of freak injury between tonight & game 3...

KevinRiley2

As per John Shannon, the Raptors TV number was about 740K - I THINK he meant Game 2 which, of course, was the biggest Raptors game of the year.

;D

Imagine if the CFL had a playoff number like that?  Heck, even if a BIG regular season CFL game doesn't hit that number, the cfl.ca forum's Usual Suspects gloat and proclaim the end of the CFL.

Such a hypocritical double standard.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

KevinRiley2

I sure hope the Raps go out in 4.  It would be sweet justice for all the Raptors fans who can't be bothered to go to a CFL game.

Lyle B. Style

Raptors are pretty much cooked geese right now.

They talk a great game about controlling Lebron, guarding him correctly but when push comes to shove they're absolutely terrified of The King.

The form chart says Lebron might back off one game to preserve his post-Raptors health - and that game should be G3 - but knowing the Cavs history intimidating Toronto they might decide to grab G3 before resting Lebron a bit and giving TO a chance to snag G4.

In any event - Cavs in 4 or 5.

Note: While Lebron totally terrifies the frightened children of the corn in Toronto - he'll be nullified by either Houston or GS in the league final. Too much depth on those teams - and their superstars aren't as chicken of Lebron as the Raps stars!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

KevinRiley2

They talk a great game about controlling Lebron, guarding him correctly but when push comes to shove they're absolutely terrified of The King.

The form chart says Lebron might back off one game to preserve his post-Raptors health - and that game should be G3 - but knowing the Cavs history intimidating Toronto they might decide to grab G3 before resting Lebron a bit and giving TO a chance to snag G4.

Note: While Lebron totally terrifies the frightened children of the corn in Toronto - he'll be nullified by either Houston or GS in the league final. Too much depth on those teams - and their superstars aren't as chicken of Lebron as the Raps stars!
Me...  I don't care.  I am just in awe of how low the ratings are.

Like I said, if the CFL had ratings like this, the Usual Suspects would run the CFL into the ground.  The NBA does and not a peep.  Such hypocrisy.  

Lyle B. Style

Like I said, if the CFL had ratings like this, the Usual Suspects would run the CFL into the ground.  The NBA does and not a peep.  Such hypocrisy.  
Confession - I can barely withstand watching more than a few minutes of playoff basketball - maybe a quarter or two when they get down to the last couple games for the overall title.
CFL - I watch almost every down of bomber ball (no matter how embarrassing some of it is) and perhaps 1/2 to 3/4 of every other CFL game. The entertainment value of a CFL game is so far above and beyond the NBA its not funny.

In terms of entertainment value here's my form chart:

1. Curling games - featuring Jennifer Jones
2. CFL games featuring bombers
3. Other CFL games
4. NHL playoff games featuring Wpg Jets
5. NHL regular season games feat. Jets
6. Other NHL playoff games
7. The Master Golf
8. British Open Golf
9. LPGA majors w/ Brooke Henderson leading or competing
10. NFL playoff games
11. Super Bowl
12. Kentucky Derby
13. World Series baseball feat. Yankees or Red Sox
14. Olympic 100 yd dash
15. UFC fights featuring Cyborg
16. Luge
17. Regular season MLB games (rarely)

sambo42

I like the low ratings because of the theory that some have that if people in Toronto like something, then the rest of the country will too... the Craptors and FC blow that theory right out the water... very few beyond the GTA actually watch these teams... but they get unreal coverage from TSN, Sportsnet and CB of C... its amazing how just a few will push these teams across the country, where no one could give a rat's behind about them. 

KevinRiley2

I like the low ratings because of the theory that some have that if people in Toronto like something, then the rest of the country will too... the Craptors and FC blow that theory right out the water... very few beyond the GTA actually watch these teams... but they get unreal coverage from TSN, Sportsnet and CB of C... its amazing how just a few will push these teams across the country, where no one could give a rat's behind about them.
Amen, Sambo.

KevinRiley2

Confession - I can barely withstand watching more than a few minutes of playoff basketball - maybe a quarter or two when they get down to the last couple games for the overall title.
CFL - I watch almost every down of bomber ball (no matter how embarrassing some of it is) and perhaps 1/2 to 3/4 of every other CFL game. The entertainment value of a CFL game is so far above and beyond the NBA its not funny.

In terms of entertainment value here's my form chart:

1. Curling games - featuring Jennifer Jones
2. CFL games featuring bombers
3. Other CFL games
4. NHL playoff games featuring Wpg Jets
5. NHL regular season games feat. Jets
6. Other NHL playoff games
7. The Master Golf
8. British Open Golf
9. LPGA majors w/ Brooke Henderson leading or competing
10. NFL playoff games
11. Super Bowl
12. Kentucky Derby
13. World Series baseball feat. Yankees or Red Sox
14. Olympic 100 yd dash
15. UFC fights featuring Cyborg
16. Luge
17. Regular season MLB games (rarely)
For me :

KevinRiley2

At half time, the Craptors are down by 15.  

That's a shame.  :)

Lyle B. Style

That's a shame.  :)
If the Cavs were up 2-0 and the games were in Toronto I suspect LeBron might take a dump in one of them.

But if they go up 3-0 tonite - no point taking a dump in front of the home fans - take out the garbage (Raps) in 4 straight; then take a few days rest waiting for Boston or Philly.

KevinRiley2

That's a shame.  :)
If the Cavs were up 2-0 and the games were in Toronto I suspect LeBron might take a dump in one of them.

But if they go up 3-0 tonite - no point taking a dump in front of the home fans - take out the garbage (Raps) in 4 straight; then take a few days rest waiting for Boston or Philly.
I expect the Raptors to win, tonight - cue the comeback.  

Other than sticking it to Toronto fans who do NOT support the Argos, I really don't care.  TBH, given all the BCE stock I own, I should care and want the Raptors to win.

::)

KevinRiley2

I expect the Raptors to win, tonight - cue the comeback.  
Wow...  I guess even I can be wrong...  but I sure was close to being right.  ;)

Users Online

92 Guests, 20 Users (13 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
TommyBoy1, KevinRiley2, Clawed2bitz, letsgoticats, ExPat, Killer91, Lyle B. Style, Ferg, ed ohmnes, jkm, Rick16, DisplacedCatsFan, heapbag, tabbiefan72, MadJack, Ticatsfan25, rpaege, Yahoo!, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 168. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)