Poll

Who should start at QB against the Redblacks?

Drew Willy
6.9%
2 (6.9%)
Jeff Matthews
55.2%
16 (55.2%)
Vernon Adams Jr
37.9%
11 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Johnny Ticat slayer

Assuming Drew Willy is healthy for the next game, who should start at quarterback against the Redblacks?

Vote early and vote often!  :P
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

Johnny voted for Jeff Matthews. Matthews has a much stronger arm than Willy, and can connect on long and intermediate passes. 

We know who Willy is. Let's give Matthews a chance. 

Lucas Bellemare

Choix difficile. D'un côté Matthews a tenu le fort et est un prospect pouvant être développé pour devenir meilleur. De l'autre, Adams Jr semble plus mobile et physique, en plus d'avoir déjà une relative expérience par rapport à Matthews, mais ne pourra probablement pas assimiler le livre de jeu d'ici vendredi. Je doute que le quart puisse fondamentalement changer l'issue du match contre Ottawa, mais je vais quand même dire Adams Jr, ne serait-ce que pour sa meilleure mobilité (aspect crucial à la vue de la ligne protectrice chancelante). Dans les deux cas nous serons en meilleure posture qu'avec Willy.

mike2579

Stadium raffle 
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

GHT120

Matthews, on a short-ish leash, with some change of pace plays pre-planned for Adams ... Hill too if Willy is out.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

GHT120

No surprise ... the official story, for now at least, from Mike Sherman and the Als is:
"I believe it was a neck and shoulder injury"

jkm

Assuming Drew Willy is healthy for the next game, who should start at quarterback against the Redblacks?

Vote early and vote often!  :P
Not exactly an embarrassment of riches, is it?

As I understand it, Wee Willy Winkie is going through the concussion protocol; no way of knowing if he will be ready.  If he is, and there are no apparent setbacks, I would at least start him.  He did get in a couple of good downfield passes.  Had the receivers been able to hang on to other good throws, we might have run up the score a little better.

That said, this looks like another (long sigh!) season where the Als have to experiment to see who can lead this team.  I don't think it's Winkie nor the other two for that matter, but they're wearing an Als' uni, so they should at least be given a shot.

Not a ringing endorsement, but the state of things in Als-land for the last five years has caused me to "Curb my Enthusiasm".

idealsheldon

If Shiltz is ready that`s the guy I'd like to see. If not then Matthews deserves the start. We know Matthews is smart, he has a decent arm, but I remember the issue with him has been inaccuracy. Kind of like Alex Brink.

However if we don`t fix the o-line we will be down to Fugate in no time.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

tony

Matthews to start, Adams #2.

Willy, you can sit this one. Take all the time you need.

AlsPal

Yes,  please Willy, think of your health. 

Take all season if you must. 

Lyle B. Style

Boxcar Willy has amazing recuperative powers - especially when he feels his job (and game cheques) are threatened . . . .

But he's a laboriously sluggish performer with an above average long arm - little to no touch on his short to mid-game and a propensity to take sacks (little to no elusivity)
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

JTea

I think you're exactly right toney. Matthews should get the node, and I wouldn't be shocked if Adams took a snap, or two... or three or four. Just watched the game again, and considering how many reps Matthews has received in practice, I thought he handled himself well. He managed the game well. Our coaches kept it simple for me, but he still made decent reads and got rid of the ball. He sees the field, and he knows when to throw the ball away, which was huge in defensive battle we were in.

Defense and special teams were much improved over last week, we do want to see improvement, right?.  I saw a little bit.Mike Sherman got his first win in game three. He inherited the losing streak, the sparse crowds, a city down on their CFL franchise. They didn't make the mess, but they are being paid... and taxed, to turn things around. 

Two bad teams played an entertaining football game.  Guess what ?, we won one. We're not the worst team in the league.  Last week we were... Thats progress... I'm just saying, the glass isn't empty.

tony

Someone please show Sherman how to get the headset off without having to lift his shirt as long as he had.

That will be progress  ;)

ArgoT

Someone please show Shermanhow to get the headset off without having to lift his shirt as long as he had.

Yes I saw that, it was comical.

tony

Someone please show Shermanhow to get the headset off without having to lift his shirt as long as he had.

Yes I saw that, it was comical.
Brought a tear to my eye.

Users Online

62 Guests, 4 Users (14 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PatLynch, rshmglsky, Garney 26, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)