Aerial

In the big picture, I think it’s awesome that ANY parent encourages any fitness, sport, team activities etc
Well said Iconic.  And congrats FYB on your son doing so well in taekwondo, beauty!
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Iconic SR

started my son off playing softball which evolved into fastball by the time he was 11.  I got worried about his reflexes not being very good and took him out of it.  He didn't mind.  We moved him to soccer but he had some health problems so that stopped.  Then we put him in taekwondo hoping it would improve his reflexes.  It worked some.  He ended up becoming a 3rd degree black belt and certified instructor.  He never expressed any interest in playing football or hockey so we didn't have to deal with that.  Neither sport was a temptation as my son just didn't have the body/skillset for either.

If he had been interested in Hockey, I would have had to say sorry but no.  I just could not handle being a hockey parent and my wife way too busy at work.  I might have let him try football, but only if he wanted it so much that he begged and bargained for it.

For all the years that I wanted to be able to play pro football, I am glad that I did not.

I was hoping that my son would take to soccer and at least be as good as I was at it.  It was not to be.
Does you son still participate in or instruct taekwondo?

FootbalYouBet

started my son off playing softball which evolved into fastball by the time he was 11.  I got worried about his reflexes not being very good and took him out of it.  He didn't mind.  We moved him to soccer but he had some health problems so that stopped.  Then we put him in taekwondo hoping it would improve his reflexes.  It worked some.  He ended up becoming a 3rd degree black belt and certified instructor.  He never expressed any interest in playing football or hockey so we didn't have to deal with that.  Neither sport was a temptation as my son just didn't have the body/skillset for either.

If he had been interested in Hockey, I would have had to say sorry but no.  I just could not handle being a hockey parent and my wife way too busy at work.  I might have let him try football, but only if he wanted it so much that he begged and bargained for it.

For all the years that I wanted to be able to play pro football, I am glad that I did not.

I was hoping that my son would take to soccer and at least be as good as I was at it.  It was not to be.
Does you son still participate in or instruct taekwondo?
his job has forced him to take a break from it.  when he has regular shifts he will try to get back into it.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

FootbalYouBet

96 days until both this world cup and 2018 CFL start. 

Sooo looking forward to it. 

Paolo X

96 days until both this world cup and 2018 CFL start.

Sooo looking forward to it.
For years, June has been one of my favourite months of the year too.
Best Regards, Paolo

FootbalYouBet

One whole month to go.  If it wasn't for hockey, I would go nuts waiting.

btharner

Looking forward to it. I plan to fully immerse myself to the point that I might just be able to ignore turning 50.

Played the prediction contest on FIFA.com and picked Germany over France in the final. That has more to do with being an avid German fan than any astute analysis. 

Paolo X

Looking forward to it. I plan to fully immerse myself to the point that I might just be able to ignore turning 50.

Played the prediction contest on FIFA.com and picked Germany over France in the final. That has more to do with being an avid German fan than any astute analysis.
Hey where in Central PA if you don't mind I ask? I am just outside Philadelphia here.

Paolo X

One whole month to go.  If it wasn't for hockey, I would go nuts waiting.
I agree, and by mid-June, my favourite month of the year, we get the double-whammy of the CFL and the World Cup again this year!

There will almost ALWAYS be a game on!

I've been following the Champions League and the Barclays Premiere League all spring too.

TravelPat1

And right now the FA Cup.  Classic matchup of Manchester United and Chelsea. 

Next Saturday we get the UEFA Championships Liverpool and Real Madrid and then after that only a couple of weeks before the World Cup kicks off.  Love it! 

btharner

Hey where in Central PA if you don't mind I ask? I am just outside Philadelphia here.
Sunbury, about 50 miles north of Harrisburg along the Susquehanna River.

btharner

As a former referee, I feel the need to brag that the US is the only country with two refs (Geiger and Marrufo) appointed for the World Cup. Our team may suck, but FIFA must like our guys in the middle.

FootbalYouBet

just 2 1/2 and 3 days to wait.  I am getting so looking forward to both.

TravelPat1

Here is the TSN/CTV Broadcast Schedule

https://www.tsn.ca/fifa-world-cup-on-tsn-broadcast-schedule-1.1095011

At least on weekdays I should be able to watch the 7:00AM ET games live before heading into work.  :)

ArgoT

Just like every four years, very  much looking forward to the WC and especially  the exciting  first round.
Hoping my Croatian team can finally live up to its capabilities.

Users Online

77 Guests, 17 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, Abendschan, ExPat, MadJack, Balticfox, jkm, Oskie18, rcon, Blackrussian63, Bayargonaut00, FootbalYouBet, FormerlyTurkish, of course, 97valkyrie, Grover, shadowski, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (12)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)