idealsheldon

Campbell only arrived Wed. and didn`t practice. Also had been on the Sask. 6- game, so wasn`t practicing with them either. (Although you never know with Chris Jones.)

I don`t think it would be fair to him to throw him into the fire so quickly, and there is no real sense of urgency in the defensive backfield at this point.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

tony

On the point of reducing national starters, I couldn't agree more! Injuries to Canadians make the game unwatchable. And let's not bring up Calgary, which is one team and an elite team at that. The vast majority of the time, when starting Canadians are injured, a team has to field scrubs just to maintain the ratio. It's ridiculous. I don't want guys who've been out of the game for a year or who were C-listers at best starting because we have to dress seven Canadians. Drop the number to six per team and we're good. This problem has been on full display since Ottawa came back into the league and it won't go away unless the ratio reflects the ACTUAL number of talented and available Canadian starters, not what we wish for in our heads.

If I have to watch some Canadian has-been pretending to be a receiver for a third of a season just to maintain a team's ratio, I'm going to lose my mind.
I totally agree. Of course, the Canadians should have a chance in the CFl however, as far as I know, a number of Canadian graduates every year prefer to sign with the NFL for obvious reasons (mostly $) and who can blame them. This situation means a depletion of the CFL talent pool which isn't numerous to start with. I believe seven national players per team is too much since it does affect the performance of any team at any time. I'm not an expert concerning the talent pool available therefore I can't honestly say if the number should be six or five.

Calgary spent four years grooming Cornish behind Reynolds. They had the guts to start Singleton right out of the gate.They developed a Canadian QB into a star receiver. That's why Huffnagel and Buono are in a class apart.
Bingo! 

tony

On the point of reducing national starters, I couldn't agree more! Injuries to Canadians make the game unwatchable. And let's not bring up Calgary, which is one team and an elite team at that. The vast majority of the time, when starting Canadians are injured, a team has to field scrubs just to maintain the ratio. It's ridiculous. I don't want guys who've been out of the game for a year or who were C-listers at best starting because we have to dress seven Canadians. Drop the number to six per team and we're good. This problem has been on full display since Ottawa came back into the league and it won't go away unless the ratio reflects the ACTUAL number of talented and available Canadian starters, not what we wish for in our heads.

If I have to watch some Canadian has-been pretending to be a receiver for a third of a season just to maintain a team's ratio, I'm going to lose my mind.
I totally agree. Of course, the Canadians should have a chance in the CFl however, as far as I know, a number of Canadian graduates every year prefer to sign with the NFL for obvious reasons (mostly $) and who can blame them. This situation means a depletion of the CFL talent pool which isn't numerous to start with. I believe seven national players per team is too much since it does affect the performance of any team at any time. I'm not an expert concerning the talent pool available therefore I can't honestly say if the number should be six or five.
Players get to become starters by taking reps and playing. Some teams do well with their Canadians because they play them... At one point with one third the prospects there are today, there were 12 starters. We rolled it back to seven and now we want to roll it back again. That's no solution. The Solution would be to field X Americans on special teams. You have to start as many American on cover teams as you start on Offense and as many Americans on kicking teams as you do on defense.  That  would change the landscape.

Calgary spent four years grooming Cornish behind Reynolds. They had the guts to start Singleton right out of the gate.They developed a Canadian QB into a star receiver. That's why Huffnagel and Buono are in a class apart.
Seems as though "mediocrity" has become the norm with the Als organization rather than the exception. 

LeStaf

Si quelqu'un voyait un partant en Adams, pour ma part, je trouve qu'il en était assez loin malgré ses "succès".  Considérant la situation découlant des blessures, je comprends que cet échange a pu devenir nécessaire.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

HfxTC

Si quelqu'un voyait un partant en Adams, pour ma part, je trouve qu'il en était assez loin malgré ses "succès".  Considérant la situation découlant des blessures, je comprends que cet échange a pu devenir nécessaire.
Fans like you are why this team will never develop a Quarterback. The Flight back must have been a joy hey ?!
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Si quelqu'un voyait un partant en Adams, pour ma part, je trouve qu'il en était assez loin malgré ses "succès".  Considérant la situation découlant des blessures, je comprends que cet échange a pu devenir nécessaire.
Fans like you are why this team will never develop a Quarterback. The Flight back must have been a joy hey ?!
HfxTC, so you're an Eskimos fan now?!   :)
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

Yes Sir. Been pondering things for a year or a little more. The way Reed treated Woods and SJ was a dagger to everything I believe a football team should be. I know Adams had shortcomings at this stage but so did Allen when he came into the league. Cato had the best arm I've seen in the CFL in decades. Tossing Adams out for a third rounder when Tillman wraps a second round pick for a 34 year old Chick was the last nail in my Alouettes fan coffin. Been a fan since I was just out of diappers but I will not support a team that has no respect for its players or fans. I find that I think a lot like Eskimo fans so that's what I chose to do. Not going to waste another dime or minute on a a team that does not represent fan or city's values one bit. And for those that want to drink the Koolaid like Richard and LeStaf. I respect your choice and have no interest in polluting your enjoyment of this forum.

So good luck to you all. It has been a fun ride. 12 Years and 35 000 comments. Nice to leave the place busier than it was 12 years ago.

CAO

Johnny Ticat slayer

Yes Sir. Been pondering things for a year or a little more. The way Reed treated Woods and SJ was a dagger to everything I believe a football team should be. I know Adams had shortcomings at this stage but so did Allen when he came into the league. Cato had the best arm I've seen in the CFL in decades. Tossing Adams out for a third rounder when Tillman wraps a second round pick for a 34 year old Chick was the last nail in my Alouettes fan coffin. Been a fan since I was just out of diappers but I will not support a team that has no respect for its players or fans. I find that I think a lot like Eskimo fans so that's what I chose to do. Not going to waste another dime or minute on a a team that does not represent fan or city's values one bit. And for those that want to drink the Koolaid like Richard and LeStaf. I respect your choice and have no interest in polluting your enjoyment of this forum.

So good luck to you all. It has been a fun ride. 12 Years and 35 000 comments. Nice to leave the place busier than it was 12 years ago.

CAO

Don't be a stranger! And consider changing your name to HfxTC Alouettes slayer!   :)

Johnny could never change teams, but he is certainly losing interest in the Alouettes. Difficult seasons are acceptable, if a team has a solid plan and is rebuilding solidly. 

This team is just throwing anything and everything against a target, and hoping something sticks! Johnny does not see much to be positive about for the future. 

HfxTC

CAO

Don't be a stranger! And consider changing your name to HfxTC Alouettes slayer!   :)

Johnny could never change teams, but he is certainly losing interest in the Alouettes. Difficult seasons are acceptable, if a team has a solid plan and is rebuilding solidly.

This team is just throwing anything and everything against a target, and hoping something sticks! Johnny does not see much to be positive about for the future.
TC will always have time for the immortal Johnny! But TC can smell the BS coming from the basement of the BigO all the way to Halifax...

tony

HfxTC - While watching the Als implode last season I was happy to see the RB do well and win the GC. Heck they did it three seasons in. The Als haven't been able to get to the dance since 2010.
Make the playoffs in the past two seasons.

I still keep an eye on the RB but now also find myself with interest in the Argos.

In any case, I was no fan of the Als hiring Reed and Chaps. And as we approach the midway point, Als find themselves 1 point ahead of the RB.
They may manage to squeak in given how the east has been so far. Reality is, one of the western teams will cross over so only two from the east.

My question is, will Wettenhal keep Reed and Chaps? If yes, for the remainder of this season, next and beyond?!
When no one else would hire Reed and Wettenhal gives him the key to the team, signing an aging QB coming off major surgery for $400k and seeing him throw for under 100 yards.
Like you (and others) tough to continue watching and cheering.

Maybe it is time for Wettenhal to sell. Get some new blood from the top. Couldn't hurt.

Will look to read you on the Esks board as well as CFL topics.

HfxTC

HfxTC - While watching the Als implode last season I was happy to see the RB do well and win the GC. Heck they did it three seasons in. The Als haven't ben able to get to the dance since 2010.

I still keep an eye on the RB but now also find myself with interest in the Argos.

In any case, I was no fan of the Als hiring Reed and Chaps. And as we approach the midway point, Als find themselves 1 point ahead of the RB.
They may manage to squeak in given how the east has been so far. Reality is, one of the western teams will cross over so only two from the east.

My question is, will Wettenhal keep Reed and Chaps? If yes, for the remainder of this season, next and beyond?!
When no one else would hire Reed and Wettenhal gives him the key to the team, signing an aging QB coming off major surgery for $400k and seeing him throw for under 100 yards.

Maybe it is time for Wettenhal to sell. Get some new blood from the top. Couldn't hurt.

Thanks Big T. You will be able to find me at esksfans. I too am enjoying the Argos renaissance as well, too bad that city has no time for them. You are correct two teams will make the post season in the East and I've watched most games and Ottawa is a better team than Montreal... So it will likely come down to the remaining games between Montreal and Ottawa and has its been most years. I think Ottawa will crush the Als. I really don't see this team making the post season this year and next year will be even worse. They too out my gallblader this year before it took out my liver so I've been in a renaissance mode. No time to waste 3 to 5 years on the Wetenhal's while they end Pro Ball in Montreal.

HfxTC

tony

Ahhh  The Kissing Bandit. Everyone all smiles right now in ArgoLand. Every reason to be.

tony

HfxTC - While watching the Als implode last season I was happy to see the RB do well and win the GC. Heck they did it three seasons in. The Als haven't ben able to get to the dance since 2010.

Thanks Big T. You will be able to find me at esksfans. I too am enjoying the Argos renaissance as well, too bad that city has no time for them. You are correct two teams will make the post season in the East and I've watched most games and Ottawa is a better team than Montreal... So it will likely come down to the remaining games between Montreal and Ottawa and has its been most years. I think Ottawa will crush the Als. I really don't see this team making the post season this year and next year will be even worse. They too out my gallblader this year before it took out my liver so I've been in a renaissance mode. No time to waste 3 to 5 years on the Wetenhal's while they end Pro Ball in Montreal.
On a health note, trust you are doing well.
Seems like a few regulars on this site have or are having some health issues of late.
Despite the Als and the frustrations, health and family are what's most important.

GHT120

Fans not thinking that Adams, and maybe Cato, were not #1 QB material is why the team will not develop a QB?
Up to this year the major reason, IMO, was that Popp did not bring in QBs with starter potential.  But no doubt that it is now totally on Reed's shoulders to do what JP didn't and find a couple.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Users Online

168 Guests, 14 Users (20 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
danoc_86, Mightygoose, bobo82, rpaege, bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, Google (20)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)