KevinRiley2

My daughter it was her choice .

She was it's okay but nothing great .

She never laughed at anything  but the hyenas up front were having a good old time .

Thought they were watching a different movie .
Same thing happened when I  saw "Sausage Party".  After the first 15 minutes, once the jokes became repetitive, I never even came close to laughing.  But there were a bunch of dummies up front who were KILLING themselves with laughter.  Everyone else was looking at each other and wondering "Are they watching a different movie?".
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Hank01

I can't stand Seth Rogan . Not funny or talented . Same guy different movie .

I hate he says he's Canadian but you would never know it unlike other Canadian entertainers . 

He should be called the Fraud . Seth I want my money back Rogan  . 

KevinRiley2

I can't stand Seth Rogan . Not funny or talented . Same guy different movie .

I hate he says he's Canadian but you would never know it unlike other Canadian entertainers .

He should be called the Fraud . Seth I want my money back Rogan  .
Amen brother.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Amen brother.
Johnny agrees. Seth Rogan is painfully unfunny! He also has an annoying voice. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Hank01

Johnny agrees. Seth Rogan is painfully unfunny! He also has an annoying voice.
And laugh .

That donkey laugh is assaultive to the ears .

Johnny Ticat slayer

Secret City 2018

This is a political thriller on Netflix. Johnny wagers you have much better things to do than to watch this series! It is a cliché laden series that is unnecessarily complex. It also has a bit too much "Social justice warrior" propaganda for Johnny's tastes. 

Avoid!

4 out of 10

Johnny Ticat slayer

Harlan Coben's Safe 2018

This is a well done "Whodunnit" mystery on Netflix. Inside a gated community, a surgeon searches for his missing teenage daughter, as the daughter's boyfriend dies in mysterious circumstances.

A solid and well acted mystery with a few twists and turns that make it worth it. 

7.5 out of 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkn0JtkqWz4

KevinRiley2

Where Is Kyra (2018 ) :

Kyra (Michelle Pfeiffer) is an older woman down on her luck.  Her husband left her for someone younger, she has no money, no job and few prospects.  Her only blessing is her elderly mother who supports her.  One day her mother dies and Kyra's (financial) life spirals out of control.

Michelle Pfeiffer, still looking beautiful and sexy at 60, is fantastic as the woman who can't catch a break.  Even better is Kiefer Sutherland as her boyfriend.

Where Is Kyra is a small character study.  Nothing big or crazy happens to these people, just everyday life.  It's sad, intense and reminded me how lucky I am.

I loved it.
8/10

Movie Trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj3DSZKarNU

KevinRiley2

The Endless (2018 ) :

Two brothers return to a cult they left as boys.  When they arrive, one brother embraces the life and one wishes they'd never come back - as they battle to make sense of their new world.

The Endless is an "endless" series of frightening scenes that don't add up to much and leave the viewer wondering if directors Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead spent too much of their formative years watching Twin Peaks.  

While scary, The Endless is much ado (97% on Rotten Tomatoes) about nothing...
5.5/10

Movie Trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMHpWCN0byw

Johnny Ticat slayer

Annihilation (2018 )

Lena's husband is a soldier who has been missing for a year.  One day he appears but he isn't himself.  Lena discovers he was sent into a strange vortex (the "shimmer") and she volunteers to go in - in the hope of finding out what happened to him while he was away.

She, and 4 other women, enter the "shimmer" and what follows is sci-fi craziness that is impossible to explain - other than to say it is beautiful and very scary.

I usually hate sci-fi endings, but this one isn't bad.  I usually hate sci-fi films, but this one is very good.

8/10

Movie Trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89OP78l9oF0

Johnny saw this movie tonight. It's not bad at all! There were 2 times where Johnny had to really suspend disbelief; but in a movie like this, it's par for the course. 

This type of movie could have failed, but instead it really works! A solid 7 out of 10. 

Hank01

The Night Eats The World (2017) :

Any zombie aficionado will tell you there are 2 kinds of zombies.  The ones who move slow (The Walking Dead) and the ones who move fast (28 Days Later).  The Night Eats The World is about the latter.

Sam falls asleep at a party.  When he wakes up, everyone has been zombafied (is that a word?), and he`s stranded in an apartment overlooking a city where the undead roam the streets looking for food.  Will Sam be killed by the walking dead? Will he die of hunger?  Will Sam lose his mind or is there life beyond what he sees from his balcony?

The Night Eats The World is really well done (see scary) and one of the better zombie movies I have seen in recent years.

7.25/10

Movie Trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NDCUS6W2oo

Watched this the other night . It was building to something bigger and was enjoying it even though it was rather hard to understand why he was not doing things like  trying to find out more information from internet , radio or tv . 

That bugged me a bit and the ending left me disappointed . 

But over all for a cheap production it wasn't too bad . 

KevinRiley2

Skyscraper (2018 ) :

There are NO words to describe how dumb Skyscraper is.  It's as if the producers decided to combine Die Hard and The Towering Inferno without any concern for realism. Some of the dumbest parts :

* Will Sawyer (Dwayne Johnson) climbs the height of the skyscraper in minutes;
* While the tallest building in the world burns, the police spend their time chasing Will;
* Will's wife Sarah (the beautiful Neve Campbell) walks a plank, thousands of feet above the ground, in high heals;
* Will holds a scaffolding together with his bare hands;
* See the picture below and know that Will somehow survives that jump!

I could fill this page with more but you get the idea.

The ONLY realistic part in the entire movie is early, when Will slaps Sarah's bum. When I saw that I thought "Yeah... I'd tap that, too!". Unfortunately, after that one moment of realism, everything in Skyscraper is nonsensical.

2.5/10

Movie Trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9QePUT-Yt8

Hank01

Skyscraper (2018 ) :

There are NO words to describe how dumb Skyscraper is!!!

It's as if the producers decided to remake/combine Die Hard with The Towering Inferno, without any concern for realism. Some of the dumbest parts :

* Will Sawyer (Dwayne Johnson) climbs the height of the skyscraper in minutes;
* While the tallest building in the world burns, the police spend their time hunting Will.
* Will's wife Sarah (the beautiful Neve Campbell) walks a plank, thousands of feet above the ground, in high heals;
* Will holds a scaffolding together with his bare hands.
* See the picture below and know that he somehow survives that jump.

I could fill this page with more but you get the idea.

The ONLY realistic part in the entire movie is when Will slaps Sarah's bum early in the movie.  When I saw that, I thought "Yeah... I'd tap that too!". Unfortunately, after that one moment of clarity, nothing in Skyscraper makes sense.

2.5/10

Movie Trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9QePUT-Yt8

Surprised you would watch it . It looks like a cartoon .

KevinRiley2

Surprised you would watch it. It looks like a cartoon .
Skyscraper makes the Roadrunner cartoons look realistic.

Hank01

Skyscraper makes the Roadrunner cartoons look realistic.
 Beep Beep !  ;D 

Users Online

100 Guests, 10 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
VICIOUSCIRCLE, DisplacedCatsFan, rshmglsky, Grover, Mightygoose, chiefdkm, BillyDee87, yougottabekidding, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)