Poll

How the Alouettes Should Make use of a New Roof at  Olympic Stadium

Move back on a permanent Basis for all games
8%
2 (8%)
Only host Grey Cup games there
24%
6 (24%)
Host one regular season game there and all playoff games.
32%
8 (32%)
Never leave Percival Molson for ANY reason EVER
16%
4 (16%)
Just tear down Olympic Stadium and use the $$$ to build the Als a new stadium
20%
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closes: May 22 2018, 06:03 PM

GHT120

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/03/us/detroit-silverdome-implosion-attempt/index.html

And unlike the Big Owe, which they say can't be imploded because of the use of cable-tensionned concrete, they expected the Silverdome to tumble.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

The Last Word

$600 million would build a nice stadium but it would not be domed or nearly as big as Olympic Stadium.  You also need to factor in the cost of several hundred million dollars to demolish it as well as it sits atop the subway station.  A new stadium, aquatic centre (to replace the one lost in the hypothetical destruction of Olympic Stadium) and demolition of the big - owe would likely hit well over a billion dollars.

Niagara Als

A hockey note: I read today that Seattle Washington will be building a new hockey rink and, will likely be getting an NHL franchise in the near future which. Add Los Vages into this and, is seems now that the effort of Quebec City getting a franchise back is unlikely. I doubt the existing American owners of hockey franchises would be interested into sponsoring another Canadian city into this mix. Too bad for the City,and fans which built a solid hockey arena in Quebec

GHT120

A hockey note: I read today that Seattle Washington will be building a new hockey rink and, will likely be getting an NHL franchise in the near future which. Add Los Vages into this and, is seems now that the effort of Quebec City getting a franchise back is unlikely. I doubt the existing American owners of hockey franchises would be interested into sponsoring another Canadian city into this mix. Too bad for the City,and fans which built a solid hockey arena in Quebec
Seattle makes a ton of sense, but there ***may*** also be a need for somewhere for one of the LOW attendance teams (NYI, Carolina, Florida) to move if the NHL finally decides the market is not sustainable.

Users Online

87 Guests, 9 Users (13 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
cheater, Sidney, rshmglsky, Mightygoose, raymarkca, GHT120, J5V, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 130. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)