tony

Maybe Reed can get Marv Levy along with Dave Ritchie to come back next season.

everyman

Easy to say. A community owned team... When they skrew up they take 1.5, 1.7 million fire everyone and go grab an entire coaching staff. When the 80 something year old bored owner of the Als skrews up. He fires everyone and then makes everyone else do extra work.

The mismanagement of this team has been going on for over 10 years now. It was masked by the Trestman hire and his turnaround of Calvillo. I'll give you a list of the highlights.

-Cavalier firing of Larry Smith
-Hiring of Prince
-Losing the practice field due to to lack of connections
-Firing of Lalonde
-Allowing Jim Popp to work from NC
-Hiring of Tom Higgins
-Stalling the hires of Jim Popp and selecting  Hawkins
-Hiring of Kavis Reed
-Allowing his NY banker son to run the team.

For six years now, it has been mistake on top of mistake. The fans are done with this owner and they are abandonning the team in droves. Don't let all the free tickets handed out for last week's game fool anyone. For seven years now you could do a graph of the team's record and its straight down. Every mistake compounding the previous. Now this team is old, it has no youth coming up, no young promising quarterbacks. It is DIRE.

Ambrosie needs to get the other governers to convince Wetenhall to sell this team. the survival of the CFL depends on it and they don't have much longer. 18 months AT THE MOST.
The weird thing about the hate on for Higgins is he was 9-9 then next season if I remember correctly he was fired after a win in BC which is unheard of. He had turned the team over to Cato and was making moves to make the team younger. Wasn't flashy enough I guess. Was that in 2015? 

HfxTC

He was canned for taking a big public dump on John Bowman of all players. He was fired for being a gigantic Azzhole.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Lyle B. Style

Sad reality is that the once 0 for Cats are now 3-9 tied with the Als, beating the Lions in BC. (something the Als rarely seem to do on their annual trip there).

Have won 3 of their 4 games since the change in HC and QB.
Look on the bright side. The Als will get the first pick in next year's draft...
And somehow still manage to bumble that one up.
1st couple picks in the CFL draft are a crapshoot. Wadzilla & Walters got the wool pulled over their eyes by drafting an overweight, under-powered fat kid named Faith Ekakitie cuz they were too scared to draft NFL sure-shots. Actually that's not true - they also burned their 6th overall - taking U of M Bison escapee Geoff Gray, who flunked his tryout in Green Bay but is currently inhaling a practice roster salary in New York.
Winnipeg, Montreal and a couple other teams may as well put the Top 20 guys in a hat and draw them out randomly when its their turn.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

HfxTC

Sad reality is that the once 0 for Cats are now 3-9 tied with the Als, beating the Lions in BC. (something the Als rarely seem to do on their annual trip there).

Have won 3 of their 4 games since the change in HC and QB.
Look on the bright side. The Als will get the first pick in next year's draft...
And somehow still manage to bumble that one up.
1st couple picks in the CFL draft are a crapshoot. Wadzilla & Walters got the wool pulled over their eyes by drafting an overweight, under-powered fat kid named Faith Ekakitie cuz they were too scared to draft NFL sure-shots. Actually that's not true - they also burned their 6th overall - taking U of M Bison escapee Geoff Gray, who flunked his tryout in Green Bay but is currently inhaling a practice roster salary in New York.
Winnipeg, Montreal and a couple other teams may as well put the Top 20 guys in a hat and draw them out randomly when its their turn.
Unless he trades the pick :)

argonutII

That's the worst Montreal team I have seen since the Concordes. I don't take any pleasure in saying that as the League needs a competative team in Montreal. The score tonight actually flattered them. 
I don't see the ones in charge making this team any better next year. The present GM/Coach took an a fairly good team and made them worse. They could do worse than bringing in Jim Barker and Scott Milanovich. They screwed up in Toronto last year with the Willy trade but had a good run before that. Claybrooks the Calgary assistant is suppose to be a Head Coach in waiting or maybe Lapolice in Winnipeg.

HfxTC

That's the worst Montreal team I have seen since the Concordes. I don't take any pleasure in saying that as the League needs a competative team in Montreal. The score tonight actually flattered them.
I don't see the ones in charge making this team any better next year. The present GM/Coach took an a fairly good team and made them worse. They could do worse than bringing in Jim Barker and Scott Milanovich. They screwed up in Toronto last year with the Willy trade but had a good run before that. Claybrooks the Calgary assistant is suppose to be a Head Coach in waiting or maybe Lapolice in Winnipeg.
I'm not a Barker fan at all but I have to give him his dues, he did a HELL of a job recruiting and making sure that he had good Canadian talent. IMO Toronto has the best Canadians in the league. Popp walked into a gold mine. He would not be my first choice (Ed Hervey) but he is infinitely more qualified than Kavis Reed.

Chuggabunch

An open letter from Corey to the ALS. (season tix holder with bang on points)

Dear Alouettes Organization,
Soon you will be sending me the info to renew my season tickets again. I am not looking forward to the day. Here is why:

1. I live and work over an hour away from the stadium, on a no traffic day. Mr. Boivin told the media that the Als were exploring having all games on a Thrusday night. That would mean that I would not be able to attend many of them. At this time I already leave work at 4pm and arrive home at 1am from summer games. I just cannot see myself doing this for the whole season. I know that the CFL ultimately decides the schedule (along with the media) but if this is an option, I would rather buy my tickets once I am sure that I will be able to use them.

2. We are awful as a team. If losing games was the only problem, that would be one thing. But it isn't only that. There have been so many changes all at once, that I don't recognize the team any more. I have been a fan for a really long time and right now, the organization itself is snobby and disconnected from the fans. Maybe it works for the Habs but the core of this team is about passion and connection between the players and the fans. I can't see MY team in this one. What happened to the team identity? What happened to the Alouette way?

3. The smoke and mirrors and lying has to stop. Please stop making the players make videos to post to facebook about how things will be different! Those poor guys must feel awful having to do that! Stop trying to fool us. We can all read the stats.Rule one of good business - under promise and over deliver.

4. Stadium prices are ridiculous! On top of the $$$$ I spend on tickets, it is insulting that I have to pay $5 for water and I cannot keep the cap (and the water in the bathroom is hot). Last home game, I had to sit with an ice pack to avoid passing out from the heat. Good thing I had my own water because the alternative was to spend $5 to not pass out! Just for the record, the total amount I spent (I brought my daughter) to go to that last game (not including gas) was over $240. that includes parking, the overpriced over-salted food (wings and a poutine) and 1 beer and my seats. I brought my own water. Kind of pricey for what I got. Don't you think?

5. I love football. I love the Alouettes. I choose football over other sports. I spend money on merchandise. I promote the team. I show up and put my butt in the seats, and I even bring others along. I go on Fan Trips. I give the organization my support.
So tell me this: Why should I renew my season tickets?
Signed,
a long time diehard fan.
If it\'s too loud, your too old!!

mike2579

This is what it's coming to, these diehard Alouettes fans who i never ever thought would leave ship are about to. Once these guys go theres no coming back. Those diehard fans is all they have at this point. They are insulted and hurt and deserve answers! I was once that diehard fan, i kind of still am but from my couch. I dont miss climbing that big ass mountain anymore i tell ya! From 2004-2013 going to a Alouettes game was the greatest thing on this planet. Now even getting free tickets and crazy seats i tell ya i dont even want to go anymore!
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

Cflzoro

Enough said ....... its a trainwreck  :'(

idealsheldon

The CFL Governors will soon be asking Andrew what the team`s plans are going forward.

The Wetenhalls may own the team but they do have 8 partners.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

tony

The CFL Governors will soon be asking Andrew what the team`s plans are going forward.

The Wetenhalls may own the team but they do have 8 partners.
Can they force them to sell?

In and event, surely the Wettenhals will tell them that they thought they had the right people in place. It did not go as planned and will make changes during the off season.

Cflzoro

Further ---- what do you expect when a team has 21 players  aged 30 and over......I had no idea it was that bad :o :o then again that explains everything ........ where is the so-called scouting & development staff?

HfxTC

I wasn't against him bringing some of his own guys as long as development of young players went ahead both Reed and Chapdelaine could not care less what happened beyond the next game. One is out of a job, the other will follow him out the door soon.

The Governers may not be able to force the Wetenhall to do what is right by this team and city but the fans sure as hell can and are about to explain it in very clear terms.

It's easy to own a sports team when you can launder as much out as you put in. When you really own it and have to pay the bill, it is a little less fun.

The Wetenhall will sell or go broke resisting. Either way Montreal fans will get their way.

The Last Word

One thing that might attract investors or new ownership would be the confirmation of the renovations  at Olympic Stadium.  With the roof repaired, the stadium will once again be able to host the Grey Cup and that would pretty much guarantee Montreal a Grey Cup every 6-8 years ensuring a hefty $10 million profit or greater.  Maybe Montreal gets 2 Grey Cups in a 5 year span or so to compensate for the long duration with the big game in 2008.

Users Online

101 Guests, 10 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, Mark, jim43bob, Abendschan, bobo82, dcmoses, sully, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)