GHT120

Very mouving article and you can only feel for Jonathan and hope he recovers enough to pursue his dream of coaching.We noticed a player on the sidelines at that game and were wondering who it was,now we know.
Maybe the players instead for mucking around the anthem and what is happening down south could get together for players victims of the worst of circumstances.
Excellent idea.Take care of your own.
Totally agree that CFLPA and NFLPA must do so much better in both supporting injured players and protecting them on the field ... but there is no reason that they cannot also advocate for racial equality
The funny thing, this isn't about racial inequality or police brutality, because if it was they would have done it when Kaepernick started his protest. They let him sink by himself and over a year later, the day after The President says players who do that should be fired. That's when they all started kneeling.

They are hypocrites and realized real fast that Americans would not support or buy that bullshiat, they were all standing this week and the opposition gave up that battle horse real quick.  Goddell went really quiet when it came out they were charging the vets to honor them and politicians started talking about their exemption :)The only ones peddling that idea are progressives and Trump haters even they saw this was not the field they wanted to die on.

Trump had to fight city hall to fly his flag on his property in Florida, he's always been
Disagree.  Other players saw how Colin was treated by media and knowing how conservative/straight-laced/bland the NFL is they didn't have the guts to step up.

But seeing CK not even get a TC invite - , watching continued incidents of racism and a President that lacked the courage or interest/belief to address it (neither being good but one being pathetic and the other downright scary) more took action.  With Trump's tone-deaf/knee-jerk response it expanded.  The NFL and its owners have then co-opted the message to try to assuage their fans, the majority don't look beyond the superficial interpretations shared by DT.  And despite what The Donald thinks, not everything is about the President; dislike like of him is not the flame that lit the fire, but he does throw gasoline on it.

But I doubt I will change your mind or you mine, so it is a topic best left to political fora ... not sports pages.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

See that's the issue... Every time a touchy topic comes up, either one side walks away or they cry racism. Me and you can have a civil conversation. Some of these police shootings have been absolutely brutal and it is a conversation that people should have. But to move the post people have to be able to discuss in a civil manner.

More people of color are shot by police officers of colors than white officers, Police brutality isn't a race issue, it is a corrutption issue and using it for division politics just allows the issue to go on because people don't want to touch it.

Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

GHT120

See that's the issue... Every time a touchy topic comes up, either one side walks away or they cry racism. Me and you can have a civil conversation. Some of these police shootings have been absolutely brutal and it is a conversation that people should have. But to move the post people have to be able to discuss in a civil manner.

More people of color are shot by police officers of colors than white officers, Police brutality isn't a race issue, it is a corrutption issue and using it for division politics just allows the issue to go on because people don't want to touch it.
You and I can ... but I fear it will not stay "between us".

I've heard the "more than" stat before, but not certain where it comes from. 

Regardless of who pulls the trigger, various incidents incited the "black communities" as the victims are overwhelmingly black and there were several in which there was no seeming reason for the trigger to have been pulled.  The push-back (e.g., Black Lives matter) was (IMO) against the way that blacks are treated by "The Man" and not specifically that whites are killing blacks.  But then further events (e.g., Charlottesville) evoked "traditional" racism and The President's reactions were, even if one believes it was not the intent, easily perceived as supporting the white supremacists and blaming the black protesters.  Further complicating matters is the anarchists, and general shyte disturbers, that will join any cause to just cause chaos.  But even it all the violence could be attributed to that type of source, I have no issue condemning the side that says others are inferior and supporting the side that denies such beliefs. 

The tone of the complaints against players taking a stand (pun intended) reminds me sooooo much of the attitudes reflected in All In The Family regarding the Vietnam War, and maybe even reactions as far back as Eugene McCarthy's .  Today, too many only want to believe/accept that which supports their preconceived beliefs.  That is also reflected in the them versus attitude in politics that is the obstacle to cooperation and finding "centrist", bipartisan solutions; rarely does the extreme of either US party have the best solution.

HfxTC

Wow! awesome post.... Do not disagree with a word you said.

GHT120

Wow! awesome post.... Do not disagree with a word you said.
Merci

idealsheldon

Jonathan Hefney has set up a surgery fund.

https://www.gofundme.com/4ik88e0

Generous donation by the classy Andrew Hawkins.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

LeStaf

Jonathan Hefney has set up a surgery fund.

https://www.gofundme.com/4ik88e0

Generous donation by the classy Andrew Hawkins.
J'avais parlé de la situation de Henfney à Anthony Calvillo à Toronto et lui avait demandé si une campagne de levée de fonds avait été organisée. Il n'était pas certain, mais voici sa réponse.

Il trouvait injuste que la couverture médicale des joueurs blessés ne durait qu'un an.

Si chaque joueur de la LCF donnait 100$, plus de la moitié du chemin serait fait pour Hefney.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Johnny Ticat slayer

Brandon Bridge Saskatchewan

69.8% completion percentage. 9TDs, 1 int. 129.8 rating

SJ Green Toronto

2nd in the CFL with 1178 receiving yards. Having his best season ever.

Bear Woods Toronto

5th in the CFL with 79 tackles

ED Gainey Saskatchewan

1st in the CFL with 8 interceptions

Martese Jackson Toronto

2nd in the CFL with 743 kick return yards with 2 TDs.

On behalf of Toronto and Saskatchewan, thank you Jim Popp and Kavis Reed...
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Users Online

111 Guests, 14 Users (18 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
tony, The Last Word, vjcos, bobo82, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, KevinRiley2, bowl450, Taleback, habcat, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)