Pocho

The Als I guess, still have  a few wins in store since the East, apart from Toronto as long as Ray isn't hurt, will face a Hamilton team who couldn't win a Vanier Cup and an Ottawa team who's still not out of the woods IMHO. Against the West we may see a win though I doubt it will happen. Having said that, there's always the question of injuries which can be a decisive factor for all teams till the end of the season.

idealsheldon

On his radio segment this morning Chapdelaine said DT Davon Walls would be dressing this week.

While they liked Drew in training camp, they were not happy with his production in games.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

RichardVeilleux

Thank you for the information,Sheldon.

Since there will be 3 spots/places on practice roster, I expect,unless new players are signed, that some players from roster or injured list will go to the practice roster; to me,the candidates are:

Nat. WR Seydou Junior Haidara, from 1 game injured list to practice roster.

1 of Nat. WR's Stephen and Scott MacDonnell from active roster to practice roster.

Int. DB/LB Jalen rogers from active roster to practice roster.

Richard

idealsheldon

Joey Alfieri
@joeyalfieri

7m7 minutes ago
More

Tevaughn Campbell, who the Als acquired for Vernon Adams, is starting at field corner #AlsMTL

This will probably allow the Als to dress WR Tiquan Underwood.

And Campbell will obviously be tested by the Redblacks.

RichardVeilleux

As per today's CFL transactions, the Als have:

Added Int. DT Davon Walls to active roster, from practice roster.

Added Nat. WR Scott MacDonell to practice roster,from active roster.

Added Nat. LS Chad Bushley to practice roster.

Richard

G Man

I understand inheriting a bad team, a few bad trades we'll chalk up for inexperience (even if just bad judgement), switching up use of ratio, then injuries hitting the already suspect Canadian depth... and despite all that, were within a few bad ref calls and/or last minutes plays of have a winning record.
It's tough.

But what's tougher to me as a fan, is losing PLUS no hope towards the future at QB.. not that I've been able to see yet anyway. If they lose a few more and are truly out of it, my fear is they keep "prized" signing Durant on the field all year long unless he's injured.. at which point there really will be no point in watching.

idealsheldon

The Als do have 2 young QBs they are working with - Shiltz and Pipkin. Shiltz was put on the roster this week. Can they develop into future starting QBs? No idea. But I believe the team is aware of the need to develop one.  

At this point in their career you can`t throw them into the fire, and Durant still gives the team the best chance at badly needed wins.

But with our recent QB history, the natural reaction from fans I guess is that the team is guilty until proven innocent in developing QBs.

And hey there might be one available down the 401 and QEW at the end of the season with the initials Z.C.

slimjim2

The Als do have 2 young QBs they are working with - Shiltz and Pipkin. Shiltz was put on the roster this week. Can they develop into future starting QBs? No idea. But I believe the team is aware of the need to develop one.  

At this point in their career you can`t throw them into the fire, and Durant still gives the team the best chance at badly needed wins.

But with our recent QB history, the natural reaction from fans I guess is that the team is guilty until proven innocent in developing QBs.

And hey there might be one available down the 401 and QEW at the end of the season with the initials Z.C.
Could be another underperforming Durant with a fat contract or another QB the Ticats ran out of town - with the initials AC 

idealsheldon

Could be another underperforming Durant with a fat contract or another QB the Ticats ran out of town - with the initials AC
I personally think Collaros is still a very good QB whose confidence is shot because of a hard ass Head Coach.

And Masoli is set to become a free agent in Feb., so it will be interesting to see what develops at QB in Hamilton.

RichardVeilleux

Based on tomorrow's depth chart -available on REDBLACKS site,since they always include their own chart and the opponent one- a few changes since yesterday; they are:

Int. WR Tiquan Underwood added to active roster from 1 game injured list.
Int. DE Ivan McLennan added to active roster from practice roster.
Nat. WR Seydou Junior Haidara added to active roster from 1 game injured list.

Int. RB Brandon Rutley added to disabled from active roster.
Int.DB Jalen Rogers added to practice roster from active roster.
Nat. S Michael Charland added to practice roster from active roster.

On active roster 25 Int. and 21 Nat. players, meaning that 2 Int. players will be healthy scratches. A few options. I presume that Int. DE McLennan will be 1 scratch and the other 1 could be Int. WR Underwood or an Int. DB.

Richard

idealsheldon

DT Bryan Hall has just been released from a pretty loaded Calgary defensive line.

If Davon Walls does not impress, Hall would be someone the Als should take a look at.

idealsheldon

Eric Leblanc on the RDS site saying Tevaughn Campbell will be starting at field corner replacing Brandon Stewart.

Campbell will be going up against Diontae Spencer, so will need lots of speed and lots of luck.

GHT120

So the Als would go from A to Z?
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

idealsheldon

So the Als would go from A to Z?
Good one. :)

RichardVeilleux

I could be wrong, but I now say that the healthy scratches against the REDBLACKS will be:

Int. DE Ivan McLellan.
Int. DB/CB Brandon Stewart.

If Nat Tevaugh Campbell does start at CB, this will enable the Als to start/play 3 Int. defensive linemen-Bowman,Knaptonand Walls when 4-3 defence-.

On offence, when or if the Als play 4 Int. WR's, Nat. OL Sean Jamieson will replace Int. Jeremy Lewis. Tuesday, Mathieu Boulay of Journal de MTL wrote that Jamieson was practicing with the starters.

Richard

Users Online

163 Guests, 15 Users (20 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, raymarkca, BillyDee87, danoc_86, Mightygoose, rpaege, bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, sully, Niagara Als, Google (20)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)