mike2579

Our team is out of wack but wtf is happening with Riders lol? Duron tweeted his adieu and everyone thought it was bs. But now madani tweeted this? Who summons a player to fight? Wtf! Lololololo!!!
I cant paste the story but go on twitter and read it. Pretty mental...
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

HfxTC

Johnny.... They are finished. When you lose your credibility in business because you have become serial liars. It is all over. IMO the Wettenhall's have been looking for a quick fix to prop up their selling price and get out with their money.
That is what putting Marc Cohon's old man on the board last year was all about. Something missed by the media.

Kavis sold them on that quick fix and it exploded in their face. So Andrew who pulled a tantrum at the golf tournament trying to convince the reporters that he would never accept losing all of a sudden is willing to reward Kavis with another spin with Daddy's Ferrari? None of this is credible.

What will be interesting to see now is what instinct will prevail. Their Ego and greed or their Smarts? Make no mistake these two...Father and Son can count... Now that it is obvious to them that there is no quick fix, will they choose to turn over the team to potential buyers at a bargain price, like Bob benefitted himself accepted when he bought it and cut their losses. Or does their ego take them down to a couple more years of increasing losses. Which could easily reach in the 5 to 10 million a season if crowds melt the way I suspect they will.

Again, As The Architect of the Matrix said. "The problem NeoDrew is Choice". You sell and take X loss on your investment now or you hang on and take X loss on your investment then.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Our team is out of wack but wtf is happening with Riders lol? Duron tweeted his adieu and everyone thought it was bs. But now madani tweeted this? Who summons a player to fight? Wtf! Lololololo!!!
Jones lose his mind? Not sure what his future is if he get's kicked off a team for the second consecutive year. Certainly isn't the CFL.

HfxTC

Jones lose his mind? Not sure what his future is if he get's kicked off a team for the second consecutive year. Certainly isn't the CFL.
According to the Riderfans, Looks like Duron and Sam Williams got into a fistfight at practice on the road. Same BS he pulled in Montreal. Only took him one great game to show his Carter traits.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Johnny.... They are finished. When you lose your credibility in business because you have become serial liars. It is all over. IMO the Wettenhall's have been looking for a quick fix to prop up their selling price and get out with their money.
That is what putting Marc Cohon's old man on the board last year was all about. Something missed by the media.

Kavis sold them on that quick fix and it exploded in their face. So Andrew who pulled a tantrum at the golf tournament trying to convince the reporters that he would never accept losing all of a sudden is willing to reward Kavis with another spin with Daddy's Ferrari? None of this is credible.
Your theory makes a lot of sense! It is quite probable they put a new coat of paint on their beat up old car, to try and raise the selling price. Unfortunately for them, the car's engine blew! It is now worth even less.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

According to the Riderfans, Looks like Duron and Sam Williams got into a fistfight at practice on the road. Same BS he pulled in Montreal. Only took him one great game to show his Carter traits.
More info here:

http://3downnation.com/2017/10/16/incident-practice-lead-duron-carter-suspension/

The Last Word

The proper way to rebuild AKA this is going to take time, as per Biovin, would be to accumulate as many Canadian draft picks by trading all the older veterans as Montreal possibly could ie Hebert for teams making a run to the post-season.  Montreal has to be among the worst teams for national depth at this point.  National Depth along with the QB and the offensive line are the most important pieces to fielding a winning team.

Given Montreal has traded away first round picks the past few seasons, it will probably take at least three off seasons to properly build the depth of nationals to compete at or above .500.  Boivin stated in that interview that it would take time to rebuild this team yet which is correct yet it seems to be implied in the article that Kavis would not be around after 2018 unless significant progress is made.  I am sorry but you cannot turn around the Canadian talent or lack thereof in one season nor the apparent dearth of talent at other key positions like QB.  My guess is Kavis throws money at a few key free agents, both national and international, throwing stuff against the wall hoping it all comes together in 2018 for the Als to cobble together a .500 or better record.  Short term gain but not necessarily long term progress! 

GHT120

The proper way to rebuild AKA this is going to take time, as per Biovin, would be to accumulate as many Canadian draft picks by trading all the older veterans as Montreal possibly could ie Hebert for teams making a run to the post-season.  Montreal has to be among the worst teams for national depth at this point.  National Depth along with the QB and the offensive line are the most important pieces to fielding a winning team.

Given Montreal has traded away first round picks the past few seasons, it will probably take at least three off seasons to properly build the depth of nationals to compete at or above .500.  Boivin stated in that interview that it would take time to rebuild this team yet which is correct yet it seems to be implied in the article that Kavis would not be around after 2018 unless significant progress is made.  I am sorry but you cannot turn around the Canadian talent or lack thereof in one season nor the apparent dearth of talent at other key positions like QB.  My guess is Kavis throws money at a few key free agents, both national and international, throwing stuff against the wall hoping it all comes together in 2018 for the Als to cobble together a .500 or better record.  Short term gain but not necessarily long term progress!
I agree, but the trade deadline for this season is in the past
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Iconic SR

The week seemed to have turned out ok for Duron Carter, Chris Jones, and the Riders. Believing twitter is asinine. A Rider practice at home got heated and someone thought they had the scoop on something bigger so it became a media shitstorm. The Riders responded by pounding the Stamps last night. And I think Bo Levi Mitchell might avoid twitter banter for awhile. 

Argofan_1000

The proper way to rebuild AKA this is going to take time, as per Biovin, would be to accumulate as many Canadian draft picks by trading all the older veterans as Montreal possibly could ie Hebert for teams making a run to the post-season.  Montreal has to be among the worst teams for national depth at this point.  National Depth along with the QB and the offensive line are the most important pieces to fielding a winning team.

Given Montreal has traded away first round picks the past few seasons, it will probably take at least three off seasons to properly build the depth of nationals to compete at or above .500.  Boivin stated in that interview that it would take time to rebuild this team yet which is correct yet it seems to be implied in the article that Kavis would not be around after 2018 unless significant progress is made.  I am sorry but you cannot turn around the Canadian talent or lack thereof in one season nor the apparent dearth of talent at other key positions like QB.  My guess is Kavis throws money at a few key free agents, both national and international, throwing stuff against the wall hoping it all comes together in 2018 for the Als to cobble together a .500 or better record.  Short term gain but not necessarily long term progress!
Other Leagues tank in order to be where the Als are today. You will have the 1st, 10th, 19th and 28th pick. Solve the Coach and look at how some of the other teams are structured with someone above the GM. You got Ed Harvey out there some where. He was head scout for the EE before the GM job plus he played offence in the league. You need someone like him.

F.A. this year has a lot of top talent plus some young Q.B.s. Go Get one! Go with 3 American on the OL until things settle down. If the vets are going to retire the benefit is cap space to keep or sign FA.

If you like the business of football I think the Als and Als fans are going to have some fun. Please retire off your long standing players with some class.  

Johnny Ticat slayer

Other Leagues tank in order to be where the Als are today. You will have the 1st, 10th, 19th and 28th pick. Solve the Coach and look at how some of the other teams are structured with someone above the GM. You got Ed Harvey out there some where. He was head scout for the EE before the GM job plus he played offence in the league. You need someone like him.

F.A. this year has a lot of top talent plus some young Q.B.s. Go Get one! Go with 3 American on the OL until things settle down. If the vets are going to retire the benefit is cap space to keep or sign FA.

If you like the business of football I think the Als and Als fans are going to have some fun. Please retire off your long standing players with some class.  
Argofan, Kavis Reed is coming back as GM next season. No matter what, the season will go down the toilet. Sad, but true. 

Argofan_1000

F.A. this year has a lot of top talent plus some young Q.B.s. Go Get one! Go with 3 American on the OL until things settle down. If the vets are going to retire the benefit is cap space to keep or sign FA.

If you like the business of football I think the Als and Als fans are going to have some fun. Please retire off your long standing players with some class.  
Argofan, Kavis Reed is coming back as GM next season. No matter what, the season will go down the toilet. Sad, but true.
If Als are going to keep Reed, I think they must have a football guy above him. Als did it his way, blew the team up this year, lost some of the superstars in the league and any surprise what happened? DD was a disappointment. He should be kept as a strong backup mentor to a new QB. K.R. let Bridge go, don't know why.

Anyway I see where they have elected to keep Reed. Not saying he won't be good but this is his first GM position. Owners must have another guy in there along with a credible coach or Als won't get it done. 

HfxTC

If Als are going to keep Reed, I think they must have a football guy above him. Als did it his way, blew the team up this year, lost some of the superstars in the league and any surprise what happened? DD was a disappointment. He should be kept as a strong backup mentor to a new QB. K.R. let Bridge go, don't know why.

Anyway I see where they have elected to keep Reed. Not saying he won't be good but this is his first GM position. Owners must have another guy in there along with a credible coach or Als won't get it done.
Well the 10th. pick is already gone for 2018 and 2019. Kavis traded them away. As for #1 that is still very much in question. Since Kavis is still trying to overtake Tillman's Ticats or could trade it away if it is part of his secret plan.

AlsPal

If Als are going to keep Reed, I think they must have a football guy above him. Als did it his way, blew the team up this year, lost some of the superstars in the league and any surprise what happened? DD was a disappointment. He should be kept as a strong backup mentor to a new QB. K.R. let Bridge go, don't know why.

Anyway I see where they have elected to keep Reed. Not saying he won't be good but this is his first GM position. Owners must have another guy in there along with a credible coach or Als won't get it done.
Well the 10th. pick is already gone for 2018 and 2019. Kavis traded them away. As for #1 that is still very much in question. Since Kavis is still trying to overtake Tillman's Ticats or could trade it away if it is part of his secret plan.
Probably trade it for Travis lulay.

HfxTC

Probably trade it for Travis lulay.
You have to know Tillman and Buono have their eye on that pick and have likely been massaging Kavis "into position" for a while now.

Users Online

79 Guests, 5 Users (8 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
everyman, Chewbaca1973, schmenger, Google (8)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)