idealsheldon

Johnny aimerais te poser une question, qui semble sans réponses dans les médias. Les Alouettes ont fêtés l'équipe championne des Alouéttes de la Coupe Grey de 1977 lors du dernier match. Johnny a vu un bon nombre de joueurs de cette équipe, mais pas Larry Smith. Larry Smith a joué lors de ce match. Est-ce qu'il était là?

Larry Smith et les Wetenhall ne sont pas en bon termes. Mais, est ce que Larry Smith a été invité par les Wetenhall? Est-ce que Larry a refusé de participer?
Not Richard, but I was at the game Sunday and Larry Smith was among the 1977 players introduced to the crowd at half time.

Sonny Wade and Chuck Zapiec, 2 of my old time favorites though, were not there.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Johnny aimerais te poser une question, qui semble sans réponses dans les médias. Les Alouettes ont fêtés l'équipe championne des Alouéttes de la Coupe Grey de 1977 lors du dernier match. Johnny a vu un bon nombre de joueurs de cette équipe, mais pas Larry Smith. Larry Smith a joué lors de ce match. Est-ce qu'il était là?

Larry Smith et les Wetenhall ne sont pas en bon termes. Mais, est ce que Larry Smith a été invité par les Wetenhall? Est-ce que Larry a refusé de participer?
Not Richard, but I was at the game Sunday and Larry Smith was among the 1977 players introduced to the crowd at half time.

Sonny Wade and Chuck Zapiec, 2 of my old time favorites though, were not there.
Thanks Sheldon. Good to hear Smith was there. Herb posted on Twitter that Wade had travel issues. Not sure what that means, but it is a shame he was not there.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

idealsheldon

Bear Woods has just been named the Argos Outstanding Defensive Player.

Meanwhile the Als have just added to the practice roster another useless MLB to this year`s collection, Clemente Casseus. He seems to have the same agent as another useless LB they recently added, Frederick Henry-Ajudua.

Davis Sanchez was saying on the radio the other day that each year CFL teams seem to always add 3-4 promising International rookies, and asked who the Als have added this year.

The only name worth mentioning is Branden Dozier, and I am not yet completely sold on him. It also seems that the team is still trying to find a position for him, recently moving him to safety.

There is of course Matt Shiltz, but it is way too early to get a realistic read on him.

There is just no confidence anyone can have that Reed/Mack are capable of plugging the many holes the Als have.

HfxTC

These media guys are starting to do the cold hard Math and they will all come to the same questions, the same conclusions as the rest of us. That whole gang Andy Dikwet, The Great Kazoo, Sleepy Joe and the rest of the minions haven't got a prayer in hell of rebuilding this football team. I predict next year's team will have an even worse record.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

LeStaf

These media guys are starting to do the cold hard Math and they will all come to the same questions, the same conclusions as the rest of us. That whole gang Andy Dikwet, The Great Kazoo, Sleepy Joe and the rest of the minions haven't got a prayer in hell of rebuilding this football team. I predict next year's team will have an even worse record.
Je vais dans le même sens.

Quelqu'un a évoqué Corey Chamblin comme prochain entraîneur-chef, ce qui ajouterait à mes nausées.  Mais je ne crois pas à cette hypothèse.  Chamblin est trop compétent pour que nos bonzes se tournent vers lui.  Bart Andrus serait plus quelqu'un à leur mesure.

Je termine en anticipant la fiche des Alouettes pour 2019 : - - -. 
For translation  ---->  http://translate.google.ca/

okie

Meanwhile the Als have just added to the practice roster another useless MLB to this year`s collection, Clemente Casseus. He seems to have the same agent as another useless LB they recently added, Frederick Henry-Ajudua.

Davis Sanchez was saying on the radio the other day that each year CFL teams seem to always add 3-4 promising International rookies, and asked who the Als have added this year.

The only name worth mentioning is Branden Dozier, and I am not yet completely sold on him. It also seems that the team is still trying to find a position for him, recently moving him to safety.

Als used Henry-Ajudua at DE not LB, but I get your point.  Team uses player agents like companies use employment agencies.  Call and request a body, and hopefully the situation ends in fulltime employment.

Team moved Dozier to safety because that is what he is.  Noel Thorpe thought Dozier would be a replacement for Winston Venable at WILL LB but since Thorpe is no longer there who knows what is future will be considering his best position is usually occupied by a non-import.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Team uses player agents like companies use employment agencies.  Call and request a body, and hopefully the situation ends in fulltime employment.

So agents might be calling Reed, every time they have a sad sack player client who can't get a job anywhere else! 

Ladies and gents, welcome to the vetted matrix technique of scouting of Kavis Reed. Fire all the scouts and save money! Reed's contacts are player agents. 

Chuggabunch

I wasn't sure which thread I should post this, I guess this will do.

On Saturday night in Ottawa, I had the pleasure of bringing my jazz/funk band down for the Les Gars Qui Vivent Alouettes party. One of my friends, JM, who did not follow the Als was there to have fun, chill out and help the band. 

As he was hangin out, he turns around and meets John Bowman.

Their conversation went like this.

JB - Hey how you doin'?
JM- Good, are you a player?
JB - Yep, John Bowman I play for the Alouettes.
Jm - Right on, I didn't know. I didn't watch any of the Als games this year.
JB- Hey no problems, I didn't watch either!haha

Yep, the sad reality of the Alouettes from the most candid and honest player. That's what makes John a great one. He still finds the humor even in the Alouettes darkest hour.

If it\'s too loud, your too old!!

popo

I wasn't sure which thread I should post this, I guess this will do.

On Saturday night in Ottawa, I had the pleasure of bringing my jazz/funk band down for the Les Gars Qui Vivent Alouettes party. One of my friends, JM, who did not follow the Als was there to have fun, chill out and help the band.

As he was hangin out, he turns around and meets John Bowman.

Their conversation went like this.

JB - Hey how you doin'?
JM- Good, are you a player?
JB - Yep, John Bowman I play for the Alouettes.
Jm - Right on, I didn't know. I didn't watch any of the Als games this year.
JB- Hey no problems, I didn't watch either!haha

Yep, the sad reality of the Alouettes from the most candid and honest player. That's what makes John a great one. He still finds the humor even in the Alouettes darkest hour.
Sounds fairly rude of your friend.  It would be like Bowman telling him he didn't listen to any of his band's performance.  Maybe truthful, but lack of tact.

nguyenMTL

This fall, I befriended a classmate who used to be a CFLer (which I found out randomly). He told me that he thought that the Als with Andrew and Kavis at the helm were a mess and that he also feared the team would move to another city in 2-3 years if there wasn't a drastic change of direction.

The other thing that we both agreed was that it is a shame that businessmen in Montreal were more focused on MLB than on the Als, considering that it would cost roughly 15 M$ to buy the team from the Wetenhalls, compared to 500+ M$ to own a MLB team. 

G Man

Didn't I hear that local interests were interested in buying the team if it were ever for sale a while back?.. remember you can have interested buyers, but nothing will happen if the owner isn't looking to sell.

At some point this gong show will have to end, but as long as the Wetenhalls have their heads in the sand not much to be done other than wait for the inevitable to happen.

mike2579

You know what would be a icing on the cake, with all the stuff going around about sexual harassment around the world, imagine the truth comes out and that would be the real reason why she left? I mean it’s the Montreal Alouettes...anything is possible
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

HfxTC

This fall, I befriended a classmate who used to be a CFLer (which I found out randomly). He told me that he thought that the Als with Andrew and Kavis at the helm were a mess and that he also feared the team would move to another city in 2-3 years if there wasn't a drastic change of direction.

The other thing that we both agreed was that it is a shame that businessmen in Montreal were more focused on MLB than on the Als, considering that it would cost roughly 15 M$ to buy the team from the Wetenhalls, compared to 500+ M$ to own a MLB team.
Rogers is letting go of the Jays, they can't handle the hundreds of million in losses every year. The idea of bringing an MLB ball club to Montreal and paying players in US funds is nuts and a non starter.

Users Online

90 Guests, 9 Users (13 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
cheater, Sidney, rshmglsky, Mightygoose, raymarkca, GHT120, J5V, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 130. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)