Poll

Who should start at QB against the Redblacks?

Drew Willy
6.9%
2 (6.9%)
Jeff Matthews
55.2%
16 (55.2%)
Vernon Adams Jr
37.9%
11 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

idealsheldon

just having a little fun, no offense meant. :)
So was I in my own way I guess. It's a sensitive issue when the intent isn`t known. 
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Lucas Bellemare

C'est justement pour ça que je crois qu'Adams serait un meilleur partant vendredi. Non seulement sa mobilité peut compenser la ligne protectrice moyenne (au mieux), mais les équipes adverses ont généralement plus de difficulté à s'ajuster à des quarts mobiles à court terme. On l'a vu avec Tanner Marsh, on commence à le voir avec Strevler, des quarts mobiles et recrues qui défont les schèmes adverses, mais quelques semaines plus tard, les défenses ennemis s'adaptent et ils ont plus de difficultés. 

Je ne demande que d'avoir tort. Je n'aime pas beaucoup Adams Jr qui a gagné ses matchs en 2016 grâce à la défensive. Il n'est pas bon sur les passes, pire sur les jeux explosifs. Il reste meilleur que Willy, mais comme on pouvait s'y attendre en début d’année, le plus difficile reste à faire pour trouver un quart partant avec un minimum d'efficacité.

HfxTC

Als have already cut Kenny Hill Jr. 
Seriously how do you evaluate a QB in three days while your on the road ?
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Niagara Als

Boxcar Willy has amazing recuperative powers - especially when he feels his job (and game cheques) are threatened . . . .

But he's a laboriously sluggish performer with an above average long arm - little to no touch on his short to mid-game and a propensity to take sacks (little to no elusivity)
LBS: You are right, Willy can throw long. I believe all of the Als TDs to date came from his long throws and his touch on his shorter passes is of lesser quality. With better blocking I would believe he just might throw again some long TD passes. However his stance seems to me to be rigid, he does not move the pocket much. In watching him play I have often felt he might move up at times, perhaps even run at times when he is rushed or do some sideline run/pass attempts. I do believe a QB adept at both run and pass would benefit the Als game more. We have yet to see how Schitlz will operate this season, his one and only game performance at the end of last season was without a score. My hunch would be to give Adams or Matthews the opening plays tomorrow although Adams might be the better of these two.

okie

Als actually put in a Quarterback Draw play against the Riders where the team had 3 wideouts on each side which consisted of 4 receivers and 2 running backs in order to clear space.  Neither Drew Willy nor Jeff Mathews were able to gain anything significant however.

On offense against the Riders, it seem like there was always somebody different who missed a block that could have sustained drives.  Xavier Fulton was bad, but Philip Blake was not much better.  Botched blocking could not be blamed on just the OL as Patrick Lavoie missed one, while Geno Lewis should have done better on 3 occasions.

Apparently, the QB depth chart this week against the Redblacks will be:
1. Jeff Mathews
2. Vernon Adams Jr.
3. Matt Shiltz

FootbalYouBet

Als actually put in a Quarterback Draw play against the Riders where the team had 3 wideouts on each side which consisted of 4 receivers and 2 running backs in order to clear space.  Neither Drew Willy nor Jeff Mathews were able to gain anything significant however.

On offense against the Riders, it seem like there was always somebody different who missed a block that could have sustained drives.  Xavier Fulton was bad, but Philip Blake was not much better.  Botched blocking could not be blamed on just the OL as Patrick Lavoie missed one, while Geno Lewis should have done better on 3 occasions.

Apparently, the QB depth chart this week against the Redblacks will be:
1. Jeff Mathews
2. Vernon Adams Jr.
3. Matt Shiltz
wanna borrow duron carter :)
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

HfxTC

wanna borrow duron carter :)
Duron's next stop will be with Popp in Toronto.

Niagara Als

just having a little fun, no offense meant. :)
How about telling us what is the language you used. I found a couple of these responding to one of my posts last year.

FootbalYouBet

How about telling us what is the language you used. I found a couple of these responding to one of my posts last year.
I forget, but I think it is greek

Users Online

61 Guests, 4 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rshmglsky, PatLynch, Garney 26, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)