letsgoticats

Bulldogs start their playoff run tomorrow night at home.  Hopefully they can get a decent crowd at the game.  Team looks poised to make a deep run this year.  Go Dogs Go!  

beaglehound

Sounds like a good team!

-Hammer-

Looks like we get game 1 - Solid 3rd period play to close this one out

letsgoticats

Great win in Game 1. 

Will be interesting to see what the ice looks like on Sunday.  Quick change over for the First Ontario Centre crew after the Around the Bay Race.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8341124-firstontario-centre-to-become-quick-change-act/

sambo42

My team, the Moose Jaw Warriors, who had been ranked #2 in the CHL Top Ten for the most of the season, lost game 1 first round playoff series game last night. I think they made one too many trades, although they picked up a World Jr Team Canada player (Kale Clague), it seems they lost some of their chemistry in doing so... they were the best team in the WHL during the regular season, but it will mean nothing if they don't make a playoff run. They are good enough to make it to the Mem Cup, but didn't show any of that last night.

-Hammer-

My team, the Moose Jaw Warriors, who had been ranked #2 in the CHL Top Ten for the most of the season, lost game 1 first round playoff series game last night. I think they made one too many trades, although they picked up a World Jr Team Canada player (Kale Clague), it seems they lost some of their chemistry in doing so... they were the best team in the WHL during the regular season, but it will mean nothing if they don't make a playoff run. They are good enough to make it to the Mem Cup, but didn't show any of that last night.
Yeah, a lot of people here are talking about the Soo as the heir apparent for the memorial cup, and it's kind of hard to argue when they've only posted 7 losses this season. 

I know we lost some chemistry when we picked up Robert Thomas as it was a struggle to find him a line, but it looks like we have things worked out.

sambo42

The Warriors needed OT to win game 2 tonight, so the 1st round series tied 1-1... if they play this way with either Swift Current or Regina, its going to a short playoff run for them... Warriors lost 8 games in regulation their final 24, after losing only 7 in their first 48, so they tailed off quite a bit. IMO, the trades they made altered the chemistry of the team... Clague got an "A" after only a few games after joining the team from a division rival (Brandon) so I wonder if some noses are still out of joint. He gets his points, but still hasn't proven to me that he deserves the letter, and is an elite junior D man.

Habsfan

I was at last nights game.  This team is full of talent no doubt.  I found that the defense was collapsing to far back in their own end last night.  This giving up way too many good quality shots from dangerous spots on the ice.  I feel like they are trying to win solely based on their skill and not bringing enough of the physical game that is needed to win and go deep in the playoffs.

sambo42

I'm not sure how they are managing it, but the Warriors have won two games in OT... they sure aren't making it easy on themselves... but, it could be a good thing in a way, Prince Albert is making them earn it.

-Hammer-

Well, glad to see the Bulldogs smoke the 67's, now onto Niagara whose goalie Dhillion has had Hamilton's number all season. Should be an interesting series and hopefuly the close proximity means some packed houses the week.

TravelPat1

Well, glad to see the Bulldogs smoke the 67's, now onto Niagara whose goalie Dhillion has had Hamilton's number all season. Should be an interesting series and hopefuly the close proximity means some packed houses the week.
Well - game one was exciting with the Bulldogs (after blowing a 4 goal 3rd period lead) winning it in overtime.  But what a disappointing crowd!  Only 2,600 and change.   

Hank01

Well - game one was exciting with the Bulldogs (after blowing a 4 goal 3rd period lead) winning it in overtime.  But what a disappointing crowd!  Only 2,600 and change.  
 Thats terrible and some people think the NHL would be a good fit for Hamilton . 
It sure doesn't look like a hockey crazy Canadian city . 

I know small towns with lower tier leagues that get better crowds than that for the playoffs .

letsgoticats

Great win for the Bulldogs, but that's a real disappointing crowd.  I remember the old AHL Bulldogs having the same problem with playoff tickets.  The short notice and inability to sell group tickets to schools/hockey teams etc. seems to really crush ticket sales.

TravelPat1

Another thrilling OT win for the Bulldogs tonight in front of a significantly better crowd of over 6,000.

Here's the OT winner
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/982803122933317634

TravelPat1

The battle of the Dogs is turning out to be a dandy of a series due in large part to the play of the Niagara IceDogs goalie Stephen Dhillon.  The IceDogs won 4 - 3 last night in the third consecutive overtime game of the series. The Bulldogs now lead the series 2 - 1..

Hamilton has been the better team in all 3 games but the Niagara goalie may steal this series for them.  

Hamilton has outshot the IceDogs every game with 147 shots on goal through 3 games compared to 90 for Niagara.   

Users Online

81 Guests, 15 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
97valkyrie, TravelPat1, RedandWhite, rshmglsky, jkm, Dr.Whiskey, FootbalYouBet, Jindred, shadowski, ExPat, RM14, MadJack, Lyle B. Style, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (13)

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)