RichardVeilleux

As I wrote, the next 2 games against the Argos will be crucial/important; the Als have to win at least 1 of these 2 games.

The injury to Nat. S Chris Ackie won't help; the Nat. talent/depth is quite low/almost non- existent on the Als roster .

Looking at other teams practice roster there is no Nat. S available. Looking at the past CFL transactions, there are 2 players that the Als could invite/sign; they are:

Nat. LB Nehemie Kankolongo. Recently released by Winnipeg. Played with Sask. and BC in 2015 and 2016.

Nat. DB/LB Joshua Brinkworth. Recently released by Ottawa. Played a few games with the Als in 2015-1- and 2 in 2016.

Richard

nguyenMTL

IMO the key is Ray Drew. If he is playing regularly,  the Als have a shot at applying pressure and disrupting the Argos' offence. Otherwise, I fear that Ray or Fajardo is going to shred our defence.

Without Chris Ackie, the Als now have exactly 21 Nat. players on the active roster. Hopefully, Termansen has recovered from his injury and is available for Week 8.

okie

Justin Dunk says Ackie tore a tricep tendon and is out for the year.

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/04/alouettes-db-chris-ackie-plays-torn-tendon-undergoes-surgery/

Als used 3 non-imports on defense.  Ackie switched between Safety and WILL Linebacker which allowed greater ratio flexibility.

okie

Dave Naylor says Argo QB Ricky Ray is out for 4-6 weeks. 

HfxTC

Cody Fajardo is going to take over the job and not look back.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

GHT120

Of course people who drive over a cliff rarely look back either.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

We moved up the standings in the by week ! LOL

Pocho

Right on! As long as the other three Eastern teams keep losing, we don't have to win many games except against the Easter teams.

tony

And this will be the saving grace for the Als over the next two games.

mike2579

Watched the end of that game. Fajardo has a Michael Bishop arm, those db's better be ready as the Argos have a few homerun hitters on the team. I hope they don't take him lightly. Anyone going to the game and wants to buy me a beer hit me up  ;)
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

HfxTC

Fajardo is going to be a great QB in this league. I just hope it takes him more than two games to figure Trestman's offense out :)

jkm

Right on! As long as the other three Eastern teams keep losing, we don't have to win many games except against the Easter teams.

Pretty pathetic, isn't it?  The East is a race to the bottom!

nguyenMTL

Here's a fun fact.

Montreal is the only team to have won at least 1 game against a Western team  8)

Niagara Als

As I wrote, the next 2 games against the Argos will be crucial/important; the Als have to win at least 1 of these 2 games.

The injury to Nat. S Chris Ackie won't help; the Nat. talent/depth is quite low/almost non- existent on the Als roster .

Looking at other teams practice roster there is no Nat. S available. Looking at the past CFL transactions, there are 2 players that the Als could invite/sign; they are:

Nat. LB Nehemie Kankolongo. Recently released by Winnipeg. Played with Sask. and BC in 2015 and 2016.

Nat. DB/LB Joshua Brinkworth. Recently released by Ottawa. Played a few games with the Als in 2015-1- and 2 in 2016.

Richard

Niagara Als

Since the WPeg game all should recognize that we have a solid team and, can expect a win in this upcoming game, Too bad about Ray, I'm hoping that the season is not lost for him.  I do hope that the team takes advantage of the time off and, that the coaches have used this time to re-order their thoughts, especially on the defensive side and, they should prepare for for all that Trestman, and company will throw at them. They were certainly out foxed by WPeg's unusual squib kick and, must prepare to avoid another such surprise play. .

Users Online

162 Guests, 16 Users (16 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
EastVanMark, Hamilton2005, safetyblitz, raymarkca, DavidThompson, bobo82, Mightygoose, leviadon, argonutII, BillyDee87, papazoola, Dr.Whiskey, DogsFan, PTBO Dave, habcat, sportsfan100, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)