ArgoT

As per John Shannon, the Raptors/Cavs TV number was about 740K - I THINK he meant Game 2 which, of course, was the biggest Raptors game of the year.

;D

Imagine if the CFL had a playoff number like that?  Heck, even if a BIG regular season CFL game doesn't hit that number, the cfl.ca forum's Usual Suspects gloat and proclaim the end of the CFL.

Such a hypocritical double standard.
Surprised by the Lebron lack of interest . Understand the Raps but not watching it for the King is a statement maker for the NBA interest here .

Always thought they should build from the bottom to the top and not the other way around for fans .

MLSE is doing wonders though financially speaking ; if the Raps were alone with an owner you might see a Grizzly type fall by now .

I understand the Craptors are big in Toronto but, and I am being 100% honest, I don't know anyone who watches them - or cares whether they win or lose.

I am in awe of how low their TV numbers are.
Yes the Craptors and TFC by and large are and except the odd one off scenario, have numbers in the range of family and friends. Infomercials do better most of the time.
Pathetic, but of course some here and the local over the top media  in the city of Toronto will remind you constantly they are major league versus our bush league CFL/Argos??

KevinRiley2

I MAY watch the last 5 minutes of the Raptors game, tonight - assuming it is close or they are losing.  I want to join the other 700,000 people who tune in.  LOL!

As per John Shannon, the late NHL playoff game (on Thursday? - he didn't say) came in 1,340,000.  The early game was 1,400,000.  And the Raptors were 600K below the late game - thus 740K.  

As I have said many times, imagine if the CFL had numbers like that for a BIG regular season game?  Good God, the Usual Suspects would be all over them - ready to sign their death certificate.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

TravelPat1

Jets game only 1.34 million? Less than the Pens - Caps Thursday night? IF true - how strange. 

KevinRiley2

Jets game only 1.34 million? Less than the Pens - Caps Thursday night? IF true - how strange.
Fell free to listen to Prime Time Sports on Friday night - where it was discussed.

Feel free to correct me if you hear something different.

I thought you were no longer reading my posts (LOL!!!)

Mightygoose

Wasn't the Jets-Preds game on Sportsnet while Pens-Caps on CBC? That would explain those numbers IMO.

KevinRiley2

Wasn't the Jets-Preds game on Sportsnet while Pens-Caps on CBC? That would explain those numbers IMO.
Not sure.  Again, I just repeated what I heard John Shannon say on PTS.  If anyone  doubts what I wrote, they can listen to the program and correct me.

KevinRiley2

I re-listened to Friday's PTS...  

Shannon was talking about the Thursday night Raptor's game.  I was, as always, correct about the numbers quoted!  Am I ever wrong?

Feel free to listen...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-time-sports/may-4-brian-burke-joins-the-friday-round-table/

Go to 1:03:30.

If anyone disagrees with the numbers, call John Shannon at Sportsnet.

TravelPat1

Nope - reverse of that. The entire Jets series is on CBC. That night the Pens- Caps were on Sportsnet - and actually only started on Sportsnet West and Pacific because the rain delayed extra inning first game of the Jays doubleheader that day spilled over past 7:00PM and they stuck with the extra innings of the Jays game on Sportsnet Ontario and East. Once the first Jays game ended Sportsnet Ontario and East picked up the Caps - Pens game in the first intermission. Maybe the Jays gave that game a great lead-in?  lol

Raptors were on Sportsnet 1 starting at 6:00PM and the Jays second game was only on Sportsnet 360. CBC had the Jets game. 

TravelPat1

With the Raptors game on ABC tonight the viewing audience will be split between the Sportsnet 1 telecast and the ABC one - so if in my absence somebody posts a low Sportsnet 1 rating number from tonight's game - don't be surprised.  

And same with the Caps - Pens game on NBC too (great game tonight!) which will cut into the Canadian ratings for that game too Hopefully the Jets - Preds game ratings for tonight's game improve from what they apparently got Thursday. 

I wonder what games I'll be able to see this week. Early morning Porter flight to Newark tomorrow to hook into a work related 'Seminar at Sea' Bermuda cruise for the week.  4 days at Sea and 3 days in Bermuda. I may go into sports withdrawal  - lol. 

KevinRiley2

With the Raptors game on ABC tonight the viewing audience will be split between the Sportsnet 1 telecast and the ABC one - so if in my absence somebody posts a low Sportsnet 1 rating number from tonight's game - don't be surprised.  
The only thing better than ratings excuses, are PRE-ratings excuses.   ;D

KevinRiley2

Given the ratings, I wonder if the Thursday night Raptors game was on ABC?  ;)

TravelPat1

The Jets ratings continue to climb the farther they go - but still not at the 4.2 million level the Leafs reached in Game 7 Round One.  

Game 7 against Nashville hit 3.0 million last week with the 7 game series averaging 2.2 million with a reach for the 7 games of 13.7 million Canadians.

In the USA the Jets Game 7 had an average of 1.61 million on NBCSN + streaming down there. 

Users Online

113 Guests, 17 Users (18 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Oskie18, heapbag, MadJack, Lyle B. Style, TravelPat1, everyman, RedandWhite, Augustus67, ticat1, ExPat, tcmike, KevinRiley2, SeaFiddle, Google (AdSense) (12), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)