Lyle B. Style

P.L.K.L. is wearing her hair straight back - my favourite look.

She and Jill Officer have been 93%.  WOW!

They should handle Germany with ease...  hopefully!  :)
I was a fan of Homan's... but after their Olympic display it was a total letdown... their poor play, poor attitude and overall vibe of hostility that is very disappointing, I thought they would have represented Canada better. I'm not a big fan of Jones either, but I will cheer them on to victory this week. At least TSN is doing the coverage, they are far better than the dull SN crew, they can cure your insomnia.
Jones herself is TSN's biggest asset. JJ makes every game kinda interesting, whether she's playing a fawn or a certified superstar.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

KevinRiley2

I was a fan of Homan's... but after their Olympic display it was a total letdown... their poor play, poor attitude and overall vibe of hostility that is very disappointing, I thought they would have represented Canada better. I'm not a big fan of Jones either, but I will cheer them on to victory this week. At least TSN is doing the coverage, they are far better than the dull SN crew, they can cure your insomnia.
Well said.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

KevinRiley2

Jones herself is TSN's biggest asset. JJ makes every game kinda interesting, whether she's playing a fawn or a certified superstar.
I am, of course, biased but, to my eyes, TSN and the other networks are highlight PLKL more and more - and JJ less and less.

I rikey.  I rikey arot! :)

Lyle B. Style

I am, of course, biased but, to my eyes, TSN and the other networks are highlight PLKL more and more - and JJ less and less.

I rikey.  I rikey arot! :)
Jones gets a ton of air-time cuz that's the only game TSN carries - no Canada tickey, no washee.
But Jones is relatively impassive until she throws a stone and starts her routinely erroneous pattern of line & weight-calling. Her shrieks can certainly raise the roof of that 3,000 low-ceiling arena in North Bay.

Lawes is getting a ton of face-time - while not as loud as her skip - she is forced to scream at top of lungs cuz her skip/team owner demands it.
Right now - I agree with you, despite being vice-skip Lawes is the face of curling on television.
Jones has taken a step back - mostly due to her age (44), Jill Officer playing her last year as a full-time 2nd and Dawn McEwen's certified stoic presence at lead.

Princess Eve Muirhead used to get a ton of coverage - but she failed to get out of Scotland this year. Anna Sidorova, the dour-faced beauty queen from Moscow also failed but she's on the bench as team 5th.
Others that will instantly attract attention - the Swedish skip, the Swedish 2nd Agnes, USA skip Jamie Sinclair, the Czech skip.

KevinRiley2

Just watched Canada's game against China.  One of PLKL lesser games. :(

Ms. Jones picked up the slack and was GREAT!!!

So was Jill Officer - as they said during the broadcast, "You're going to miss me when I'm gone".

KevinRiley2

4 - 2 for Canada, after 4, vs Denmark.

I sure wish Team Jones had been at the Olympics - instead of the Mean Girls.

KevinRiley2

Canada beats Denmark.  We are now 5-0.

:)

KevinRiley2

Canada just beat Scotland.  Great match.  

Lyle B. Style

Canada just beat Scotland.  Great match.  
Missed it - was calling the bingo at my nursing home!

Scotland was winless going in - not even close to Princess Eve Muirhead in terms of quality.

But like Russ Howard indicated - most of Jones' wounds are self-inflicted. She takes amazing risks every ends and when she's not making every shot she'll put herself in deep doo-doo.

But that's the way Jones rolls - and what makes her games so exciting vs. sleep-walkers like The Mean Girls or Sensational Sherry Middaugh or Valberta Sweeting, etc.

Jones is the Buddy Rogers of womens curling - when you get Jones you get your money's worth!

KevinRiley2

Canada just beat Scotland.  Great match.  
Missed it - was calling the bingo at my nursing home!

Scotland was winless going in - not even close to Princess Eve Muirhead in terms of quality.

But like Russ Howard indicated - most of Jones' wounds are self-inflicted. She takes amazing risks every ends and when she's not making every shot she'll put herself in deep doo-doo.

But that's the way Jones rolls - and what makes her games so exciting vs. sleep-walkers like The Mean Girls or Sensational Sherry Middaugh or Valberta Sweeting, etc.

Jones is the Buddy Rogers of womens curling - when you get Jones you get your money's worth!

Re : "Missed it - was calling the bingo at my nursing home!"

I'm sorry you are in a nursing home.

KevinRiley2

Canada vs Sweden...

Jones screwed up with her last throw.  Come on Jennifer!  All you needed was paint for a deuce.  :(

KevinRiley2

2 - 1 for Canada after 3...

I don't mean to keep dumping on Ms. Jones, but I sure wish she would throw a little more weight.

KevinRiley2

Lucas Bellemare

If Jennifer Jones is due to retirement, I would still have gived a lot to see her at the Olympics lol

Lyle B. Style

2 - 1 for Canada after 3...

I don't mean to keep dumping on Ms. Jones, but I sure wish she would throw a little more weight.
Jonesie is up 5-1 on Supergirl from Sweden at the break.

However, its more Sweden missing more shots than Jones (if that's possible)

Not a great curling clinic tonite - Jones is in real need of a walker (type with the skis) and Supergirl obviously had kryptonite goulash for supper.

5-1 lead and you're curling like crap - wouldn't surprise me at all if Supergirl recovers from the kryptonite and nips Jones at the wire!

Users Online

107 Guests, 16 Users (22 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Garney 26, rshmglsky, RBFan2014, Lyle B. Style, Boycey40, mycko75, Mightygoose, TravelPat1, TeddyFay, Onemoredork, FootbalYouBet, alphamale111, Dr.Whiskey, DisplacedCatsFan, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (14)

Most Online Today: 187. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)