idealsheldon

This story from the usually reliable Lowell Ulrich has Kirby Fabien being signed.

Olafioye was no longer part of the mix when the Als acquitted Canadian lineman Ryan Bomben before the draft. Reed said his club is still in the process of making moves up front. Word is Bomben will be paired this week with former Lions non-import lineman Kirby Fabien.

http://3downnation.com/2018/05/21/hervey-lb-economics-factored-bighill/

Certainly has to be better than Jamieson at RG. Forgot to mention this yesterday in my recap, but he has such skinny arms for an o-lineman. As if he never spends time in the weight room.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

okie

Maybe that is why in a video Didier Orméjuste posted, Ryan Bomben was at RG.  Sean Jamieson was at LG.  On that play I noticed the Als used 3 DL in Woody Baron, Alan-Micheal Cash, and Jammal Westerman.  I think Henoc Muamba, Anthony Sarao, Branden Dozier and Jermaine Robinson were the linebackers.

Didier Orméjuste also said that is his personal QB Depth Chart after 2 days of Training Camp.

QB1A Willy
QB1B Shiltz
QB3 Pipkin
QB4 Fugate
QB5 Freeman

Lucas Bellemare

Commencer la saison avec Willy serait déjà un aveu d'échec, même s'il a de meilleures prestations au camp d'entraînement. Ce serait synonyme de patchage sans régler le fond du problème. Je suis d'accord pour dire qu'il faut être patient et laisser le système se développer, mais pour ça, il faut laisser un jeune (ici Schiltz ou Fugate) acquérir de l'expérience par le terrain (c'est vrai qu'envoyer Schiltz à BC serait suicidaire mais bon vous comprenez...)

Sinon Éric Leblanc sur RDS semble apprécier la structure et l'organisation du général Sherman. Il donne l'impression de vouloir être proche de ses joueurs et les séquences d'entraînement semblent être disciplinées, de l’aveu de joueurs et de commentaires de spectateurs.

tony

Last Thursday on Page 2 The Gazette printed a retraction on Herb`s Carter/Campbell fight story. It started off "due to a reporting error". The original text of the story also disappeared from the website.

When a newspaper does this it is often because they are threatened with a lawsuit.  

Herb claimed he had 2 sources for the story, which obviously calls into question his credibility.
And Herb’s column today, he writes that Campbell signed with the Als to be reunited with Carter.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-training-camp-tommie-campbell-came-to-montreal-to-win

jkm

What do you think?  Has he learned valuable lessons?  Part of me thinks he is just using this a stepping-stone to get back to the NFL.  On the other hand, he may be good for the CFL.  Or....

https://youtu.be/59APWbOtauA

okie

Team adds another player who participated in Your Call.  This time, former Al Khalid Wooten is added to the roster.  Wooten was traded last off-season in a multi-player deal to Hamilton.

HfxTC

The very respectee Lorell Ullrich is reporting the Als have a deal in place with Kirby Fabien. Are the Als looking to trade one of their offensive linesman? Will LBJ be cut ?
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

everyman

Oooh...Fabien was not a great O-line guy by ANY stretch in BC. A sieve almost.

On another note- someone was mentioning here that they would love to see Willy be more fiery.

I'm not comparing the two in any other way but if you were around the media and fan base in Edmonton in the mid 2000s you would have heard this exact complaint about Ricky Ray as well. And he got more "lethargic" as the years went on, almost bored looking. Drove some of us nuts. In Toronto he got a little more lively under Milanovich. He credits Milanovich as reviving his game. His lack of obvious fire is now seen as stoic leadership.

TBH Willy's throwing motion and soft velocity was always reminiscent of Ray to me. But I see Willy as being a bit gunshy.

HfxTC

Oooh...Fabien was not a great O-line guy by ANY stretch in BC. A sieve almost.

On another note- someone was mentioning here that they would love to see Willy be more fiery.

I'm not comparing the two in any other way but if you were around the media and fan base in Edmonton in the mid 2000s you would have heard this exact complaint about Ricky Ray as well. And he got more "lethargic" as the years went on, almost bored looking. Drove some of us nuts. In Toronto he got a little more lively under Milanovich. He credits Milanovich as reviving his game. His lack of obvious fire is now seen as stoic leadership.

TBH Willy's throwing motion and soft velocity was always reminiscent of Ray to me. But I see Willy as being a bit gunshy.
You got to like what Hervey has done with BC's lines. Fabien seemed off to a great start to his career but never seen quite the same after his injury.

GHT120

What do you think?  Has he learned valuable lessons?  Part of me thinks he is just using this a stepping-stone to get back to the NFL.  On the other hand, he may be good for the CFL.  Or....

Seems off-topic to raise Manziel.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

GHT120

Last Thursday on Page 2 The Gazette printed a retraction on Herb`s Carter/Campbell fight story. It started off "due to a reporting error". The original text of the story also disappeared from the website.

When a newspaper does this it is often because they are threatened with a lawsuit.  

Herb claimed he had 2 sources for the story, which obviously calls into question his credibility.
Something you don't see often .... Herb and the word "credibility" in the same sentence ... unless the words "lack of" are also included.

jkm

What do you think?  Has he learned valuable lessons?  Part of me thinks he is just using this a stepping-stone to get back to the NFL.  On the other hand, he may be good for the CFL.  Or....

Seems off-topic to raise Manziel.
True enough.  But whatever happens, he may just well be in other discussions on this forum

idealsheldon

Our friend Herb - can`t live with him, can`t live without him - posted a short video on the Gazette website on Day 3.

- Bomben didn`t practice because of a knuckle injury.

- Joe Burnett has a scalp issue, the reason he hasn`t been able to put on his helmet.

- Andrew and Boivin were visitors.

Edit: His story is online now with the news in his Notes.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-rookie-woody-baron-making-favourable-impression-with-coaches

RichardVeilleux

I know that news are positive in each CFL training camp, but if we can have a QB that plays well, the 2018 season should be much better than in 2017 in terms of victories. There's top talent in camp. Defence should be great. I expect that 10 Int. players will start on defence,i.e. 3 DL. 2 LB's and 5 DB's. Quite a contrast with 2017,particularly on line and defensive backfield. Presently, on my projected 46 players roster, I have 4 Int. players on defensive line, i.e.Bowman, Baron, Cash and Okoye.

Offensively and excluding the QB, I expect that  6 Int. players will start, i.e. 1 OL,4 WR's-Cunningham,Jackson,Lewis and Williams- and 1 RB.

Presently, I expect Drew Willy to be named starter and Shiltz not far behind. I don't see Freeman in Montreal for too long,unless he improves tremendously in the next days/week.

Richard

HfxTC

I know that news are positive in each CFL training camp, but if we can have a QB that plays well, the 2018 season should be much better than in 2017 in terms of victories. There's top talent in camp. Defence should be great. I expect that 10 Int. players will start on defence,i.e. 3 DL. 2 LB's and 5 DB's. Quite a contrast with 2017,particularly on line and defensive backfield. Presently, on my projected 46 players roster, I have 4 Int. players on defensive line, i.e.Bowman, Baron, Cash and Okoye.

Offensively and excluding the QB, I expect that  6 Int. players will start, i.e. 1 OL,4 WR's-Cunningham,Jackson,Lewis and Williams- and 1 RB.

Presently, I expect Drew Willy to be named starter and Shiltz not far behind. I don't see Freeman in Montreal for too long,unless he improves tremendously in the next days/week.

Richard
You cutting the Westerman Brothers or you turning them into backups ?

Users Online

45 Guests, 0 Users (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (2), Baidu (2), Alexa

Most Online Today: 121. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)