okie

Als release Jovan Olafioye and he re-signs with BC.  Amazing.  And that after the Als traded for him just last year.  Tevaughn Campbell was another player traded for as he came in the Vernon Adams deal.  Shaq Murray-Lawrence was not traded for, but he did receive a small signing bonus. 

HfxTC

There is always a hidden surprise withbMr. Kavis Reed. You got  to know Jovan got some money during the off season too. Unless Reed plans to use that money to pay for Johnstone in the supplemental, this is a head scratcher and another trade in a growing list that was poorly planned out. Unless this team finds lightning in a bottle. Reed will be tossed out by the end of August.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

okie

Jovan Olafioye - $50,000 off-season bonus
Shaq Murray-Lawrence - $5,000
Tevaughn Campbell - unknown
Nik Lewis - $30,000
Kyries Hebert - $40,000
Khalil Carter - Scout being paid as a Defensive Coordinator

I know some have speculated that the reason the Als declined to have a QB/Rookie Camp this year was due to cost.  I actually think it is due to Mike Sherman's involvement with Your Call.  Speaking of which Sherman lost all 4 games he coached at Your Call with the offense struggling in the last 2 outings.

HfxTC

Jovan Olafioye - $50,000 off-season bonus
Shaq Murray-Lawrence - $5,000
Tevaughn Campbell - unknown
Nik Lewis - $30,000
Kyries Hebert - $40,000
Khalil Carter - Scout being paid as a Defensive Coordinator

I know some have speculated that the reason the Als declined to have a QB/Rookie Camp this year was due to cost.  I actually think it is due to Mike Sherman's involvement with Your Call.  Speaking of which Sherman lost all 4 games he coached at Your Call with the offense struggling in the last 2 outings.
Expect more surprises.

everyman

WHAT?? They cut JO on training camp start? How or why is that even possible? After Woods last year?

After giving up a #1? They cut him now?? I don't get it at all. Maybe after TC. But...

I just have no idea what the thinking is here. Been a follower of the league for years and have never seen this kind of stuff before. Has the HC even seen or watched tapes of him play?

G Man

Can this be linked to Tyler Johnstone being taken in supplemental draft?
Would they then have the horses to play 1 more national OL than initially planned.. and now decided they don't have to rely on back-issues Olafioye and use that $$ and/or ratio elsewhere?

Trying to find an explanation for the decision, and the timing.. aside from "Reed being Reed".

everyman

Yeah I know. But Tyler still needs to prove he can play at this level.
I have no idea...there must be a reason even if one doesn't agree with it. 

It's just so much better for teams and organizations be somewhat transparent as opposed to letting people come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories.

For instance: " We're releasing JO because he's too expensive and we feel he has back issues. We are doing it now so he has an opp to hook on with another team. We feel we have his position covered."

Johnny Ticat slayer

WHAT?? They cut JO on training camp start? How or why is that even possible? After Woods last year?

After giving up a #1? They cut him now?? I don't get it at all. Maybe after TC. But...

I just have no idea what the thinking is here. Been a follower of the league for years and have never seen this kind of stuff before. Has the HC even seen or watched tapes of him play?
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/improvisation

Now, which high profile player will be cut tomorrow morning at 5 am?   :P
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

Yeah I know. But Tyler still needs to prove he can play at this level.
I have no idea...there must be a reason even if one doesn't agree with it.

It's just so much better for teams and organizations be somewhat transparent as opposed to letting people come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories.

For instance: " We're releasing JO because he's too expensive and we feel he has back issues. We are doing it now so he has an opp to hook on with another team. We feel we have his position covered."
Reed has handed out anywhere from 135 000 to 200 000 in roster bonus to players he's released for nothing. Hard to believe he could not get ANYTHING for Olafoyle signed for 3 years and already paid 50k of his salary. Mind boggling stuff going on in Montreal. Basically Reed has squandered all savings that come from not having an established starting QB.

The supplemental was supposed to be held friday evening, we've heard nothing. This league can be infuriating.

HfxTC

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/improvisation

Now, which high profile player will be cut tomorrow morning at 5 am?   :P
Probably Chris Williams

Reggiemac

Be nice if he got some draft picks for JO but I am not sure if he lived up to his press clippings and he has always had health issues and hes not grtting younger and would save a lot of cap space going forward. I think there will be more high profile cuts. 

okie

Team announced the following:

Player added to the roster
Seydou Junior Haidara (N), WR, Laval

Players added to the 6-game injured list
Nicolas Boulay (N), LB, Sherbrooke
Philippe Gagnon (N), G, Laval

Players released
Adrian Clarke (N), LB, Bishop’s
Jakari Gore (I), RB, Marian
Shaquille Murray-Lawrence (N), RB, Nevada
Thomas Mayo (I), WR, California PA
Jovan Olafioye (I), OT, North Carolina Central
Lonnie Outlaw (I), WR, Miles College

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2018/05/20/alouettes-transactions-may-20/

RichardVeilleux

With all the moves made so far,the training camp roster is now at 84 players. If we exclude the non-counters and Chip Cox,-retired since October 20,2017- we are at 66,compared with an approved number of 75. Chip could still return.

I expect that net additions will be made in the next day or days; definitely a need for 3 to 4 offensive linemen. 1 or 2 WR's could be added along with 1 or 2 LB's and possible Nat. DB,if available. 

Richard

okie

From the grainy picture I saw, the OL had Xavier Fulton at LT and Ryan Bomben at LG.  I would assume that remaining are Luc Brodeur-Jourdain was at C, Kristian Matte at RG, and Philip Blake at RT.

Anybody here attend the 1st day and are able to confirm or deny this?  

Well with a 2nd look, I think the line appears to be:

Xavier Fulton at LT
Ryan Bomben at LG
Kristian Matte at C
Sean Jamieson RG
Philip Blake at RT

Lucas Bellemare

Le départ d'Olafioye pourrait peut-être indiquer que Rutherford aura un poste de partant. Comme il est repêché son impacte sur la masse salariale sera beaucoup moindre que si on avait gardé Olafioye.

Users Online

38 Guests, 4 Users (5 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
meaker23, Clawed2bitz, albertpal, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)