Brendan McGuire

LeStaf

[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

CFL in QC

Any Thoughts?

http://lastwordonsports.com/2017/12/07/calvillo-should-leave-alouettes/
C'est minable d'un bout à l'autre. Et encore, je suis poli!
Tu peux élaborer ?
Moi je n'y voit rien de disgracieux ou farfelu...

cahoonrules86

I always envisioned AC as an ambassador for the team.

GHT120

I always envisioned AC as an ambassador for the team.
But I doubt that pays the bills and certainly isn't a path to be a HC or GM ... ***IF*** that is what AC wants.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Niagara Als

IF they a decent HC and, that's IF, then AC Calvillo would be in a better environment and, be in the supervision of a better mentor. AC lies in Montreal,he deserves a turn with a better coaching team.

G Man

I've been told Calvillo will remain as ambassador, but will leaving the coaching staff... he's had enough. Will remain in MTL, look for opportunities to coach the next generation of future CFLers.

Makes complete sense to me, he deserved better, but the timing of his starting a non-playing football career coinciding with the Als franchise's implosion made this inevitable. Maybe one day if the Als finally get their act together, the timing will be right for a more experienced coach Calvillo to return to the fold.

Good luck Anthony.

HfxTC

This was always about money for AC. I remember in his last year playing he was asked if he would like to coach. This was his answer: "Without thinking I can come up with at least five things I'd rather do than coach".

Players who convert to coaching have an eye towards that and collect knowledge from a very eary age. This was never going to work.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

everyman

yep...didn't want it
didn't earn it
didn't deserve it
totally disengaged from the job it seemed to me watching on tv anyway.

Johnny Ticat slayer

yep...didn't want it
didn't earn it
didn't deserve it
He almost had to be forced to attend his hall of fame induction. He wanted to work on the gameplan for the upcoming game, rather than attend the once in a lifetime event of being inducted into the hall of fame.

That doesn't sound disengaged to Johnny. Give him a break. He never worked on a staff with a real head coach. He had Popp, Chapdelaine and Reed as head coaches. Anyone would have looked bad in his situation. 

If he had been a coach while Trestman was HC, he would have learned a lot more and would have improved as a coach. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

yep...didn't want it
didn't earn it
didn't deserve it
He almost had to be forced to attend his hall of fame induction. He wanted to work on the gameplan for the upcoming game, rather than attend the once in a lifetime event of being inducted into the hall of fame.

That doesn't sound disengaged to Johnny. Give him a break. He never worked on a staff with a real head coach. He had Popp, Chapdelaine and Reed as head coaches. Anyone would have looked bad in his situation.

If he had been a coach while Trestman was HC, he would have learned a lot more and would have improved as a coach.
If he really wants to learn the profession, I'm pretty sure Trestman would make room for him on his staff.

Iconic SR

The Alouettes biggest and ongoing problem is the mismanagement of valuable assets (players, fans, coaches etc). Calvillo seems to have tried, but either coaching just isn’t for him - or he’s been mishandled too. Maybe a bit of both.

I wish him nothing but the best in whatever direction he pursues.

HfxTC

The Alouettes biggest and ongoing problem is the mismanagement of valuable assets (players, fans, coaches etc). Calvillo seems to have tried, but either coaching just isn’t for him - or he’s been mishandled too. Maybe a bit of both.

I wish him nothing but the best in whatever direction he pursues.
Popp gave him an opportunity to work in the front office. He didn't like that, then he was made a Receiver coach and since then, it has been nothing but throwing him around like a dog in a bowling alley.
So a bit of both is probably right.

Niagara Als

Calvillo has always been a private person.Despite his years in the limelight he struck me as never seeking publicity,even in his playing days, after a series of plays he always returned to the sideline sitting alone at the end of the bench. He might fit the description of being a quiet thinking and astute person who does not wish to live his life sharing his thoughts with the sporting public. He has lived over decade in Montreal and, likely would remain in this city in which his family and friends are around him.  Hopefully, the team will hopefully reach stability and, Calvillo will have the option to further develop his career as a member of the coaching staff in this city and to test out, his future options in Montreal before even considering a move elsewhere.

tony

yep...didn't want it
didn't earn it
didn't deserve it

Well said Johnny.
AC was bounced around from season to season, QB coach, OC, QB coach back to OC.
And still hung in there.

Users Online

99 Guests, 1 User (7 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
NZFan, Yahoo!, Google (6)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)