MadJack

I think you misread me HfxTC, I was taking no shot at all at d&p.  So I deleted my post and will return to oblivion.

Johnny Ticat slayer

I think you misread me HfxTC, I was taking no shot at all at d&p.  So I deleted my post and will return to oblivion.
No need to go back to oblivion. An explanation is usually better than just going away. Full disclosure; when you stopped posting here, Johnny looked you up. Johnny remembered your true name and profession from an article Herb wrote about you, a few years ago.

Maybe Johnny got some of the research parameters wrong; but he found nothing. Johnny feared you had passed away.

Johnny is happy you are still around! We might disagree on football related matters, but those are pretty small things compared to life in general.

Besides, Johnny could never stay mad at a guy who likes Miles Davis' music (you and D&P share this trait, as does Johnny).

Johnny would still argue Chet Baker is a better trumpetist, but Davis is a more influential artist.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVGPsw23gx8
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

gc.108

I'm so happy you can now play guitar 18 times a year. In North America we have a lot to learn about being loyal sports fans. As soon as a team goes through bad times, it's easy to quit supporting the team and giving up. Is that what you do once a marriage goes through rough times? Do you abandon your children because they make decisions you don't agree with? In a few years (or however long it may take, maybe we need to be talking decades, but regardless), when the Als do turn things around and become competitive and eventually win more Championships, I hope that you enjoy playing your guitar and all your other hobbies you decide to take on. Maybe you can even write a song about it, while the rest of us celebrate.

Best wishes to you.  

jkm

I echo Johnny's sentiments, Madjack.  I for one liked your comments.

As to harassment or any kind of bullying, intimidation... on this forum, it is clearly not permitted and individuals who do so should be reported and banned.  The Mods do their best to help avoid these situations.

Hopefully, you will post again.

Last point - I hope the Als brain trust (and I use that term loosely!) are satisfied with their off season deals.  SJ, Bear, and - for that matter! - Popp are GC winners!  I wonder if and when we will ever see a GC parade down Ste Catherine again!

LeStaf

Besides, Johnny could never stay mad at a guy who likes Miles Davis' music (you and D&P share this trait, as does Johnny).

Johnny would still argue Chet Baker is a better trumpetist, but Davis is a more influential artist.  :)

Freddy Hubbard?
For translation  ---->  http://translate.google.ca/

LeStaf

I'm so happy you can now play guitar 18 times a year. In North America we have a lot to learn about being loyal sports fans. As soon as a team goes through bad times, it's easy to quit supporting the team and giving up. Is that what you do once a marriage goes through rough times? Do you abandon your children because they make decisions you don't agree with? In a few years (or however long it may take, maybe we need to be talking decades, but regardless), when the Als do turn things around and become competitive and eventually win more Championships, I hope that you enjoy playing your guitar and all your other hobbies you decide to take on. Maybe you can even write a song about it, while the rest of us celebrate.

Best wishes to you.  
Mais que dire de 5 ans de médiocrité? Que dire de tous ces cas de 2017 où manifestement l'équipe de direction essayait de noyer le poisson? Doit-on nécessairement s'abreuver à la ligne de com qu'on nous sert quand il est manifeste que les choses sont autres que de la façon dont on nous les présente? Il y a une limite à l'incompétence.  Il y a une limite à croire qu'on peut berner les supporteurs avec des phrases creuses et des plans bidons.

idealsheldon

I`ve been drowning my Alouette sorrows in my jazz vocalist collection, which is my musical thing.

How about the trumpet solo on this great Shirley Horn song I was listening to Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68bKZ8H0yhs 

I`m not always right, I just think I am.

mike2579

My friends always called me a loser because i follow the Alouettes and CFL instead of the NFL, i have nobody else to bitch and whine to lol. Ur all my Alouettes family and im glad we all find them a joke together! I actually enjoyed watching other teams play this year something i never did in the past...hmmmmm!

Glad to hear from u again DP! Get that guitar ripping like Alex Lifeson...i can already hear u playing the cords to “closer to the heart”
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

Niagara Als

MadJack: I have missed your comments on your favorite football team. There is no one around that I can talk of Perry Moss, Sam Etcheverry, Tex Coulter, Marv Luster and others. I hope you decide to return to our Forum.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Freddy Hubbard?
Un très bon choix Freddy Hubbard! Rendu à ce niveau de talent, c'est plus les préférences subjectives qui vont décider qui est le "meilleur" pour chacun. 

Johnny Ticat slayer

I`ve been drowning my Alouette sorrows in my jazz vocalist collection, which is my musical thing.

How about the trumpet solo on this great Shirley Horn song I was listening to Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68bKZ8H0yhs

Johnny just listened to this song on Tidal. Very nice! You are right Sheldon, the trumpet solo is just lovely. Johnny looked up the trumpeter. His name is Carl Saunders. Johnny just added him to his list of artists in Tidal. Also added Shirley Horn. She has a strong, but elegant voice. Thanks Sheldon! Johnny loves discovering new music.

Johnny got a 90 day free trial of the hifi tier (CD quality files) of Tidal, when he bought an audio component two weeks ago. Tidal is awesome! So much good music at your fingertips.

Johnny just has to share with you guys what he bought. This device has been putting a smile on Johnny's face every day! 

https://www.naimaudio.com/product/nd5-xs

If any of you have been thinking of getting a high quality Network player-streamer-DAC, there is a huge discount on brand new units until December 31st. PM Johnny for details.  

Niagara Als

I share the feelings of gc108. I don't have any hostility towards the Alouette management although, I do wish they would get their act together.

Iconic SR

IMO, when a fan publicly states that they need to get away from the game and take up something else in order to gain personal fulfillment - it seems that they might be unhappy or unfulfilled people. Counting on a sports team or league to make one happy is a no win situation for both the fan and the team. Anyone knows sports has its ebbs and flows and I believe any and all sports teams go thru very bad times at some point.

Some run from that while others huddle in support and or anticipation of better times.

HfxTC

IMO, when a fan publicly states that they need to get away from the game and take up something else in order to gain personal fulfillment - it seems that they might be unhappy or unfulfilled people. Counting on a sports team or league to make one happy is a no win situation for both the fan and the team. Anyone knows sports has its ebbs and flows and I believe any and all sports teams go thru very bad times at some point.

Some run from that while others huddle in support and or anticipation of better times.
Running from it... yeah right. 
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

disciplineandpunish

Best wishes to you.  

Thanks, Johnny. Hey, it wouldn't be an authentic D&P thread without me getting targeted by someone I've never met with fewer than 10 posts to their name on this forum. :D

But in all seriousness, if anyone compares football to a marriage or parenthood, I respectfully reject the analogy. Watching a group of grown men wrestle each other for a pigskin is one thing. Being in a loving relationship and raising a child are very different from the above activity. The idea that you can infer anything about me as a father or husband by my decision to step away from watching football is ... bizarre. Let's just leave it at that. :lol:

"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

Users Online

86 Guests, 11 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
sth1988, GHT120, VICIOUSCIRCLE, schmenger, FootbalYouBet, TeddyFay, J5V, Grover, Chris_87, Google (15), Baidu

Most Online Today: 155. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)