okie

Didier Orméjuste confirmed the OL for today was: 

Xavier Fulton at LT
Ryan Bomben at LG
Kristian Matte at C
Sean Jamieson at RG
Philip Blake at RT

He also added Drew Willy was the 1st team QB for Day 1.

RichardVeilleux

On RDS, Eric Leblancc writes that Josh Freeman did not look good. "Freeman n'a pas bien paru". He was positive for Matthew Shiltz and Drew Willy.

Freeman's experience may not last too long,unless he improves quite a bit. He also did not impress at the mini-camp.

Richard

G Man

Freeman had "former-NFL that doesn't make through camp" feel to him from day 1, not in the least surprised.. I really don't know why we keep doing this all the time. Cut him early, give others guys more reps.

Seems they Willy is the vet waiting to get his job taken away as soon as Shiltz can earn it away from him. Hopefully that's the case before the end of camp.

idealsheldon

Didier is obviously correct on the o-line.

Second team was L to R Morris, Annen, LBJ, Rutherford, Tucker.

Depth chart handed out had Morris, Bomben, LBJ, Blake, Tucker.

I didn`t think Freeman appeared as bad as Eric Leblanc wrote, but Willy seemed the best of the QBs. Looked really confident. If only he was a little more fiery. If there`s an intra-squad game next weekend it will give a better picture of the QBs.

And to Freeman`s credit he stayed about 20 minutes after practice ended throwing to Eugene Lewis.

Some surprises on the defensive depth chart. It was Henderson at the field corner with White inside at field halfback and that`s how they practiced.

Joe Burnett was listed as starting safety, but although he was in uniform he had no helmet and didn`t participate in drills. Yet at one point he did like 50 push ups, so he can`t be that badly injured. Perhaps didn`t pass his physical for some reason.

So it was Dozier, 2nd on the depth chart, at safety.

Campbell was at boundary corner. At boundary half the only player listed was Tyquwan Glass but it was mainly Ellis and Jermaine Robinson who appeared to be practicing there.

Ellis was listed as the starting SAM and again alternated there with Robinson.

WILL on the depth chart had Sarao, Knox, Ackie, Lalama, and the first 3 seemed to be alternating.

I`ll go out on a limb and say one player who might surprise is Ryder Stone. Not very tall but has a burst. Could help preserve Sutton.

As for the coaches, Stubler seemed very involved, correcting players during drills. And Jason Tucker had his receivers doing some creative drills.

I asked the very personable Miles Gorrell about the Supplemental Draft. He said there was one Friday, but no one was selected by any team. The Tyler Johnstone one will be in July. He of course wasn`t going to give me the scoop - I guess the $5 I offered him wasn`t enough - but said "He`s an interesting guy, we`ll have to see."  

As for Kavis and Olafioye, it`s as if he`s running a Ponzi scheme. Needed money for Muamba, took it from Olafioye.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

GHT120

WHAT?? They cut JO on training camp start? How or why is that even possible? After Woods last year?

After giving up a #1? They cut him now?? I don't get it at all. Maybe after TC. But...

I just have no idea what the thinking is here. Been a follower of the league for years and have never seen this kind of stuff before. Has the HC even seen or watched tapes of him play?
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/improvisation

Now, which high profile player will be cut tomorrow morning at 5 am?   :P
Probably Chris Williams
Stephan Logan ...... should have been let go at the end of last season
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

GHT120

... The supplemental was supposed to be held friday evening, we've heard nothing. This league can be infuriating.
On RDS Reed said the urgent moves were made and he thought /hoped we would see other moves later this week ... said it like there was "good/big" news coming??

RichardVeilleux

Thanks for the information,Sheldon. Much appreciated.

Richard

HfxTC

WHAT?? They cut JO on training camp start? How or why is that even possible? After Woods last year?

After giving up a #1? They cut him now?? I don't get it at all. Maybe after TC. But...

I just have no idea what the thinking is here. Been a follower of the league for years and have never seen this kind of stuff before. Has the HC even seen or watched tapes of him play?
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/improvisation

Now, which high profile player will be cut tomorrow morning at 5 am?   :P
Probably Chris Williams
Stephan Logan ...... should have been let go at the end of last season
Was Chris Williams at camp. He hasn't been seen or heard since the Als traded for him. NOT one word.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

RichardVeilleux

Yes, Chris Williams was in camp. Interviewed on Als site, B.J. Cunningham said that Ernest Jackson and Chris Williams are in good shape/form.He also mentioned Eugene Lewis.

Richard

HfxTC

Yes, Chris Williams was in camp. Interviewed on Als site, B.J. Cunningham said that Ernest Jackson and Chris Williams are in good shape/form.He also mentioned Eugene Lewis.

Richard
Very good, I wasn't sure he'd show up.

Niagara Als

There is always a hidden surprise withbMr. Kavis Reed. You got  to know Jovan got some money during the off season too. Unless Reed plans to use that money to pay for Johnstone in the supplemental, this is a head scratcher and another trade in a growing list that was poorly planned out. Unless this team finds lightning in a bottle. Reed will be tossed out by the end of August.
Very surprised with Jovan being cut, especially the timing of this.

Niagara Als

Didier is obviously correct on the o-line.

Second team was L to R Morris, Annen, LBJ, Rutherford, Tucker.

Depth chart handed out had Morris, Bomben, LBJ, Blake, Tucker.

I didn`t think Freeman appeared as bad as Eric Leblanc wrote, but Willy seemed the best of the QBs. Looked really confident. If only he was a little more fiery. If there`s an intra-squad game next weekend it will give a better picture of the QBs.

And to Freeman`s credit he stayed about 20 minutes after practice ended throwing to Eugene Lewis.

Some surprises on the defensive depth chart. It was Henderson at the field corner with White inside at field halfback and that`s how they practiced.

Joe Burnett was listed as starting safety, but although he was in uniform he had no helmet and didn`t participate in drills. Yet at one point he did like 50 push ups, so he can`t be that badly injured. Perhaps didn`t pass his physical for some reason.

So it was Dozier, 2nd on the depth chart, at safety.

Campbell was at boundary corner. At boundary half the only player listed was Tyquwan Glass but it was mainly Ellis and Jermaine Robinson who appeared to be practicing there.

Ellis was listed as the starting SAM and again alternated there with Robinson.

WILL on the depth chart had Sarao, Knox, Ackie, Lalama, and the first 3 seemed to be alternating.

I`ll go out on a limb and say one player who might surprise is Ryder Stone. Not very tall but has a burst. Could help preserve Sutton.

As for the coaches, Stubler seemed very involved, correcting players during drills. And Jason Tucker had his receivers doing some creative drills.

I asked the very personable Miles Gorrell about the Supplemental Draft. He said there was one Friday, but no one was selected by any team. The Tyler Johnstone one will be in July. He of course wasn`t going to give me the scoop - I guess the $5 I offered him wasn`t enough - but said "He`s an interesting guy, we`ll have to see."  

As for Kavis and Olafioye, it`s as if he`s running a Ponzi scheme. Needed money for Muamba, took it from Olafioye.
Sheldon, year after year I always count on you to be the earliest fan to provide some insightful material on this team. Thanks.

Johnny Ticat slayer

In this video, Mathieu Proulx talks about Kahlil Carter. He knows him because they were teammates. He describes Carter as the most narcissistic and self centered guy he ever played with! Blames Reed for hiring Carter.

On the positive side, he said the Als will have one of the best defenses in the CFL.

https://www.rds.ca/videos/football/lcf/alouettes/le-depart-de-kahlil-carter-une-bonne-chose-3.1276797

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

okie

Since Jovan Olafioye did not want to renegotiate, maybe the Als rather pay a non-import in Ryan Bomben than an import.  Philip Blake moves to RT which means by having 4 Canadians on the OL, they no longer needed Tevaughn Campbell for ratio purposes.

Als sound like they want are not confident enough to start any of the Canadian safeties on the roster.

Ryder Stone said Russ Lande was the one who scouted him at Dartmouth, and it was Lande who called him to say the Als had drafted him.

Website Roster now includes 2 players involved with Your Call.  One is C Ruben Carter.  Other is DB CJ Moore who I believe was in the Als training camp before.

Following link contains 293 photos the team has posted.

https://montrealalouettes.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000pR7sqBxct.o/G0000gMB2m7u4IY8/I0000plbfH19Y_o8/014A6994-jpg

How many photos of Josh Freeman are there?  Not many as Shelton could probably find himself in the crowd about the same number of times Freeman is featured in a still.

One player who appears in several photos appears to be an OL but is not listed in the website roster.

okie

Jovan Olafioye taking shots at the Als:

"You make me drive 10 hours to Montreal to tell me to take a pay cut I would have stayed my ass at home! "

"Most unorganized GM I ever seen! This dude really tried to squeeze me!! #notme"

"They didn’t even let me take a physical!"

Users Online

52 Guests, 0 Users (6 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (3), Baidu (2), Alexa

Most Online Today: 121. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)