HfxTC

The Riders have invited Tyler Johnstone tot the great Vegina to look over and shmooze. This guy is as athletic and pro ready Offensive Tackle as you will ever get in a Canadian draft. Will The Grand Pooba of the Water Buffalo Lodge chapter 425 sleepwalk through this?

http://3downnation.com/2018/06/29/offensive-lineman-tyler-johnstone-big-get-upcoming-cfl-supplemental-draft/
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

The guy has lots of potential, but his injury history is worrisome. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

The guy has lots of potential, but his injury history is worrisome.
Not so much. He's had a couple injuries, an ACL which many linesmen have had. Jourdain had one, the new kid they drafted two years ago had one, Our left tackle we had for years had two. His other injury is a broken foot. That is really on the coaching staff who sent him out on special teams without stretching to cover punts ! I'd take him in a minute.

GHT120

Since Als are all but a lock for next years' #1 pick, the choice all depends on what the forecast as available next year.  Als don't have their second rounder and while teams might not want to use their 2019 first, with all that has been written I doubt he makes it through two rounds.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

Since Als are all but a lock for next years' #1 pick, the choice all depends on what the forecast as available next year.  Als don't have their second rounder and while teams might not want to use their 2019 first, with all that has been written I doubt he makes it through two rounds.
You also have to keep in mind that next season is a new CBA... There could be changes to rookie salaries, could be a strike that postpones draft. I'd take the bird in hand. Anyway he's exactly what they need an OT.

okie

Als could always pick him up in today's draft and then flip him for something of value like a quarterback or a starter and replacement 1st round pick.  Perhaps Manziel or Masoli if they see nobody in the organization as a potential franchise QB?

idealsheldon

We picked him. We certainly can use an OT. Question is how long will it take to break him in.

Justin Dunk‏Verified account
@JDunk12

Canadian OL Tyler Johnstone selected by #AlsMTL in #CFL supplemental draft
http://3downnation.com/2018/07/02/canadian-ol-tyler-johnstone-selected-alouettes-supplemental-draft/ …

Four other teams also bid their 2019 1st round choice.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

GHT120

We picked him. We certainly can use an OT. Question is how long will it take to break him in ...
Four other teams also bid their 2019 1st round choice.
Hopefully Blake's injury and Fulton's ineptitude doesn't rush things.

OR

But, if four other teams were willing to give up their first I wonder how much else they would be willing to add to get him now? 

idealsheldon

Herb saying the 4 other teams who bid 1st round choices were Calg., Ott., Tor., Sask. Good to hear teams like Calg. and Ott. who already have strong National talent wanted him.

Aside from QB our biggest need is OT so I would hold on to him and hope he works out.

Reggiemac

It was reporteded that the Riders Had him in Regina, tampering?

HfxTC

It was reporteded that the Riders Had him in Regina, tampering?
It is unethical but tolerated by the league. Worked out great for the Als, they got to meet with him on the Riders Credit Card  ;)

Very good and gutsy move by Reed. They are desperate to rebuild their offensive line. This guy would have gone number one in this year's draft and next years draft is lean on offensive linesmen. Plus all the other unknowns coming down the pipe in 2019. Not surprised most of the league was willing to give up their top pick next season for him.

Now go and sign him :)...

Niagara Als

Herb saying the 4 other teams who bid 1st round choices were Calg., Ott., Tor., Sask. Good to hear teams like Calg. and Ott. who already have strong National talent wanted him.

Aside from QB our biggest need is OT so I would hold on to him and hope he works out.
This was a good pick as, he has been around long enough for the staff to know what they are now getting, which might not be the case in the 2019 draft. The really great OT's will likely go to the NFL then and, in the last two drafts we did not get a starter. Getting a starting OT can be difficult with the NFL intrusion being a real factor in draft planning. Tyler Johnstone just might have starter talent in 2019 and, with his joining the Als now ( or the near future ) we are likely  to firm up the OT talent for the rest of this season.

G Man

Adding Johnstone, then hopefully having a recovered Schiltz or newly acquired Adams win over the starting position.. that would represent a real shot in arm for the offense, help where it was needed most.

They just may have a shot at being favorites next time they face a rookie QB  ;)

Johnny Ticat slayer

When is Reed gonna sign Johnstone?! We need help on the o-line effin yesterday! 

HfxTC

When is Reed gonna sign Johnstone?! We need help on the o-line effin yesterday!
He got married this weekend, I assume he's on his Honeymoon. We should hear something in the next couple weeks.

Users Online

50 Guests, 3 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
OskeeweeneeVI, MadJack, Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)