GHT120

Seriously, how much longer with Reed and Chaps?!
Clearly 4-2 run last year was a combination of a new voice leading the locker room, "dead-cat bounce" and the traditional "we're out of it so there is no pressure".
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

tony

Lets play a game! What washed up quarterback will be attending camp in 2018? Go! Travis Lulay
Glenn!
Wait, he's doing better than Durant so far and for half the money.

HfxTC

Clearly 4-2 run last year was a combination of a new voice leading the locker room, "dead-cat bounce" and the traditional "we're out of it so there is no pressure".

Vernon Adams had nothing to do with it at all :o
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

GHT120

How much longer with overpaid, under performing, aging vets like Cox, Giguere, Durant, Logan ... even Bowman ... who are supposed to be leading the team

tony

Lets play a game! What washed up quarterback will be attending camp in 2018? Go! Travis Lulay
Think the game should be,
What wannabe GM can Wettenhal bring in that could not make it with another CFL team?
And add a wannabe HC that no other CFL team would give that position to?

GHT120

Vernon Adams had nothing to do with it at all :o
About as much as Jonathan Crompton in the games he won with the Als.

HfxTC

Enjoy Drew Willy...

GHT120

Als should just run the "victory formation" for the remainder of the game .... at least they wouldn't give up any more sacks.

Niagara Als

Its being difficult to be positive about this team. They were behind Ottawa from the opening of the game, the outlook is quite poor.

tony

Durant 12-21. 140 yards
0 TD's. 1 INT

Offense has failed to score a TD in two of their last three games.

GHT120

Nik Lewis looks disheartened on RDS post-game..

Admits there are injuries but straight out says that replacements have to step up, clearly saying without saying they aren't.

Criticizes teammates who rant at refs: "forget the refs and just step up and make plays"

Admits they are going backwards.

Says he has to be more vocal and hold people accountable ....... Maybe he should be HC.

okie

Winner last night was decided when Jovan Olafioye was scratched.  Last week, the Als almost pulled of a miracle win with Kristian Matte at LT and Chris Greaves at RG.  This week, reality set in.  Game became out of hand when Jonathon Mincy left the game as the Als ended up as their corners: Tevaughn Campbell and Michael Carter.

Even if both Olafioye and Mincy were healthy, it is not hard to imagine that the Als would have found a way to lose anyway.

Looks like the only way the Als have a chance at making the playoffs this year is if either the Argos or Redblacks lose their starting QB for multiple weeks.

idealsheldon

This has obviously become one very poor football team. Biggest issues are the offensive line - injuries haven`t helped - and receivers not getting open. Not sure if this is on the receivers or the schemes. Probably a bit of both.

If Trevor Harris was running the Als offense yesterday I doubt if he could have done much better than Durant and Willy.

Until these 2 areas show improvement, the team will continue to struggle. And unfortunately I cannot see how they can easily be fixed.

Have a fun and safe Labour Day weekend everyone!
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

okie

When Jovan Olafioye was taken off the starting lineup and the Als were forced to use 3 non-imports on the OL, the team could have used 4 imports in 5-receiver formations.  But since the change was made so late, the team was not prepared for the ratio change.  So instead, Samuel Giguère started and played the whole game while George Johnson came in when Oumar Touré went out. 

Then in the 2nd half, Als ended up using a use a 2nd non-import at CB for a total of 4 on defense and 5 on offense.

tony

This has obviously become one very poor football team. Biggest issues are the offensive line - injuries haven`t helped - and receivers not getting open. Not sure if this is on the receivers or the schemes. Probably a bit of both.

If Trevor Harris was running the Als offense yesterday I doubt if he could have done much better than Durant and Willy.

Until these 2 areas show improvement, the team will continue to struggle. And unfortunately I cannot see how they can easily be fixed.

Have a fun and safe Labour Day weekend everyone!
Thought Willy managed to move around a little more than Durant despite the O Line.
I am not sure what it is with Durant but he is hesitant, trying to hard to force the ball in.
Maybe he needs to sit for a game and watch.
Maybe it's Chaps play calling which does not lend itself to Durant.

What I do know is this team is not further ahead of last year and has declined since the beginning of this season.
Sure there are injuries, Every team has them.

The lack of depth, the lack of play calling, the lack of ability to adjust and the one thing I have yet to point out, COSTLY penalties.
73 yards on the one RB possession basically putting the RB in the end zone.
This is completely unacceptable and I point the finger right t Chaps for lack of control.

To me, this team is going nowhere with Reed as the GM and Chaps at HC.

The question now is, do they hang in until the end of this season? Probably yes given the money being spent.

$400k for Durant ...  :'(

Users Online

169 Guests, 13 Users (20 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rpaege, bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, danoc_86, RichardVeilleux, Google (20)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)