Iconic SR

IMO, when a fan publicly states that they need to get away from the game and take up something else in order to gain personal fulfillment - it seems that they might be unhappy or unfulfilled people. Counting on a sports team or league to make one happy is a no win situation for both the fan and the team. Anyone knows sports has its ebbs and flows and I believe any and all sports teams go thru very bad times at some point.

Some run from that while others huddle in support and or anticipation of better times.
Running from it... yeah right.
Football teams and their ardent fans are generally like family. Good times and bad, not everyone gets along, but still in it for the long haul. Walking or running away from a team due to bad decision making or losses or whatever - is still walking or running away. That person obviously cannot be happy within the family.

HfxTC

You are completely disconnected from the Montreal situation. It has nothing to do with losing. They were losing for four straight years and the place was packed. It has to do with incompetence, dishonesty and how they treat people. No fan should be held hostage in these type of situations. Don't try to stick labels on people for a situation you know nothing or next to nothing about.

I remember your stadium fakin half empty during the Al Ford years. Your pontificating is missplaced or your carrying water for someone.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Niagara Als

Yes we are all unhappy with our beloved Als but,what do we do about it? We complain in this Forum about it. Those of you who reside in Montreal make can make a decision about supporting the team ( we go to the games ) or, we make a decision to not be not supporting ( we don't go to the games). When I had family in Montreal I used to travel to this city at least ounce yearly in the Fall to take in at least one game. I then physically supported  the team in this small way although, when I lived in Montreal I would attend at least most of the games yearly.I paid to see the games.
I'm still a fan of the Als. When the owner of the team built the extension on the South side of the Stadium, I sent $100. to the Alouette office noting this money was being sent to help the team addition financially. The Als office were pretty good and, one of their salesman called me to suggest I purchase the price of 1 brick to this extension. I did not take him up on this offer. Now, I do think  I'd buy a full brick if ever I get a second opportunity so to do. There must be another way for the fans to support the team?
Maybe the organization should sponsor a membership in the Als for ex -Montrealers like myself and, we could purchase this with yearly by a fee of say, $100. In addition, perhaps our group should each commit to write a letter to the Als organization giving someone in that office our opinions of suggested improvements with the team. Do any of you Form members have any ideas about how we can support the organization, in an extra model than just buying tickets? What are your suggestion? Are there any other options?

HfxTC

I think you misread me HfxTC, I was taking no shot at all at d&p.  So I deleted my post and will return to oblivion.
I didn't misread. Maybe you misspoke?

Grandstanding: noun, pejorative
ostentatious behaviour or speech intended to impress people

MadJack

No, HfxTC, you DID misread me.  Look again.  I said I did not make any grandstanding announcement LIKE FYB DID.

It was a reference to FYB (Football You Bet), and NOT a shot at d&p.

Clear now?

HfxTC

No, HfxTC, you DID misread me.  Look again.  I said I did not make any grandstanding announcement LIKE FYB DID.

Clear now?
My apologies Jack. I hadn't made the association FYB. I'm sincerely sorry.

MadJack

Accepted, HfxTC; you're a classy man sir.

HfxTC

Accepted, HfxTC; you're a classy man sir.
Thanks Jack. It makes it easier since i'm happy i was wrong.

beaglehound

Clear now?
MadJack,

Let's be real clear about what you have just said.  Your comment was,  "I quit participating here due to the abuse I was taking from one particular poster and one particular mod. . . so I decided it was best to just walk away, without making a grandstanding announcement of my departure like FYB did."

If that is not grandstanding, do tell.  Why would you try to puff yourself up [grandstanding] at the expense of another member [FYB]?  Why would you think it appropriate to call out another member and berate him in this way?  He is not here to defend himself nor should he even have to try.

Secondly, why would you feel it appropriate to tell the membership that one reason you left was because of abuse from 'one particular mod'?  There are two sides to every story.  Whoever that mod was/is, that mod is not here to defend himself/herself.  Perhaps you were not being abused at all but did not like to be held accountable or you didn't like being warned about unacceptable conduct.    

HfxTC was  being a gentleman and in my opinion he was being generous extending an apology in this situation.   Perhaps you might extend the same courtesy to FootbalYouBet sometime.

You could easily have made your point by saying you left because of personality conflicts or for personal reasons or words to that effect rather than take shots at the mod team or at other individuals.  Both are violations of forum guidelines.  Please refrain.  
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."

LeStaf

Clear now?
MadJack,

Let's be real clear about what you have just said.  Your comment was,  "I quit participating here due to the abuse I was taking from one particular poster and one particular mod. . . so I decided it was best to just walk away, without making a grandstanding announcement of my departure like FYB did."

If that is not grandstanding, do tell.  Why would you try to puff yourself up [grandstanding] at the expense of another member [FYB]?  Why would you think it appropriate to call out another member and berate him in this way?  He is not here to defend himself nor should he even have to try.

Secondly, why would you feel it appropriate to tell the membership that one reason you left was because of abuse from 'one particular mod'?  There are two sides to every story.  Whoever that mod was/is, that mod is not here to defend himself/herself.  Perhaps you were not being abused at all but did not like to be held accountable or you didn't like being warned about unacceptable conduct.    

HfxTC was  being a gentleman and in my opinion he was being generous extending an apology in this situation.   Perhaps you might extend the same courtesy to FootbalYouBet sometime.

You could easily have made your point by saying you left because of personality conflicts or for personal reasons or words to that effect rather than take shots at the mod team or at other individuals.  Both are violations of forum guidelines.  Please refrain.  

Honnêtement, je ne trouve pas que MadJack ait manqué de respect envers qui que ce soit dans ses propos. Il n'a pas critiqué FootballYouBet mais seulement évoqué qu'il a fait son propre retrait d'une façon différente. Il a exprimé ses raisons de se retirer sans épiloguer, aussi je ne vois pas ce qu'il y a de vraiment offensant quand les raisons personnelles sont exposées de façon relativement factuelle et sans invective. Il ne cherche pas à AVOIR raison, mais seulement exprime SES raisons. Je ne vois pas tellement ce dont FYB ou le/la modérateur/trice aurait à se défendre tant la façon dont MadJack l'a manifestée ne comporte aucune critique foncièrement désobligeante.

Peut-être y a-t-il des choses qui m'échappent, mais pour ma part, je ne vois pas dans le message de Madjack matière à remontrances.  Libre à vous de m'éclairer; je n'entends pas en faire un débat de toute façon.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Users Online

94 Guests, 1 User (7 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ed ohmnes, Yahoo!, Google (6)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)