Poll

Quand les Alouettes fermeront-ils les portes?

Cette année.

0 (0%)
Avant le début de la saison 2018.

0 (0%)
Après la saison 2018 mais avant 2019.
12.5%
2 (12.5%)
Avant la saison 2019.
18.8%
3 (18.8%)
Après 2019.
12.5%
2 (12.5%)
Les Alouettes ne fermeront pas.
56.3%
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

LeStaf

Si la tendance se maintient, nous parleront hélas bientôt des Alouettes au passé.  À quel moment d'après vous ce moment arrivera?
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

idealsheldon

Maybe I`m naive, but I feel certain there will always be someone willing to accept the challenge of owning the Als. Our friend M.Tremblay even mentioned names awhile back.

The CFL and even our mayor Kodak Codere would not let the franchise die. As I`ve mentioned previously, a guy like Geoff Molson might even jump in as a civic duty. He already has a marketing machine in place, and hey the stadium is in his name.

The bigger question is how long we have to suffer with the Wetenhalls before they give up or are told to give up. And when I say Wetenhalls, my finger is directly pointed at Andrew.

It`s kind of ironic that the very same owners who resurrected the Alouette franchise are in the process of destroying it.

I`m not always right, I just think I am.

LeStaf

Maybe I`m naive, but I feel certain there will always be someone willing to accept the challenge of owning the Als. Our friend M.Tremblay even mentioned names awhile back.

The CFL and even our mayor Kodak Codere would not let the franchise die. As I`ve mentioned previously, a guy like Geoff Molson might even jump in as a civic duty. He already has a marketing machine in place, and hey the stadium is in his name.

The bigger question is how long we have to suffer with the Wetenhalls before they give up or are told to give up. And when I say Wetenhalls, my finger is directly pointed at Andrew.

It`s kind of ironic that the very same owners who resurrected the Alouette franchise are in the process of destroying it.
Molson et Coderre n'en ont rien à cirer.  Molson a déjà abandonné les Alouettes en ne s'investissant pas assez pour garder sa concession au stade et Coderre ne demande pas mieux que les Alouettes (9 à 12 parties par année) disparaissent pour mieux faire renaître les Expos (81 parties par année).

Je ne crois pas que quelqu'un du Montréal Inc. s'intéresse aux Alouettes, ni de près, ni de loin.

Ironie du sort? Oui et non.  Charles Bronfman avait failli dans sa tentative de sauver le football à Montréal.

Ce n'est que lorsque les Alouettes seront fermés que les gens réaliseront ce qu'ils ont perdu.  Il sera alors trop tard... jusqu'à la prochaine renaissance 10 ans plus tard.

Stangbang

I voted that they are here to stay but then again I was optimistic and the beggining of the season that my team was heading in the right direction with the new GM + HC + QB.Now I can't beleive how low the team has gotten and if this isn't rock bottom I don't know what is.

idealsheldon

I voted that they are here to stay but then again I was optimistic and the beggining of the season that my team was heading in the right direction with the new GM + HC + QB.Now I can't beleive how low the team has gotten and if this isn't rock bottom I don't know what is.
Hey don`t feel bad, I honestly felt the same way. I didn`t consider Durant elite, but certainly thought he would be good enough to allow the Als to compete for a playoff spot. And I also drank the Chapdelaine, Jackson, Olafioye Kool Aid.

But things turned quickly the moment Kavis cut Bear Woods. And as the season progressed you could easily see the Als talent level was not up to elite team standards. Woods was cut, yet Chip Cox, one of my favorites, was kept despite being a shadow of his former self.

Name one International rookie that has been truly impressive, not just serviceable? There isn`t one. And the team`s 1st National draft selection hasn`t even seen the field.

Kavis and his staff are simply over their heads. And having missed the boat with Sunderland, the only 2 GM possibilities out there are Hervey and Barker, with both having baggage attached.

I look forward to someone interviewing Andrew. "So Andrew how do you think the season has gone?"

HfxTC

Hervey has likely learned an important business lesson. However his Canadian drafts are less than impressive. Barker has more baggage than chins but he is a great scout of talent.

Anyway. I doubt either is interested in getting dragged around by the Banker.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

RichardVeilleux

So Sheldon, how do you think Andrew Wetenhall would answer your question/question of the Media: "how do you think  the season has gone?'

Andrew Wetenhall is brighter than most of you may think and I am 100% positive that him and his dad have tried/are trying to do what's best for the Alouettes fans. At the beginning of the season almost 100% of members on this forum  along with the Media applauded what was done. Now almost all of these persons are trowing rocks at them. Count me out!

For me, the two main factors explaining the results are injuries to players,particularly Nationals, and the bad play of Durant. I am hearing the same/old "rengaines' : other teams have had injuries. Yes, but none as bad as the Als on their Nat. players. For 6 weeks, ten Nationals were on 6 game injured list, including 3 of the 5 Nat. offensive linemen. These injuries started with the first game in Winnipeg and since then the results have been awful. For the first 5 games, less than 1 sack a game was allowed; since then, an average of 3 per game. A team like Edmonton has had injuries, but their QB was exceptional and allowed his team to win games. Not the case with Durant. Put Durant in Edmonton and Reilly in Montreal and the results would be worse for Edmonton and better for Montreal.

What will happen in 2018 regarding Kavis Reed? I don't know and won't speculate but it would be a bad move to fire/replace him.

Many veterans will be replaced in 2018 and most of them are/will be high paid players; won't be difficult to replace. Plenty of dollars will be available to re-sign our potential free agents-Blake and Ackie to name a few; furthermore, it will be easier to sign free agents from other teams.

I know that most if not all of you disagree with me, but I don't care. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

Enough said.

Richard

Johnny Ticat slayer

So Sheldon, how do you think Andrew Wetenhall would answer your question/question of the Media: "how do you think  the season has gone?'

Andrew Wetenhall is brighter than most of you may think and I am 100% positive that him and his dad have tried/are trying to do what's best for the Alouettes fans. At the beginning of the season almost 100% of members on this forum  along with the Media applauded what was done. Now almost all of these persons are trowing rocks at them. Count me out!

For me, the two main factors explaining the results are injuries to players,particularly Nationals, and the bad play of Durant. I am hearing the same/old "rengaines' : other teams have had injuries. Yes, but none as bad as the Als on their Nat. players. For 6 weeks, ten Nationals were on 6 game injured list, including 3 of the 5 Nat. offensive linemen. These injuries started with the first game in Winnipeg and since then the results have been awful. For the first 5 games, less than 1 sack a game was allowed; since then, an average of 3 per game. A team like Edmonton has had injuries, but their QB was exceptional and allowed his team to win games. Not the case with Durant. Put Durant in Edmonton and Reilly in Montreal and the results would be worse for Edmonton and better for Montreal.

What will happen in 2018 regarding Kavis Reed? I don't know and won't speculate but it would be a bad move to fire/replace him.

Many veterans will be replaced in 2018 and most of them are/will be high paid players; won't be difficult to replace. Plenty of dollars will be available to re-sign our potential free agents-Blake and Ackie to name a few; furthermore, it will be easier to sign free agents from other teams.

I know that most if not all of you disagree with me, but I don't care. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

Enough said.

Richard

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

mike2579

Guess there is still someone on board the Alouettes/Kavis ship...
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

idealsheldon

Richard while I admire your loyalty to ownership, I think it`s a little misplaced.

Andrew may be bright, but he's a meddling owner - hired Kavis over Sunderland to keep Chapdelaine, yet fires Chapdelaine mid-season.

Bottom line is the talent on this team is weak, and Kavis is not the guy capable of rebuilding it.

HfxTC

Enough said.

Richard
Do you have any idea, how hard it will be to sign quality free agents from other teams for Kavis Reed?

Seriously the money in the CFL is very similar from team to team, offers vary rarely by more than 20k a year. This team will be the last place players want to come to. Had Reed showed one iota of interest towards the future I would agree with you to give him another season. But that is suicide.

But you are the ONLY poster in this forum that believes Kavis Reed can rebuild a ball club. the 3/4 of this roster needs to be replaced. You can only bring about 70 players to camp. If you think Reed will find 15 to 20 capable CFL'ers in the off season, you don't know this game as well as you think you do.

As for Wetenhall being smart. What the frack does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Smarts has nothing to do with the qualities to own a football team. His input in Football decisions should be ZERO, yet he's picking HC and GM's.

This team is in trouble because the owner is a meddler, the President knows nothing about football and the GM has zero experience building a ball club.Total experience of this entire group is less than some individuals in this league.

You are the chief apologist on this forum and that's fine but your not going to sell your BS to anybody.

HfxTC

Enough said.

Richard

I always figured the Wetenhall were paying him to post his drivel in here.

mike2579

He is talking as a fan and not being realistic. He still has hopes and dreams that this team will one day turn the corner. With the people that are in place now, well that will never happen. I know some of the biggest fans that have been around since 1996 that have thrown in the towel. I think the Alouettes pay Richard to come write nice stuff here. 

LeStaf

Je trouve plutôt mesquin de penser que Richard est payé pour écrire ce genre de propos.  Qui serions-nous pour avancer ce genre de ragot?  À quoi sert ce genre de procès-d'intention?

On peut être d'accord ou pas avec les propos de Richard, mais je ne vois pas dans sa loyauté un brin trop indéfectible envers les décisions de l'organisation une raison de l'invectiver de cette manière.  Critiquez ses propos comme HfxTC l'a fait, ce sera de bonne guerre.  Mais laissons les bassesses à d'autres, SVP.

Pour ma part, si Richard a de bons points dans son analyse de la situation, il demeure qu'objectivement, la présente saison a montré à quel point les décisions de personnel de Kavis Reed et Joe Mack a torpillé la profondeur de l'équipe.  Les blessures sont une chose, mais un bon DG doit s'assurer d'avoir des solutions de rechange viables.  Les Alouettes ont laissé aller Jacob Ruby, Mitchell White, Jake Piotrowski, et sont aujourd'hui incapables de boucher les trous avec les joueurs qu'ils ont en place.  Ils ont libéré Bear Woods très cavalièrement et se retrouvent aujourd'hui avec 2 recrues incapables de faire le travail à sa place.  Ils ont laissé partir Winston Venable et Jared Koster, en pensant que Boulay et Plesius pourraient faire le travail.  Ils ont pris le risque de laisser aller S. J. Green pensant qu'il ne serait pas remis de sa blessure.  Je peux leur accorder le bénéfice du doute pour Green, mais je pense qu'ils auraient dû tenter de le garder et lui donner sa chance.  À la limite, ils auraient pu avoir quelqu'un en retour durant la saison au lieu de n'avoir personne.

Mais surtout, ils se sont attachés financièrement à Durant sans se donner de marge de manœuvre. Durant joue comme un pied. Il est nul et donne présentement raison à Chris Jones. 

Il y a plus que les blessures. Il y a de l'incompétence manifeste.  Le tandem Reed-Mack ne mènera nulle part.  Mack peut trouver des bons joueurs ça et là, mais pas assez pour avoir une équipe gagnante.  Je maintiens que s'ils demeurent à la barre des décisions de recrutement et de dépistage, les Alouettes vont fermer avant la prochaine décennie.  Ça me fait mal au cœur de dire ceci de quelqu'un que j'apprécie énormément personnellement (Kavis Reed), mais honnêtement, il n'est pas à sa place présentement.

Pour ma part, je préférerais un nouveau DG qui choisira son monde et qui nous dira que ça prendra 3 saisons à rebâtir l'équipe.  Ça aura l'honnêteté d'avancer quelque chose de réaliste et de permettre de bâtir en profondeur, non pas seulement pour la saison qui vient. 

mike2579

I think im gonna step away from this forum for a bit unless it is about laughing at this team. We already have another sports team in Montreal trying to feed us garbage that they will be a competitive team...

Users Online

111 Guests, 14 Users (19 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, FootbalYouBet, vjcos, The Last Word, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, tony, KevinRiley2, bowl450, Taleback, habcat, Iconic SR, Google (19)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)