skipwalker

That's the worst Montreal team I have seen since the Concordes. I don't take any pleasure in saying that as the League needs a competative team in Montreal. The score tonight actually flattered them.
I don't see the ones in charge making this team any better next year. The present GM/Coach took an a fairly good team and made them worse. They could do worse than bringing in Jim Barker and Scott Milanovich. They screwed up in Toronto last year with the Willy trade but had a good run before that. Claybrooks the Calgary assistant is suppose to be a Head Coach in waiting or maybe Lapolice in Winnipeg.
The Concordes era has a very similar feel to these last few years. Very poor ownership and management and scouting back then as well. I really hope it doesn't turn into a farce like that period was . I really wish they would bring Barker in with Milanovich. Barker was a mediocre HC but he has a good eye for finding talent as GM. Milanovich might even rekindle a relationship with AC. a much better chance at success than the current joke of management.

LeStaf

The CFL Governors will soon be asking Andrew what the team`s plans are going forward.

The Wetenhalls may own the team but they do have 8 partners.
Can they force them to sell?

In and event, surely the Wettenhals will tell them that they thought they had the right people in place. It did not go as planned and will make changes during the off season.
Difficile quand il n'y a pas d'acheteurs.  Les Alouettes vont fermer avant le début de la saison 2019.

Est-ce que quelqu'un d'entre vous a essayé de parler à Boivin?  Je l'ai fait à Toronto, et parler aux fans, pour lui, c'était pire que de se faire arracher 10 dents à froid.  Quand tu parles d'un gars qui n'a aucun talent pour les relations publiques (je ne dis pas médiatiques), Boivin peut venir en tête de liste.  Sur ce plan, il n'arrive pas au talon de la chaussure de Mark Weightman, et je soupçonne (bien que je n'en ait aucune idée réelle) que cette froideur antarctique n'est pas que dans ses relations avec les supporteurs.  Si le président se fout complètement de ceux qui achètent des billets de saison, qui dans cette organisation aura du respect pour eux?

Il n'y aura pas d'acheteurs pour les Alouettes. S'il faut changer de propriétaires, il va falloir que quelqu'un paye l'acheteur pour qu'il les achète.  Personne ne va prendre le risque de poursuivre l'aventure de cette organisation telle qu'elle est.  Elle va fermer, et si quelqu'un revient avec un plan assez brillant pour les repartir de nouveau, peut-être que ça arrivera.  Mais pour l'instant, je ne vois que la fermeture de l'équipe qui arrive à grand pas.  L'automne sera catastrophique pour les abonnements de saison et il n'y aura plus de formule pour relancer quoi que ce soit.  J'écrit plus tôt cette année que les Alouettes devaient gagner comme on ne l'a pas vu depuis longtemps, et au lieu de ça, ils perdent comme on ne l'a pas vu depuis longtemps.  Si les Alouettes ont 8 000 abonnés de saison l'an prochain, j'en serais très étonné. 

[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

idealsheldon

Guess which team these comments are about:

The 2017 season has been bad enough but you can imagine going through it again; a year with a lame-duck GM and head coach, a year when the business-side is under-funded; a year when there’s no clear direction for the future.

Another year of that would leave wounds from which the franchise might never recover.

Well, no, they are actually about the BC Lions. But the story states that the "league has taken a great interest in the Lions` file."  

Hopefully the Commissioner has taken a similar interest in the Als file.

http://theprovince.com/sports/football/cfl/bc-lions/ed-willes-off-field-questions-around-teams-sale-compounding-buonos-miserable-year

I`m not always right, I just think I am.

RichardVeilleux

Sheldon: We could say/write: "Quand je me regarde je me désole quand je me compare je me console."

Teams such as Hamilton and BC were mentioned by some members of the media as Grey Cup finalists. The Als? All of these members  had them in last place. No excuse from me and it's been a bad season, but just as worse for BC and Hamilton.

Please,don't lose too much sleep,Sheldon. It's only football. Only 5 games, but your Canadiens are not performing too well. A long season in Montréal? I doubt it.

Take care Sheldon.

Richard

idealsheldon

Richard, while I would like to see the Canadiens do well, I am not a hockey fanatic like I am with the Als and the CFL. The city is almost ready to hang Carey Price after 5 games.

The thing with the Als right now is there is nothing to cling to, nothing to look forward to. There is a massive rebuilding job required, and Kavis is just not the right guy to undertake it.

But I`m recapturing my youth as it reminds me of the Joe Galat years. He was another bull spitter. And I still sleep like a baby, except for the occasional Kavis and Andrew nightmare.  

mike2579

Does Drouin have a few brothers that play football, that might keep people in there seats?
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

tony

Does Drouin have a few brothers that play football, that might keep people in there seats?
Even that may not help.
Apparently there were tickets available up to 30 minutes before game time for their home opener last week against the BlackHawks.

When was the last time that happened for a home opener?

If they lose a few more that trend may continue.

GHT120

Even that may not help.
Apparently there were tickets available up to 30 minutes before game time for their home opener last week against the BlackHawks.

If they lose a few more that tend may continue.
I heard it suggested that the tickets available on the site may have been "consignment seats" for season ticket holders who couldn't attend.

NO IDEA if that is, or even could be true.

But in the past folks would not need to have the team re-sell tickets as friends/family/acquaintances would be lined up at their door.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

Boivin gives insight into the ownership and financial situation of the team.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/interview-there-was-never-going-to-be-a-quick-fix-alouettes-president-says

It is clear the Als have been increasingly costing Bob Wettenhall more and more money. If you read between the lines of both Boivin interviews, a picture emerges. They won't fire Reed likely because they are already losing money and don't wish to pay another guy to sit at home out Western Canada and they likely are only willing to fund another season if the "metrics" keep heading south.

If they are smart, they will quietly put the team for sale at the next BOG meeting.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

tony

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/interview-there-was-never-going-to-be-a-quick-fix-alouettes-president-says

It is clear the Als have been increasingly costing Bob Wettenhall more and more money. If you read between the lines of both Boivin interviews, a picture emerges. They won't fire Reed likely because they are already losing money and don't wish to pay another guy to sit at home out Western Canada and they likely are only willing to fund another season if the "metrics" keep heading south.

If they are smart, they will quietly put the team for sale at the next BOG meeting.
And will continue to lose even more money if season ticket renewal drops as well as walk up fans.

HfxTC

Add Steve Charbonneau who calls BS on Kavis Reed. Mentions Stubler a few times and points out that Reed an Stubler were 4-14...

http://www2.985fm.ca/sports/lcf

tony

Even that may not help.

If they lose a few more that tend may continue.
I heard it suggested that the tickets available on the site may have been "consignment seats" for season ticket holders who couldn't attend.

NO IDEA if that is, or even could be true.

But in the past folks would not need to have the team re-sell tickets as friends/family/acquaintances would be lined up at their door.
I could understand mid season against the likes of say the Hurricanes and Coyotes.
But home opener against the Blackhawks. 

Tells me people are starting to get tired of the same on ice product similar to what has happened to the on field product for the Als.

There is a limit to what people are willing to tolerate. 

mike2579

355$ for a pair of blues vs the Leafs available 1 day before the game is simply unheard of. Even the Leafs fans who come invade the Bell Center found those expensive, and they usually have unlimited pocket change. Back in the day I’d be on 6 computers trying to score a pair of tickets to any game! 

HfxTC

Reality is the Als are now walking Zombies as an organization. Fans don't believe them, media does not believe them.
That's the end. The next phase is fans being made fun of for buying tickets.

They either find a buyer in the offseason or they go down with their nest.

If they can't find a buyer to take the whole team off their hands, they could sell a majority of shares and to divest themselves slowly of the rest as the team returns to health. We know they aren't going to win football games so they need to find someone charismatic to sell a rebuild and that isn't The son, Pierre Boivin or "The Great Kazoon".

Bob might want to tuck his tail and reach out to Larry Smith and see if Larry can find a buyer(s) for the team.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Some quotes from that article.

"Boivin believes Reed remains the best choice to lead the team, just as he understands the GM will continue being assailed on social media. And Boivin knows it might be difficult persuading fans to renew their season tickets with Reed remaining in place."

If he believes that, he is a dimwit!   ::)

“He needs to be given the benefit of doubt. He needs to be given a proper chance. He still has a high capacity to be able to deliver on a plan that he initially had in the interview process. Some of those things haven’t worked out.”

Benefit of the doubt?! WTF! Reed has taken an old roster, and made it older and less performing. He has made multiple bad decisions. The plan he delivered in the interview process? Really?! None of his plan has worked so far! Keep doing the same things expecting a different result: THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY.

"Firing Chapdelaine and Noel Thorpe last month was less about salvaging the season, Boivin said. It was more about starting to plan for the future."

That makes absolutely no sense! The new Head coach and staff would have been hired after the season, whether Chapdelaine or Thorpe were fired or not. Firing them during the season does not help plan for the future. Boivin is full of sh*t! They did fire Chap and Thorpe to salvage the season.Reed even said at the time, the team was still in the hunt for the playoffs. Now that their planned backfired, and the team is even worse with Chap and Thorpe gone, Boivin tries to spin this about being for the future. What a bullshipper!

“It’s less about selling a ticket. It’s more about selling an overall experience,” he said. “We’re trying to get them in, not (exclusively) for the football but to live a social experience with their friends."

If people want to live a social experience without football, they will do one of the other gazillion things they can do in Montreal. People buy tickets to see good football, not have a few drinks and play effin bingo or try to pick up a date. There are better and less expensive ways to do that.

The tons of excrement that come out of the mouths of the Wetenhalls, Reed and Boivin is simply disgusting and abhorrent. Used car salesman the whole lot of them!
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Users Online

108 Guests, 14 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
vjcos, LeBird, The Last Word, bobo82, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, tony, KevinRiley2, bowl450, Taleback, habcat, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)