Lyle B. Style

Raps have a punchers chance vs. King LeBron.

They'll have to sweep the two games Lebron concedes where he can't go the full distance and gets gassed by mid 4th quarter.

Raps will still have to win a couple where Lebron is a force. Gonna be super tough. Home advantage helps but not enough to win.

Cavs (aka Lebron) in 6 or 7. Raps simply don't have anyone (or two) who can stand up to this monster!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Hank01

Here comes the media circus. It is Lebron and the Cavs against the Raps starting this Tuesday at the ACC.

Some of the prices being asked for now that we know it is Lebron and the Cavs for floor courtside seats on Ticketmaster - beyond ridicluous.  Directly behnd the Raps bench - $4445.00 per ticket.  Two front row floor seats - $5907.00 each. Those of course are resell rates.

Lower bowl actual retail rates range from $364.00 - $744.00.  Upper bowl - $191.00 - $312.00. Standing room at the back of the Upper Bowl with what they call an Obstructed view - $135.00.

Multi million dollar gate for MLSE.
 Great Gate for MLSE but bad impressions on the conservative Canadian we don't idol worship feelings . 

Good for MLSE and I understand it but it's just ludicrous and it turns me off the Raptors . 

Watched regular season NBA games before in person and much like the NHL there was lots of ho hum lackadaisical performance so you do see a much better product come play off time but at those prices you exclude 90 percent of the population .

Probably why I cheer on Lebron and Cleveland .

KevinRiley2

"The Raptors have a foul to give."

I, of course, have NO idea what this means but I heard them say it when I tuned in during the last minute to see the Raptors lose.

Because it's Toronto, I am kinda happy but, TBH, I really don't care.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

KevinRiley2

I, of course, have NO idea what this means but I heard them say it when I tuned in during the last minute to see the Raptors lose.

I'm assuming the announcer said "The Raptors have a FOWL to give" because they are donating poultry meals to charity.  Good for them!

Hank01

Lebron the KING and the Cavs in OT very cool .

TravelPat1

Now the Raps have to be considered the underdog after choking down the stretch in that one.  Only hitting 3 of their last 20 shots including missing 3 tip chances right in close in the last 4 seconds of regulation that would have won the game.

Now a must win in Game 2 which is at 6:00PM Thursday.

TravelPat1

everyman

kudos to Derozan of the Raps and Kevin Love of the Cavs for this.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/nba-stars-demar-derozan-and-kevin-love-open-up-about-mental-health-1.3910432
Yes indeed. These are just men trying to do well in their job.
And that is why I think we should be very careful and mindful before we throw out words like "choke" or "quit" when a player does not perform as well as we'd like them to do from our couch.

I won't get into here but for those who have up close and personal experience with pro sports, either with ourselves or those we care for, those terms are very wrong and ill informed. Most have NO idea what goes into the development of a world class player in any sport or activity.

TravelPat1

OK - so maybe 'choke' was too strong a wrong word - but basketball - perhaps more than most sports - really seems to have multiple large swings in players' confidence levels - within one game - often even within one quarter.  

A team for one stretch are playing with such apparent confidence they look look like they can't miss a shot - and then just minutes later and suddenly it is like somebody hit a switch - and it seems like you will be surprised if they actually make a shot - of any length. 

And unfortunately for the Raps - the last few minutes of the 4th and the OT last night were one of those stretches where their confidence had just gone out the window completely. That might have been one of their worst 10 minute stretches at home all season from an offence perspective. 

Now I know some of that is credit to the Cavs D - but it was tough to watch with how many wide open shots the Raps missed down the stretch - especially knowing how vital winning and protecting home court in this series was. 

TravelPat1

Of all the evenings for me to have scheduled a G Adventures consumer presentation at the agency - meaning instead of being home by 6'ish I won't get home until close to 9.  

Not only will I miss the last part of the second Jays game of their doubleheader today - which should run until about 7:30PM - but I'll likely miss the entire Game Two of the Raps - Cavs game tonight which starts at 6.  

I guess I'll avoid looking at anything (like Facebook) where I might see the scores and do the PVR thing. 

MUST win night for the Raps. 

sambo42

OK - so maybe 'choke' was too strong a wrong word - but basketball - perhaps more than most sports - really seems to have multiple large swings in players' confidence levels - within one game - often even within one quarter.  

A team for one stretch are playing with such apparent confidence they look look like they can't miss a shot - and then just minutes later and suddenly it is like somebody hit a switch - and it seems like you will be surprised if they actually make a shot - of any length.

And unfortunately for the Raps - the last few minutes of the 4th and the OT last night were one of those stretches where their confidence had just gone out the window completely. That might have been one of their worst 10 minute stretches at home all season from an offence perspective.

Now I know some of that is credit to the Cavs D - but it was tough to watch with how many wide open shots the Raps missed down the stretch - especially knowing how vital winning and protecting home court in this series was.
 Raptors are done... they will win game 2, and maybe even game 5, but losing the 1st game means lights out for them, I just don't see them winning 2 games in Cleveland. LeBron is inside their heads... they would be better off if they "accidently" took out James for this series...

KevinRiley2

Raptors got smoked!!!  WEW HEW!!!

I understand (TBH, I have no idea) the odds of losing 2 at home and coming back in the NBA playoffs to win 4 of 5 are slim and none.  I just hope "slim" just left the A.C.C.

ArgoT

Raptors got smoked!!!  WEW HEW!!!

I understand (TBH, I have no idea) the odds of losing 2 at home and coming back in the NBA playoffs to win 4 of 5 are slim and none.  I just hope "slim" just left the A.C.C.
Loving it the Craptors getting smoked in game 2.
Can we get the brooms out....yeah baby.

letsgoticats

LeBron is absolutely phenomenal.  Wow.  I'm disappointed the Raptors lost, but we're lucky to get to see LeBron play.   Just incredible.  

KevinRiley2

Raptors got smoked!!!  WEW HEW!!!

I understand (TBH, I have no idea) the odds of losing 2 at home and coming back in the NBA playoffs to win 4 of 5 are slim and none.  I just hope "slim" just left the A.C.C.
Loving it the Craptors getting smoked in game 2.
Can we get the brooms out....yeah baby.
We can only hope.  :)

Users Online

97 Guests, 18 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Obrigardo, Clawed2bitz, Rick16, Onemoredork, heapbag, Mightygoose, FormerlyTurkish, RBFan2014, Lyle B. Style, KevinRiley2, MtlerinVan, chiefdkm, DavidThompson, letsgoticats, bobo82, SeaFiddle, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 168. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)