tony

yep...didn't want it
didn't earn it
didn't deserve it
totally disengaged from the job it seemed to me watching on tv anyway.
He almost had to be forced to attend his hall of fame induction. He wanted to work on the gameplan for the upcoming game, rather than attend the once in a lifetime event of being inducted into the hall of fame.

That doesn't sound disengaged to Johnny. Give him a break. He never worked on a staff with a real head coach. He had Popp, Chapdelaine and Reed as head coaches. Anyone would have looked bad in his situation.

If he had been a coach while Trestman was HC, he would have learned a lot more and would have improved as a coach.
If he really wants to learn the profession, I'm pretty sure Trestman would make room for him on his staff.
You are probably right Hfx.
The stumbling block may be family. He has young school age daughters.
Strikes me as the kind of person who will put his family first.

idealsheldon

Justin Dunk reporting Marcus Brady will be leaving the Argos for a job with the Indianapolis Colts.

I wonder if that might open the door for A.C. to join Trestman in Toronto.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

Justin Dunk reporting Marcus Brady will be leaving the Argos for a job with the Indianapolis Colts.

I wonder if that might open the door for A.C. to join Trestman in Toronto.
We are about to find out real quick if he really wanted and wants to be a Coach. Might have all been orchestrated too.

Whatever he wants to do. I wish him the very best.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

mike2579

Calvillo deserves only the best. Im sure he wanted to bolt a while ago. All the crap this man has been through im suprised he even wanted to coach. 
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

tony

Calvillo deserves only the best. Im sure he wanted to bolt a while ago. All the crap this man has been through im suprised he even wanted to coach.
You can say that again. As much as it would be difficult to see him in the Blue and White colors,
 he deserves a legitimate shot. And what better way than with his former HC and a QB who seems to have the same work ethic and approach to the game.

HfxTC

You can say that again. As much as it would be difficult to see him in the Blue and White colors,
 he deserves a legitimate shot. And what better way than with his former HC and a QB who seems to have the same work ethic and approach to the game.
If he truly wants a coaching career and he has the opportunity to go work with Trestman, Condell, and Ray. He should.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Yup. Go work for the Argos if you want to AC. No hard feelings from Johnny.  :)

Besides, we have already groomed two CFL head coaches for the Argos (Milanovitch and Trestman). 

It's time for the Argos to groom a future HC for the Als! 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

G Man

It was always my impression that Calvillo was a Montrealer to the core, don't see him moving to TO... rather taking some much deserved time off for now, and when the right opportunity comes find a coaching gig at the amateur level in this city, Carabins or the like.

Then I would like to see, years down the road, when the Alouettes fiasco-era is finally over.. a more experienced Calvillo return to the fold.

idealsheldon

L.A. Lariviere
@L_A_theRiver

Hearing Calvillo could be coming back to the #CFL in a coaching role. Not with #Als
10:20 AM - 2 Mar 2018

One does not have to be a genius to figure out the possible destination.

HfxTC

L.A. Lariviere
@L_A_theRiver

Hearing Calvillo could be coming back to the #CFL in a coaching role. Not with #Als

Poor guy, couldn't even get Maciocia to give him a job.

Grover

L.A. Lariviere
@L_A_theRiver

Well, Maybe it's not a slam dunk that Condell is getting the OC job in TOR.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

idealsheldon

L.A. Lariviere
@L_A_theRiver

Besides Marcus Brady, Trestman lost Senior Assistant Steve Walsh to BC as QB Coach. So he would most likely need/want Calvillo to work with the QBs.

And how can Calvillo turn down the opportunity to work with Trestman and build a coaching resume. Even if it means leaving family in Montreal and commuting to Toronto.

Grover

tony

L.A. Lariviere
@L_A_theRiver

Besides Marcus Brady, Trestman lost Senior Assistant Steve Walsh to BC as QB Coach. So he would most likely need/want Calvillo to work with the QBs.

And how can Calvillo turn down the opportunity to work with Trestman and build a coaching resume. Even if it means leaving family in Montreal and commuting to Toronto.
690 saying Herb tweeting this is what he has heard that AC is going there as the QB coach.

tony

Congratulations AC. You deserve it. 

A definite negative mark for the Als organization to have this happen.

Users Online

59 Guests, 0 Users (16 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (AdSense) (2), Google (14)

Most Online Today: 125. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)