rshmglsky

Love the Gaelic, but that might be just because I'm a huge Outlander fan.

alphamale111

KevinRiley2

I hope this League does well.  
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

oo DAWG oo

rshmglsky

rshmglsky

I hope this League does well.  
Why
Apparently they're even thinking of starting a woman's league. That would have the potential to be the best woman's league in the world.

PTBO Dave

I read that they hope to one day have enough teams to implement a promotion/relegation system, which is a format I like and wish it were used in some North American leagues.

How many teams would be necessary for that system to be worth implementing? Maybe 20, with the top 2 of the lower division moving up and the bottom two of the higher division moving down?

KevinRiley2

oo DAWG oo

Hank01

I read that they hope to one day have enough teams to implement a promotion/relegation system, which is a format I like and wish it were used in some North American leagues.

How many teams would be necessary for that system to be worth implementing? Maybe 20, with the top 2 of the lower division moving up and the bottom two of the higher division moving down?
 That would be amazing to differentiate themselves from MLS as a true relegated 
promotional system once they get a substantial number of teams in the future and they should build themselves as more of a genuine legitimate league where they see the established premier league as the model for  real competitive format and not this who gets the stars this year fake MLS agenda .

Yes the established teams in PL end up winning more and the rich get richer but that is done with a more transparent system that the fans buy into fully because of the established market .

How on earth does any league operate with total control of talent dispersal year to year  and get away with it ?  Well I guess if the league actually owns every team in real terms this sham exists . I just don't get the fan base not expressing the disdain for this integrity problem where it exists within plain site .

alphamale111

16 - 18 would do it at first. They are talking to 22 potential owners/ markets at this time.

alphamale111

That would be amazing to differentiate themselves from MLS as a true relegated
promotional system once they get a substantial number of teams in the future and they should build themselves as more of a genuine legitimate league where they see the established premier league as the model for  real competitive format and not this who gets the stars this year fake MLS agenda .

Yes the established teams in PL end up winning more and the rich get richer but that is done with a more transparent system that the fans buy into fully because of the established market .

How on earth does any league operate with total control of talent dispersal year to year  and get away with it ?  Well I guess if the league actually owns every team in real terms this sham exists . I just don't get the fan base not expressing the disdain for this integrity problem where it exists within plain site .

Single entity model - They have about the same control over talent dispersal as any other league in north America... There are rules that allocate draft order, academy and farm team(USL) player movement, discovery claims, free agency and re-entry to north America...  It actually seems pretty clear. Owners are still in control over how they build the team and thus responsible for it's on and off field success.

Yes, promotion and relegation will set the league apart from MLS in a positive way. However it will still have a salary cap and similar player restrictions including a domestic player caps, etc.

PTBO Dave

16 - 18 would do it at first. They are talking to 22 potential owners/ markets at this time.
Yeah, I think 16 would be about the minimum needed to divide into two levels. Depending on the salary and budgets, I think 16 should be attainable quite quickly.

Are you familiar with how soccer leagues around the world do it? Do teams from the lower tier ever play teams from the upper tier? Only in friendlies or do such matches count for standings somehow?

alphamale111

alphamale111

Users Online

86 Guests, 16 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MadJack, raymarkca, Lyle B. Style, Abendschan, bobo82, KevinRiley2, ExPat, mike619, Balticfox, jkm, Oskie18, rcon, Blackrussian63, Bayargonaut00, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)