GHT120

Reggiemac

I would offer him a decent contract but not over the moon but we want a motivated player oNot someone with a bad attitude starting out. Like dont lowball him knowing he has no other opportunities. 

GHT120

I would offer him a decent contract but not over the moon but we want a motivated player oNot someone with a bad attitude starting out. Like dont lowball him knowing he has no other opportunities.
Maybe games played incentives on top of a decent but unspectacular salary.  If, for example purposes only, Als were looking at offering $150K then offer $90,000 with $15,000 for 6th game dressed, $15,000 for 10th game dressed, $15,000 for 14th game dressed and $15,000 for 18th game dressed; games on IRL count but deduct $2,000 for each.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Maybe games played incentives on top of a decent but unspectacular salary.  If, for example purposes only, Als were looking at offering $150K then offer $90,000 with $15,000 for 6th game dressed, $15,000 for 10th game dressed, $15,000 for 14th game dressed and $15,000 for 18th game dressed; games on IRL count but deduct $2,000 for each.
Yup, Muamba and his agent seem to have outsmarted themselves. They tried playing teams off of each other, so they would raise their offers to him.

Now it seems, the Als are the only ones interested in him. Reed has the advantage here. He needs to be tough and sign Muamba on his terms. He needs to make a stand and not cave in...
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

tony

I am still surprised this circus act is still going on.

HfxTC

Looks like Hardaway was using Reed to try and draw Winnipeg back in...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

everyman

I think Ottawa is in the picture now too with some obvious cap creating cuts. 
Thorpe and he have a relationship as well as long as Thorpe can convince him that he had no role in the Montreal decision to cut him.

okie

Looks like Hardaway was using Reed to try and draw Winnipeg back in...

Hardaway is using everybody against each other in order to get a better deal (however they define that).  If Muamba were actually satisfied with any of his previous offers, he would have signed already.

RichardVeilleux

As I wrote on March 26,2018, I am still convinced that Henoc Muamba has been signed by the Alouettes/Kavis Reed. I do think that Kavis waits for the opportune time to make the announcement.

If Henoc was unsigned and looking for a team that would sign him, I am positive that there would be rumours. Quiet on this front.

I could be proven wrong, but that's what I still think.

Richard

HfxTC

As I wrote on March 26,2018, I am still convinced that Henoc Muamba has been signed by the Alouettes/Kavis Reed. I do think that Kavis waits for the opportune time to make the announcement.

If Henoc was unsigned and looking for a team that would sign him, I am positive that there would be rumours. Quiet on this front.

I could be proven wrong, but that's what I still think.

Richard
It is possible Richard. Just seems to me that a team that has lost half its season ticket holders would use every opportunity at its disposal to motivate fans into buying tickets.

RichardVeilleux

I don't think that the Als fans will "flock" to the ticket offices if/when Kavis Reed announces the signing of Henoc Muamba; yes, a few may decide to sign but what is most crucial to the Organization is the first third of the 2018 season. The team will have to be competitive and entertaining; only then will the fans/season tickets holders will gradually return. 

I expect that Kavis Reed wants to know what Chip Cox will do,before announcing the signing of Henoc; I know, Henoc does not play at Chip's position, but it is nevertheless important to know the status of Chip. I definitely think that he will retire.

Mini-camp will be held next week and I expect some rookie Int. signings,particularly WR's and DB's,  before mini-camp begins.

Richard

HfxTC

I don't think that the Als fans will "flock" to the ticket offices if/when Kavis Reed announces the signing of Henoc Muamba; yes, a few may decide to sign but what is most crucial to the Organization is the first third of the 2018 season. The team will have to be competitive and entertaining; only then will the fans/season tickets holders will gradually return.

I expect that Kavis Reed wants to know what Chip Cox will do,before announcing the signing of Henoc; I know, Henoc does not play at Chip's position, but it is nevertheless important to know the status of Chip. I definitely think that he will retire.

Mini-camp will be held next week and I expect some rookie Int. signings,particularly WR's and DB's,  before mini-camp begins.

Richard
Off season moves absolutely effect the decision of Season ticket purchasers.

GHT120

Richard
I agree with both of you.
Off-season moves do impact season-ticket sales/renewals ... but it needs to be an "impact name" to do move the sticks in any significant manner. 

HfxTC

Richard
I agree with both of you.
Off-season moves do impact season-ticket sales/renewals ... but it needs to be an "impact name" to do move the sticks in any significant manner.
It is just one positive move, I don't see any reason why Reed would keep this "TOP SECRET" when the team is desperate to retain customers.

I agree with Richard that Cox will not be part of the Als. All these signings have to be paid from somewhere, guys like Cox and Logan don't make sense for a major rebuild like this.

Reggiemac

I doubt that we will see more WR signings, we already havesome good ones contracted as well as a couple Canadians coming in. I watch for the surprise signings of positions we arent looking for. Rich Stubler found Cameron Wake at a free agent tryout. He was just too impressive not to grab him. But the upcoming campis the minicampreally to give rookies a chance to pick up the routine a bit so they dont get lost at the main camp.

Users Online

94 Guests, 7 Users (8 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rshmglsky, robleggett, catfish, Google (AdSense), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 160. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)