cividan

Maybe if Logan is injured we will finally try someone  with speed (and young) as kick returner...

Something decent might come out of this game If this happen...
#AlsMTL

Johnny Ticat slayer

Maybe its time for a firing?
Johnny would cut him immediately! This is his second season of sub par performance.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

Beaulieu for the RB's looked very happy with some great fullback receptions late in the day. It appears his trade to the RB's worked well for this team, Als lost this trade.
I'm hesitant to call out any player on Montreal's offense. These guys have seen 13 qb's and seven different OC, five different HC in the last five years.

It isn't normal that a big tough 1000 yard receiver like Ernest Jackson completely disappears off the map of the top 100 CFL receivers. Sutton is reduced to 40 yards a game.

Look at the communications Ottawa had with their OC and among each other when their offense was on the field and compare that to Montreal. It is night and day.

I was looking at Fulton on the line yesterday and he's smaller by a lot compared to the Als guards !
He should not be there. Now hopefully Tyler Johnstone will be able to come in and start by Labor day. He is getting married today so assuming Kavis can sign him, he should be in Montreal within a couple weeks.

As for Williams tearing his groin and Logan sustaining a major leg injury this is more bad news because they were the only two players moving the ball.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

There were less than 17000 people at the game last night. The fans are sick of this garbage! Things are only gonna get worse. 

Will we see crowds of 10k-12k this season? This organisation deserves the lack of enthusiasm from the fans. The Wetenhalls have destroyed this once glorious team. 

Johnny Ticat slayer

As for Williams tearing his groin and Logan sustaining a major leg injury this is more bad news because they were the only two players moving the ball.
If Williams is out for a few games, this offense will be even more pathetic. They will now struggle to score 10 points per game! 

HfxTC

There were less than 17000 people at the game last night. The fans are sick of this garbage! Things are only gonna get worse.

Will we see crowds of 10k-12k this season? This organisation deserves the lack of enthusiasm from the fans. The Wetenhalls have destroyed this once glorious team.
Hate to say I was right but you can't keep expecting people to pay good money to see a team win a game every two or three years and put up 10 to 19 points on the score board at home.

Their game last night other than the second quarter on defense is the best they played, there is a progression, it is going to take time and until the QB and Oline is competent, they won't win games. 

Once Johnstone is inserted in the starting lineup, the Als should consider dressing a second big American Running back, they need to be able to sustain a punishing running game. They have not been able to do that for some reason. Probably because most of the Oline is out of shape. They can get four or five good push early and then the gas tank is empty.

mike2579

I applied for season tickets in 2002 and only got them in 2004 because there was a “waiting list”....boy have times changed. 
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

Reggiemac

And our hit and miss defence gets two stops negated by stupid penalties. One was a QB sack even.

GHT120

Maybe if Logan is injured we will finally try someone  with speed (and young) as kick returner...

Something decent might come out of this game If this happen...
Never happy to see someone injured, but I have been for replacing Logan for some time.  The good returns he has had this season have (to my eyes) been his running through open field, not generating the open field himself.  When face-to-face with opponents he does not seem to be any threat to beat them. Even if a youngster is no better at least they have the possibility of either getting better or contributing at whatever their non-ST position might be (Logan at RB is not often productive).
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

GHT120

In 4 games, Ernest Jackson has 8 receptions for 114 yards. This guy is useless! Reed can't find anybody better?!

The money he is paying Jackson could have been used for Olafioye.  ::)
Problem was JO was playing, and getting paid, as a LT but is really a RT ... I suspect he would not have been a significant upgrade and the OL would still be an issue.

tony

And of the 16700 fans, how many were RB fans?
Noticed a few in the stands.

Take them out of that number and how many are left for the ALS?

tony

And our hit and miss defence gets two stops negated by stupid penalties. One was a QB sack even.
Bingo.  Costly penalties.
Still continues to be an issue.
How many years now?! 

okie

I thought in passing situations and lining up 3 DL, the Als would insert either Chip Cox or Dondre Wright.  They did neither and played Najee Murray who I believe was the neg list player the team received from BC for Brandon Rutley.

Last week, Chip Cox played and guarded the gunner in punt formation.  I do not remember seeing him or Dondre Wright at all against the Redblacks.

Ernest Jackson should be playing slotback.  Thought they learned their lesson last year.  Not sure why he still lines up too often as a receiver.

Xavier Fulton is in fact relatively light for his position.  I think Joey Alfieri at one time said he was around 270.

Als actually dressed 4 running backs: Tyrell Sutton, Ryder Stone, Stefan Logan, and William Stanback.

It would not surprise me if Jeff Mathews was banged up enough that the team has a different starting QB next week.

We all expected the offense to be bad.  What is more disappointing is how poorly the defense is.  It would be one thing if the defense was producing 2 and Outs early in the game, but then tiring as the game progresses.  Instead, teams are taking drives in the 1st quarter and marching down the field and scoring without much if any resistance.

Johnny Ticat slayer

I applied for season tickets in 2002 and only got them in 2004 because there was a “waiting list”....boy have times changed.
Apply for season tickets now. There is no waiting list! There's always a bright side.  ;D

Johnny Ticat slayer

We all expected the offense to be bad.  What is more disappointing is how poorly the defense is.  It would be one thing if the defense was producing 2 and Outs early in the game, but then tiring as the game progresses.  Instead, teams are taking drives in the 1st quarter and marching down the field and scoring without much if any resistance.
Ah yes, the classic Stubler bend, bend, bend and then shatter defence.  ::)

Users Online

58 Guests, 0 Users (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (AdSense), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)