RichardVeilleux

Kavis Reed will be back/will remain with the Als. Based on? Common sense!  There won't be changes every season just to please some.

Richard

tony

Well maybe when Robert W sees all the empty seats meaning lost $$ in his pocket. Attendance has dropped each game to 18305 last home game.
Maybe with his GM awarding that contract to Durant and possibly not making the playoffs.
Six years and counting of mediocrity or worse, perhaps common sense may play into the decision.
Results should be the key.
Right now 3-7 with a QB being paid huge money and ranked near the bottom, spotlight should be on Reed.
Time will tell.

okie

People keep talking like Durant is the highest paid QB in the CFL.  He is not.  An established QB veteran starter in the CFL gets at least what Durant is being paid.  His salary is actually in the lower range for starters.  Unfortunately, so is his productivity.

While the offense did not play well against the Redblacks, the problem was beyond Durant's control.  There was no way the Als could have won with that Offensive Line.

Here is what Ryan Phillips posted 2 days ago in reaction to the game.  (You can determine for yourselves whether Phillips is an objective observer.)

"As I watched the Montreal vs Ottawa game I wonder how long this is gonna keep up? Same guys getting beat but they continue to play. They had myself and Jovon Johnson in camp & choose to go elsewhere but the moves aren't paying off. I don't know who to blame. Regardless of blame the results aren't kicking in. Barely any int's or big plays and can't get off on 2nd down. It's just hard to watch."

Johnny Ticat slayer

People keep talking like Durant is the highest paid QB in the CFL.  He is not.  An established QB veteran starter in the CFL gets at least what Durant is being paid.  His salary is actually in the lower range for starters.  Unfortunately, so is his productivity.

While the offense did not play well against the Redblacks, the problem was beyond Durant's control.  There was no way the Als could have won with that Offensive Line.

Here is what Ryan Phillips posted 2 days ago in reaction to the game.  (You can determine for yourselves whether Phillips is an objective observer.)

"As I watched the Montreal vs Ottawa game I wonder how long this is gonna keep up? Same guys getting beat but they continue to play. They had myself and Jovon Johnson in camp & choose to go elsewhere but the moves aren't paying off. I don't know who to blame. Regardless of blame the results aren't kicking in. Barely any int's or big plays and can't get off on 2nd down. It's just hard to watch."
Phillips might not be objective, but it doesn't mean he's wrong. Who is on the roster is the responsibility of Kavis Reed. He has kept some old players who are not doing the job, and has cut others who could most likely still be productive.

Kavis Reed has done a bad job so far.   >:(

And whatever Durant is getting paid is almost irrelevant. He is playing badly. Yes, the offensive line shares some of the blame.

Again, Kavis Reed put an emphasis on playing 2 internationals on the offensive line. But, he failed to find quality international backups in case of injuries. So again, bad work!
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

Well maybe when Robert W sees all the empty seats meaning lost $$ in his pocket. Attendance has dropped each game to 18305 last home game.
Maybe with his GM awarding that contract to Durant and possibly not making the playoffs.
Six years and counting of mediocrity or worse, perhaps common sense may play into the decision.
Results should be the key.
Right now 3-7 with a QB being paid huge money and ranked near the bottom, spotlight should be on Reed.
Time will tell.
Does anyone know the number of season tickets sold for this season? That would give us the minimum attendance for each game.

It would be interesting to see, how the "walk up" ticket sales go down as the season progresses.

Watch for the season ticket sales to go down in the offseason.

Pocho

A truly terrible game and what can we expect? Only Hamilton might be worse now that the RB's seem on the right track again. Some drastic decision must be made soon or the team is finished. I too worry about the attendance figures.  :(

tony

People keep talking like Durant is the highest paid QB in the CFL.  He is not.  An established QB veteran starter in the CFL gets at least what Durant is being paid.  His salary is actually in the lower range for starters.  Unfortunately, so is his productivity.

While the offense did not play well against the Redblacks, the problem was beyond Durant's control.  There was no way the Als could have won with that Offensive Line.

Here is what Ryan Phillips posted 2 days ago in reaction to the game.  (You can determine for yourselves whether Phillips is an objective observer.)

Who said he was the highest paid QB? 

Users Online

163 Guests, 16 Users (16 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
EastVanMark, Hamilton2005, safetyblitz, raymarkca, DavidThompson, bobo82, Mightygoose, leviadon, argonutII, BillyDee87, papazoola, Dr.Whiskey, DogsFan, PTBO Dave, habcat, sportsfan100, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)