idealsheldon

#AlsMTL‏Verified account
@MTLAlouettes
3m3 minutes ago
More

The #AlsMTL acquired defensive back Tevaughn Campbell in exchange for quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. http://ow.ly/a7oN30equ3t
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Grover

Sorry Sheldon, I tried to delete my post but this stupid new format won't let me delete it. :-[
Hey it's gone now, maybe sully spotted it.

Popp gave up a lot to get Adams, not sure if that return is adequate

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

idealsheldon

#AlsMTL‏Verified account
@MTLAlouettes

3m3 minutes ago
More

The #AlsMTL acquired defensive back Tevaughn Campbell in exchange for quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. http://ow.ly/a7oN30equ3t
Sorry Sheldon, I tried to delete my post but this stupid new format won't let me delete it. :-[
No problem Grover. Your fingers are usually must faster than mine, I feel good that I beat you for once. :) 

Now have to think if I feel good about the trade.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Johnny just has to log on for this. Cause he called it way back in October 2016! :)

http://forums.cfl.ca/index.php/topic,102703.0.html

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

tony

So I now ask, Cato gone. Adams gone. Does Reed believe that Durant and Willy will hold down the position and bring the Als to the promised land for years to come?!

idealsheldon

Johnny just has to log on for this. Cause he called it way back in October 2016! :)

http://forums.cfl.ca/index.php/topic,102703.0.html
Good call Johnny. My issue with Adams was slowness in reading defenses.

idealsheldon

So I now ask, Cato gone. Adams gone. Does Reed believe that Durant and Willy will hold down the position and bring the Als to the promised land for years to come?!
Maybe not Tony, but it didn`t seem that Cato or Adams would have been the answer. Shiltz and Pipkin are 2 young QBs still around and we will know down the road if they have potential. 

RichardVeilleux

I can't say that I am overly surprised. When the Head Coach is not confident in the QB in short yardage, you kind of think that the end is coming. They won't keep a third string QB earning $100,000 to $105,000, particularly since Durant is signed for 2018 and 2019 and you have Drew Willy.

Easy to understand will the injuries to the Nat. players,although Campbell has not shown too much since he was drafted in 3rd round by Calgary,in 2015. He was let go and signed with Sask. in 2016. In 2017, has been on  Sask. 6 game injured list. Has not played.

At least the Als receive two 3rd round choices,i.e. 1 in 2018 and 1 in 2019.

Richard

tony

Maybe not Tony, but it didn`t seem that Cato or Adams would have been the answer. Shiltz and Pipkin are 2 young QBs still around and we will know down the road if they have potential.
If they do not get shuffled out of town before hand.  ;)

okie

RIDER QB'S

Kevin Glenn - was on the Als opening day starter in 2016.  He didn't win enough games and fans wanted the team to go a different direction.

Brandon Bridge - Started 2016 as the Als 3rd string QB.  Released by Jim Popp after he refused a pay cut as well as being classified as being a project.

Marquise Williams - Was on the Als neg list in 2016.  Kavis Reed dropped him when he took over GM duties.

Vernon Adams - Started as the 4th string QB for the Als in 2016.  Rumor is he can't read defenses.  His passing  ability is marginal, and his size is not ideal for a short yardage QB.  Poor pre-season numbers did not help his case.

tony

Riders are 3-4 now with Glenn at the helm. Costing Riders a base salary of $200k (could possibly make upwards of another $100k which is at least $100k less than Durant.).

And if you are into stats, Glenn is slightly ahead in most, tied in INT's with Durant. Has thrown 4 more TD's than Durant.

GHT120

Agreed.  Cato not being invited to ANYBODY's camp, in a league always desperate for young QBs with talent, is a pretty powerful statement.  That Adams didn't pan out is hardly a shock.  Who was the last successful CFL QB that Popp brought into the league?  Not certain how any of  Daniel Vandervoort, Connor McGough, Nathaniel Behar, Randy Colling, Junior Luke, Geoff Gray, Evan Johnson, Mason Woods or Dariusz Bladek (players picked with Als 1st before Als "1st") are doing but with players falling like flies another young, talented National would be valuable.  

The Als do have to make young QBs a priority.  Durant is not durable and Willy is at best Kevin Glenn.  Hopefully the Holy Shiltz moment from pre-season portends well.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Pocho

I also believe it was a good short term move however, the not so distant future is still not assured. Let's hope Durant avoid injuries for the time being. The long term solution at quarterback hasn't still be solved. IMHO, At least Durant (if nothing serious puts him on the sideline) should be adequate.

tony

Some positive vibes on the trade:

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/15/why-the-alouettes-traded-vernon-adams/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JustinDunk3downnation+%283+Down+Nation-Justin+Dunk+%29
One of the posters asked " Who told Adams that he would never start?". I do not recall hearing or reading that. But probably missed something along the way.
Guess as someone else mentioned, the writing was on the wall when Will was brought in.
I just hope Durant stays healthy as I do not foresee Will bringing the team to the promised land if he goes down. 

Users Online

67 Guests, 3 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
GOTC1, KevinRiley2, bohdon, Google (10), Baidu

Most Online Today: 113. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)