RedandWhite

...in response to possibly the worst rendition of the US athem via Fergie channeling her best drunken mom trying to be sexy, twitter lit it up...”it was so bad, Colin Kapernick stood up in protest”...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

TravelPat1

It was awful.  As one article said it was like the Marilyn Monroe version of Happy Birthday Mr. President.   Charles Barkely on the TNT broadcast said he felt like he needed to have a cigarette after it.  lol

If you didn't see it - here it is.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-fergies-disastrous-national-anthem-at-nba-all-star-game-w516889

TravelPat1

OMG! 

Second wild finish in a row to a Raptors game as they followed up their EPIC comeback win (in OT) the other night in Detroit with a HUGE win tonight. 

Tonight they beat the best team in the NBA - the Houston Rockets - who had won 17 in a row before losing tonight. 

This team is something special. 31 games over .500 now. Amazing!

https://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2018/03/toronto-raptors-playoffs-love/

TravelPat1

First time ever!  Raps the # 1 seed in the East heading into the playoffs. 

TravelPat1

I was considering buying a pair of tickets to one of the Raptors first round playoff games - that is until I saw the prices.  

Standing room $130.00,  Corner upper bowl seats $187.00,  Lower Bowl seats from $389 - $711.  And those are not inflated resell rates. 

I think I'll stick to watching on TV. lol

FootbalYouBet

I was considering buying a pair of tickets to one of the Raptors first round playoff games - that is until I saw the prices.  

Standing room $130.00,  Corner upper bowl seats $187.00,  Lower Bowl seats from $389 - $711.  And those are not inflated resell rates.

I think I'll stick to watching on TV. lol
don't you find it kind of like watching ping pong. 

back and forth, back and forth, back......
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

TravelPat1

Not really.  The atmosphere is a lot of fun too - especially for playoff games.  

A buddy and I went to a playoff game a few years ago - but could not get seats together - and unfortunately the place ended up with every seat totally filled so we could not sit together.  But everybody around me were really into the game and it was a ton of fun.  

The guy to my left only had a stub for a right arm and at one point when the entire crowd was doing a 'Lets' Go Raptors' - clap,clap,clap,clap,clap - 'Let's Go Raptors!' - clap, clap, clap, clap, clap  cheer - the guys around me suddenly shouted 'Hey bud - you've got to help him clap!'

So for the rest of the game anytime there was a cheer that involved clapping it was my right hand with the guy next to me his good left hand. It was hilarious.

FootbalYouBet

Not really.  The atmosphere is a lot of fun too - especially for playoff games.  

A buddy and I went to a playoff game a few years ago - but could not get seats together - and unfortunately the place ended up packed so we could not sit together.  But everybody around me were really into the game and it was a ton of fun.  

The guy to my left only had a stub for a right arm and at one point when the entire crowd was doing a 'Lets' Go Raptors' - clap,clap,clap,clap,clap - 'Let's Go Raptors!' - cap, clap, clap, clap, clap  cheer the guys around me suddenly shouted 'Hey bud - you've got to help him clap!'

So for the rest of the game anytime there was a cheer that involved clapping it was my right hand with the guy's good left hand. It was hilarious.
yeah, I can understand the game experience being enjoyable when you are there, but I was mostly referring to watching it on tv

TravelPat1

Admittedly usually I'll watch intermittently the first half - but then lock in for the second half especially the 4th quarter. 

FootbalYouBet

Admittedly usually I'll watch intermittently the first half - but then lock in for the second half especially the 4th quarter.
I have done same with reg season NHL games during the last few months of the season.  Mostly just watch the 3 period if it is close.

TravelPat1

The insanely bad weather in Southern Ontario had them keep Jurassic Park (aka Maple Leafs Square) closed - but incredibly it seemed most of those who had tickets managed to battle through the first part of our ice storm to get to the ACC to cheer on the Raps to a tight win. 

Finally a Game 1 win for the Raps. Snapping their 10 straight game 1 losing streak. 

TravelPat1

Raptors close strong - turning a one point lead with 4 minutes left into a 10 point win holding Washington to just 4 points over the last 4 minutes. 

Great way to finish.  But Lebron James tonight showed the ultimate way to finish - at both ends of the court. After blocking a Pacers layup that would have given them the lead with 4 seconds left. After a time out Lebron did this....

https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport/videos/10156135494606006/

KevinRiley2

Is it just me or are the Raptors flying under the radar?

Seems like few care.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

TravelPat1

Impressive Game 6 win for the Raps tonight in DC but they have to wait to see who they play next round.

Will it be Lebron and the Cavs or the Pacers.  Tonight in Indy the Pacers destroyed the Cavs by 34 points 121 - 87. So they will play Game 7 in Cleveland Sunday with the winner heading to the ACC for Game 1 - likely on Tuesday or Wednesday night. 

Tonight it was the Raps 'Bench Mob' that did all the damage especially early in the 4th quarter as the Raps deep roster wore the Wizards down. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/4/27/17294188/raptors-bench-second-unit-vs-wizards-game-6-nba-playoffs-2018

Toronto pulled out a tough, come-from-behind 102-92 Game 6 win over Washington to advance to the second round of the East playoffs, and it’s safe to say they wouldn’t have done it without the bench mob that’s powered them all season long.
The Raptors’ second unit accounted for 34 points, seven assists and six steals. Every bench player had a positive plus/minus in Game 6. Pascal Siakam, who was incredible defensively taking turns guarding John Wall, was plus-18. “Pascal is always guarding 17 people,” Lowry said during his post-game interview.

The second unit (17 points) outscored the entire Wizards roster (14 points) in the fourth quarter.

TravelPat1

Here comes the media circus. It is Lebron and the Cavs against the Raps starting this Tuesday at the ACC.

Some of the prices being asked for now that we know it is Lebron and the Cavs for floor courtside seats on Ticketmaster - beyond ridicluous.  Directly behnd the Raps bench - $4445.00 per ticket.  Two front row floor seats - $5907.00 each. Those of course are resell rates. 

Lower bowl actual retail rates range from $364.00 - $744.00.  Upper bowl - $191.00 - $312.00. Standing room at the back of the Upper Bowl with what they call an Obstructed view - $135.00.

Multi million dollar gate for MLSE. 

Users Online

113 Guests, 21 Users (24 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ticats1963, RichardVeilleux, CFLFansInToronto, ticat1, Holy Mackinaw, DavidThompson, ExPat, Mightygoose, Onemoredork, Blackrussian63, longtimetcfan, Hammertown Proud, TheCrazyCatLady, KevinRiley2, letsgoticats, chiefdkm, Lyle B. Style, Garney 26, Google (AdSense) (9), Google (15)

Most Online Today: 201. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)