Johnny Ticat slayer

The proper way to rebuild AKA this is going to take time, as per Biovin, would be to accumulate as many Canadian draft picks by trading all the older veterans as Montreal possibly could ie Hebert for teams making a run to the post-season.  Montreal has to be among the worst teams for national depth at this point.  National Depth along with the QB and the offensive line are the most important pieces to fielding a winning team.

Given Montreal has traded away first round picks the past few seasons, it will probably take at least three off seasons to properly build the depth of nationals to compete at or above .500.  Boivin stated in that interview that it would take time to rebuild this team yet which is correct yet it seems to be implied in the article that Kavis would not be around after 2018 unless significant progress is made.  I am sorry but you cannot turn around the Canadian talent or lack thereof in one season nor the apparent dearth of talent at other key positions like QB.  My guess is Kavis throws money at a few key free agents, both national and international, throwing stuff against the wall hoping it all comes together in 2018 for the Als to cobble together a .500 or better record.  Short term gain but not necessarily long term progress!
I agree, but the trade deadline for this season is in the past
Other Leagues tank in order to be where the Als are today. You will have the 1st, 10th, 19th and 28th pick. Solve the Coach and look at how some of the other teams are structured with someone above the GM. You got Ed Harvey out there some where. He was head scout for the EE before the GM job plus he played offence in the league. You need someone like him.

F.A. this year has a lot of top talent plus some young Q.B.s. Go Get one! Go with 3 American on the OL until things settle down. If the vets are going to retire the benefit is cap space to keep or sign FA.

If you like the business of football I think the Als and Als fans are going to have some fun. Please retire off your long standing players with some class.  
Argofan, Kavis Reed is coming back as GM next season. No matter what, the season will go down the toilet. Sad, but true.
If Als are going to keep Reed, I think they must have a football guy above him. Als did it his way, blew the team up this year, lost some of the superstars in the league and any surprise what happened? DD was a disappointment. He should be kept as a strong backup mentor to a new QB. K.R. let Bridge go, don't know why.

Anyway I see where they have elected to keep Reed. Not saying he won't be good but this is his first GM position. Owners must have another guy in there along with a credible coach or Als won't get it done.
Well the 10th. pick is already gone for 2018 and 2019. Kavis traded them away. As for #1 that is still very much in question. Since Kavis is still trying to overtake Tillman's Ticats or could trade it away if it is part of his secret plan.
Probably trade it for Travis lulay.
You have to know Tillman and Buono have their eye on that pick and have likely been massaging Kavis "into position" for a while now.
They will bend Kavis over and won't use any lube...
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

idealsheldon

Maybe Andrew should go run his hotel full time, and leave running a football team to someone more qualified.

http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/local/for-new-owner-the-colony-little-slice-heaven/xCK2meUTNoObbggZFhDnpN/

Roger Everingham, who worked at The Colony since 2000, spent his last morning Wednesday as the hotel’s general manager. The Wetenhalls have made plans for an interim general manager and will be seeking a permanent replacement “in due course,” Andrew Wetenhall said.

If Andrew is so enamored with Kavis, perhaps he can transfer him here and then go find a real GM for the football team.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

Maybe Andrew should go run his hotel full time, and leave running a football team to someone more qualified.

http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/local/for-new-owner-the-colony-little-slice-heaven/xCK2meUTNoObbggZFhDnpN/

Roger Everingham, who worked at The Colony since 2000, spent his last morning Wednesday as the hotel’s general manager. The Wetenhalls have made plans for an interim general manager and will be seeking a permanent replacement “in due course,” Andrew Wetenhall said.

If Andrew is so enamored with Kavis, perhaps he can transfer him here and then go find a real GM for the football team.
Bet you Kavis would relocate where the business is in that case LMAO
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

LOL! Good one Sheldon!   :)

Reed could build up the hotel's culture...

HfxTC

LOL! Good one Sheldon!   :)

Reed could build up the hotel's culture...
Kavis Bates might get Forensic with the guests....

RichardVeilleux

The Wetenhalls may decide,as they did on June 25,1987, to "shut" the team and put there energies and expertises in the hotel businesses. I would be sad, but I would understand given all the thrashes thrown at them,no matter what they do or say.  "Would that be a good one"? They don't deserve that. They can put their monies to better use.

Richard

HfxTC

The Wetenhalls may decide,as they did on June 25,1987, to "shut" the team and put there energies and expertises in the hotel businesses. I would be sad, but I would understand given all the thrashes thrown at them,no matter what they do or say.  "Would that be a good one"? They don't deserve that. They can put their monies to better use.

Richard
Cause they can't sell right Richard? You can blame the fans all you want. They have outwore their welcome all on their own and they keep digging...

Montreal owner Andrew Wetenhall has also started background work on prospective head coaches for the Alouettes, per sources. With that in mind, the kind of decision-making power a potential head coach might have will be a factor in who ultimately accepts the position.
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/hamilton-1150/alfieri-incredible-to-see-how-many-people-have-thrown-in-the-towel-on-reed-1.892869

idealsheldon

Richard
Cette équipe a tout un travail de reconstruction à faire, parce qu’il manque de talent, il manque de coaching, il manque d’évaluation de joueurs, il manque de dépistage, il manque d’expérience à tous les niveaux, bref il manque de tout.

Richard, is Pierre Vercheval trashing the Wetenhalls when he writes the above? No, he is expressing the same concerns as us, only a little more diplomatically perhaps.

I`ll speak for myself. I`m not trashing Andrew personally, who knows he might be a nice guy. But I am a passionate Alouette fan, and like most everybody else we can`t understand why he would be sticking with Kavis. There is a massive personnel overhaul required and there is nothing Kavis has done so far to show he is capable of handling it. It is plain and simply not his background, like a Popp, Desjardins, Sunderland, Murphy, etc. To me it is simply a case of Andrew being too proud or stubborn to admit a mistake in hiring Kavis in the first place.

Richard, I`ll ask you what has Kavis done this season to show he deserves another year as far as being able to build a competitive team? Another year will be wasted and the team will have to go back to the drawing board.

Richard, I respect your loyalty to the Alouettes, but you can still be a fan and at the same time question things when you feel they are screwing up.

idealsheldon

I am going to go out on a limb and predict the following.

Sometime in late November/early December Andrew is going to have to revisit his decision to maintain Kavis. The backlash from fans, media, and possibly the CFL itself will be too severe to ignore.

Bold prediction or Fake News?  We shall see.

LeStaf

Comment se fait-il qu'Andrew soit à la recherche d'un entraîneur-chef?  C'est le travail du DG. Estime-t-il lui-même que son DG est à ce point incapable? Alors pourquoi le garder?

J'ai l'impression croissante que plus personne de compétent ne veut travailler avec les Wetenhall, alors ils gardent ce qu'ils peuvent.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

RichardVeilleux

Sheldon, I have,some time ago, answered  your question regarding Kavis Reed.

J'espère,de plus en plus, que Kavis Reed et M.Boivin en disent le moins possible aux journalistes; qu'ils attendent la fin de la saison. Qu'importe ce qu'ils disent, certains, dont les membres de RDS, tournent au ridicule ce qui a été dit.

Dimanche dernier, j'ai vraiment trouvé que Pierre Vercheval a perdu les pédales en ondes lorsque les Alouettes ont tenté un botté de placement au lieu d'y aller pour un touché. Un peu de "tenue".

Si l'organisation des Alouettes comprend seulement des pourris, que Pierre Vercheval offre ses services ou ses conseils; il manque certainement de respect pour les employés des Alouettes. 

Richard

tony

Comment se fait-il qu'Andrew soit à la recherche d'un entraîneur-chef?  C'est le travail du DG. Estime-t-il lui-même que son DG est à ce point incapable? Alors pourquoi le garder?

Ca c est une bonne question. Est ce que ca veut dire que le DG et l entraineur vont pas travailler ensemble pour assembler une equipe pour 2018?!

Est qu Andrew pense que c est comme une "pot pourri"? Mets deux personnes ensemble, mélange les deux et voila. Un organization formidable avec une equipe qui gagnera la coupe grey.

tony

Fairly certain that in the "real" world, anyone who would put up numbers such as Kavis Reed has done while the GM ( and include HC as the team has played even worse since he took on that role), would find themselves revising their resume.
Yet somehow he is going to be kept on for another season.

Richard, sorry but maybe some have come to accept what was once mediocrity over the past few seasons and now this season just plain awful. No sense of direction, an owner who is interviewing potential HC candidates (why is this not his GM Reed responsibility) and  try and pull the wool over the eyes of what few fans are left.
To have fans say they are no longer willing to accept this kind product yet still commit to keeping Reed on. It's inexcusable really.
Hey their team, their money.

Best of luck to the Wettenhals. Hope they do manage somehow to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

mike2579

Its not the first time Vercheval blew up on tv, a few weeks ago he blurted out “ca commence vraiment a m’enerver” on a play the Alouettes screwed up, i forgot what game it was though. 
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

Users Online

70 Guests, 13 Users (7 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Slomojo2005, everyman, 15_championships, PTBO Dave, Mightygoose, Taleback, Allek, ExPat, FootbalYouBet, Yahoo!, Google (5), Baidu

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)