okie

Kavis Reed has mentioned multiple times about needing to develop quarterbacks the proper way.  The term proper to me sounds like at least a couple of years on the bench for Matt Shiltz and Antonio Pipkin provided they even last that long on the roster.  I am fairly certain that next year's starting QB will be labeled as some team's discard.

In Herb Zurkowsky's recent article, Noel Thorpe and John Bowman were saying the Defense is fine and that the reason for low number of sacks this year is due to QB's getting the ball out in 2 seconds when they play Montreal.  Thorpe must be counting on the trend of dinking & dunking to continue which hopefully lessens the number of opportunities Tevaughn Campbell can get burned by a big play.

Note that what Thorpe said does not exactly match the words of Jacques Chapdelaine who earlier this season said the team needed a better push on the defensive line.  Team then altered the ratio just to play import DT Ray Drew but then cut him a few weeks later.  That hardly sounds like the team is satisfied with the defensive line. 

Chapdelaine also said he likes Davon Walls and is excited to see him play.  So, it sounds like the Als are going to be patient and give him every opportunity to show he is worthy of being a starting import DT.

I would be surprised if Sean Jamieson is a starter.  Chapdelaine told reporters that Jamieson was just getting practice with the starters in case there is an unexpected injury on the offensive line.

I do expect Tiquan Underwood to be in uniform.  If that is the case, then it will be interesting to see if the Als prefer George Johnson or Samuel Giguère at non-import receiver.   

idealsheldon

Mathieu Boulay in Le Journal saying Ivan McLennan will dress instead of Tiquan Underwood.

If that`s the case, good luck on offense with that Jacques!
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

okie

If the Als are going to scrap the idea of going non-import at DE, does it matter who is the backup?  When Ivan McLennan dressed previously, he was only on the field for something like 25% of the defensive plays.  Is he that much better of a reserve compared to Jesse Joseph considering the Als have to sit Tiquan Underwood as a result?

idealsheldon

If the Als are going to scrap the idea of going non-import at DE, does it matter who is the backup?  When Ivan McLennan dressed previously, he was only on the field for something like 25% of the defensive plays.  Is he that much better of a reserve compared to Jesse Joseph considering the Als have to sit Tiquan Underwood as a result?
Thinking it over, they might want to use 3 Internationals on the d-line. In that case there is no room for Underwood unfortunately. Also because of International Lewis on the o-line.

idealsheldon

I also expect to see Durant on a shorter leash if he has trouble moving the offense. In his defense he is lacking the weapons other CFL QBs have.

So those of you who are anxiously awaiting to see Drew Willy, you might get your wish in the 2nd half.

RichardVeilleux

As Sheldon wrote, Mathieu Boulay of Journal de Montreal expect that the 2 healthy scratches will be Int. WR Tiquan Underwood and Int. DB Brandon Stewart; he also writes that Int. DE Ivan McLennan will play mostly on special teams.Since there will be 4 Int. DL dressed, I presume that they will play mostly 4-3 defence.

"Just win". I don't care how or by how much.

Richard

tony

I also expect to see Durant on a shorter leash if he has trouble moving the offense. In his defense he is lacking the weapons other CFL QBs have.

So those of you who are anxiously awaiting to see Drew Willy, you might get your wish in the 2nd half.
Not anxious to see Willy. 

GHT120

Campbell got what he deserved for the last second challenge flag.
No penalty and the "replay" results in a fumble.
LOL
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

tony

Why is Giguere still on the team?!
Can he catch a ball?! 

GHT120

Giguere sure ain't Jiggy with it.

May be time to give George Johnson his job, save some $$$ and get another young National into the lineup

GHT120

And Cox takes a stupid penalty

Fine veteran example for the youngster Sarao, who was equally stupid on the next play

mike2579

Mon dieu the stadium is empty...
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

GHT120

Mon dieu Cox takes ANOTHER penalty
Probably good, he was beat like a drum otherwise.

hercules130

Ottawa does not even have to make play. Montreal's penalties bring them all along the field.
"Go Alouettes!" - Dan Marino, October 2011

mike2579

This team is officially lost and hopeless. "It must of been love but it's over now" should be played at the stadium. 

Users Online

168 Guests, 13 Users (20 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rpaege, bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, danoc_86, RichardVeilleux, Google (20)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)