Aerial

Well it's probably good for the sport to see teams from different leagues play each other even if some players are rested as you say.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

vampiresquid

It's better than a total non-descript name like Toronto FC.  That's brutal.  About as much originality as an amoeba.
That is the actually the global standard. Unlike North American pro sports teams, soccer and other sports team grew from the local community club. So, if this happened in Toronto, the soccer team would have been TFC, the hockey team would be THC, the basketball team would be TBC etc.. Plus, we would seen 2 or 3 more Toronto clubs who would have the were with all to field Div 1 teams.

So, that leaves the nickname to be developed organically rather than driven by the flavour of the month corporate culture with the classic example being Raptors who came out with a cartoonish logo that doesn't have much ties to Toronto.

-Hammer-

Ditto! Terrible name.
Yup, I agree. It just sounds so arrogant.

Aerial

It's better than a total non-descript name like Toronto FC.  That's brutal.  About as much originality as an amoeba.
That is the actually the global standard. Unlike North American pro sports teams, soccer and other sports team grew from the local community club. So, if this happened in Toronto, the soccer team would have been TFC, the hockey team would be THC, the basketball team would be TBC etc.. Plus, we would seen 2 or 3 more Toronto clubs who would have the were with all to field Div 1 teams.

So, that leaves the nickname to be developed organically rather than driven by the flavour of the month corporate culture with the classic example being Raptors who came out with a cartoonish logo that doesn't have much ties to Toronto.
Not sure what you just said but Toronto FC still sounds as boring and dull and it gets.Remember though, I totally don't understand the sport of pro soccer and it's quirks and mannerisms.  Are you saying soccer teams like "organic" (whatever that means in a sport context, not a clue) non-descript names like Toronto FC?   :-\  

Mightygoose

Calgary based Cavalry FC officialy unvieled as CPL's second club

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/spruce-meadows-unveils-name-calgarys-pro-soccer-team/

To play at 5K seat stadium at Spruce Meadows.

alphamale111

Hank01

Nice ,Thats a pretty good looking European stadium for York 9. 

15 ,000 is the optimum number .

Probably only need 6,000 to start at York U but the 15,000 can be grown into over       time at the right location .

Aerial

Interesting.

alphamale111

Not sure what you just said but Toronto FC still sounds as boring and dull and it gets.Remember though, I totally don't understand the sport of pro soccer and it's quirks and mannerisms.  Are you saying soccer teams like "organic" (whatever that means in a sport context, not a clue) non-descript names like Toronto FC?   :-\  
"Organic" in this case means developed from the fan base. TFC is called The Reds by fans/ team and some media who follow the sport.

Aerial

Ok, then all teams in every sport have some organic to it since all fans do something on their own whether it be just parking in a parking lot before a game and having a beer before you go in.  Whatever semantics work.

TFC is still a boring name IMHO however "organic" one wants to call the name.  But I do understand you're meaning of the term "organic" now with it being the fans choice for the name.  I guess Toronto MLS soccer fans aren't too creative though ;), albeit very passionate I must say. 

rshmglsky

PTBO Dave

York9 stadium plans...

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/york-9-fc-stadium-york-region-15-000-seats.28555/

http://www.bearstadiums.com/en
Looks like something made of popsicle sticks (from the rendering).
From the outside, yeah, I see what you mean.

But, I think it also looks pretty cool, and looks like it would be a nice stadium to watch soccer in.

Mightygoose

HFX Wanders FC unveiled in the Nova Scotia capital today

http://hfxwanderersfc.canpl.ca/

They have a double blue logo to boot ;D

Hank01

Logo Looks good and the site is not too shabby either  . 

PTBO Dave

Yup, hard to go wrong with double blue. 

Users Online

126 Guests, 17 Users (21 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
guelphcatsfan, Aerial, USfanguy, tabbiefan72, Hammertown Proud, AlsPal, Mightygoose, ed ohmnes, EastVanMark, FootbalYouBet, raymarkca, heapbag, FormerlyTurkish, sherry07033, ExPat, 150GAGE, Google (AdSense) (11), Google (8), Baidu, Alexa

Most Online Today: 168. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)