okie

Firing everybody during the season is not going to help the team win games this year.  All a firing would do is reset the team to training camp status.  Plus, it reinforces the perception of both incompetence and instability lessening the chance anybody decent will ever come to Montreal.

Want to replace ________?  Who would you realistically put in his place, and would that change help the team win or at least become more competitive?

Rick Moffat suggested bringing in a neg list quarterback (Ken Hill Jr.) and trying out a new kicker.

In recent years, the Bombers, Argos and Ti-Cats have all done a 180.  How can the Als do it?

Johnny Ticat slayer

There aren't many options during the season. You have to hire people who are unemployed, or who could get out of their job to join the Als.

It would be desperate, but Johnny would try to get Kent Austin as HC and GM. He wouldn't be a great choice, but he would be better than what we have now. Austin could also have an influence on the offense. Johnny would let Austin bring in his own people to fill out his staff. Some coaches would get fired and the team would be paying a lot of people to stay at home. 

Johnny does not believe it will happen. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Connecticut Yankee

1.You have to write off the 2018 season.(You cannot fix it)
2.they are finding themselves as a franchise on/off the field.(Be patient)
3.DO NOT TRADE The 1st Round pick (Betts,Gittens,Simba,Thomassin,Malaya,Desjardins) too many
potential options on the table.This draft is stacked. Don't blow it.
4.Trade Williams,Sutton,Blake for draft picks in August.Al's don't have 2nd round pick.Have 2 3rd picks.Bulk up the options for the next GM.
5.Mid-August start pruning your team so new players can get reps on field.
6.Wetenhall has to start the process of management renewal by Labor Day.(Keep on eye on Shawn Burke(Hamilton),Jean Marc-Edme(Ottawa),Danny McManus(Winnipeg) as candidates).
7.Wetenhall's have to declare their intentions on ownership.Do they sell to local interests(Molsons?).

okie

Good post with a plan on how to turn things around.  By the way, how did you know Ken Hill Jr and Devante Kincaid were on the Als neg list?  That information was not never released publicly.  I do suspect however that Kincaid has since been dropped which is why he is now playing indoor football.

Obviously, Rick Moffat knew beforehand that Ken Hill Jr was signing.  Maybe Hill's imminent arrival was the reason Antonio Pipkin was released.

De'Mornay Pierson-El is a kick returner/receiver who recently got a look from the Redskins at their rookie camp.

Als listed Spencer Damm's college wrong.  I do not believe Damm was not invited to any NFL rookie camp.

Herb Zurkowsky posted that Xavier Fulton was getting some reps at RT.

Even though Zurkowsky wrote differently last week, he said the Als are considering signing Vernon Adams Jr.

tony

3.DO NOT TRADE The 1st Round pick (Betts,Gittens,Simba,Thomassin,Malaya,Desjardins) too many
4.Trade Williams,Sutton,Blake for draft picks in August.Al's don't have 2nd round pick.Have 2 3rd picks.Bulk up the options for the next GM.
6.Wetenhall has to start the process of management renewal by Labor Day.(Keep on eye on Shawn Burke(Hamilton),Jean Marc-Edme(Ottawa),Danny McManus(Winnipeg) as candidates).
7.Wetenhall's have to declare their intentions on ownership.Do they sell to local interests(Molsons?).
Good points.

In regard to point # 4, I would add Logan and Cox as well. In fact I would listen to all possibilities that came their way and weight the options.

Point 7. Wettenhal JR was on TSN690 about a week or so ago. He said they have been here for 21 years and have no intention of selling. Of course, attitude may change given how the season plays out and if they were to get an offer they could not refuse.
Not sure Molson would venture into the mix. He has enough on his plate right now given the state of his hockey club. Not to mention they will be in the process of building a new brewery in Longueuil.

nguyenMTL

I agree with all your points.

As for point 7, I am wondering whether local businessmen involved in the project to bring back the Expos would be interested in buying the Alouettes (e.g. Mitch Garber)

tony

I agree with all your points.

As for point 7, I am wondering whether local businessmen involved in the project to bring back the Expos would be interested in buying the Alouettes (e.g. Mitch Garber)
Garber is a baseball guy. Can not see him getting involved.

Trying to get a baseball club back in Montreal is going to cost a few $$$’s.

GHT120

Only change worth making is at GM ... they can start to turn over the roster/bring in youngsters for "live action tryouts.  But that move is worthwhile only ***IF*** you are willing to commit to 3-4 years with the new hire, which limits the options to out-of-work "veteran GMs".  Likely best to just tough it out and put controls in place to ensure panic "this year" moves are not made.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

ALLsPLS

Simple (but not simple) - Kavis, Joe, Catlin & Miles from football operations should be all be gone ..... at least that will send a message change is in the wind. But it won't happen.....The only option I see is to sell the team and completely clean house, then ciontract qualified people to run this organization & be honest with the fans ....No More Window Dressing Please.......

HfxTC

Simple (but not simple) - Kavis, Joe, Catlin & Miles from football operations should be all be gone ..... at least that will send a message change is in the wind. But it won't happen.....The only option I see is to sell the team and completely clean house, then ciontract qualified people to run this organization & be honest with the fans ....No More Window Dressing Please.......
I agree. The problem is they won't sell. I think I know why. Wetenhall sold his shares in the Patriots early and lost hundreds of millions dollars he would have made, had he been more patient. He probably thinks at some point in the next decade or two the CFL will pickup a lot in value.

If the Wetenhall won't go away. the only change that makes sense is hiring a new GM, because he will want all his own staff anyway. 
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

CFL in QC

2018 draft was a great success and Miles Gorrel should not be blamed for the Als problems.

ALLsPLS

OMG --- its Eric D that found the National talent.... Both he & Mack have got to go........we have nothing nothing nothing. (period)

GHT120

If Austin, Barker or someone else currently available is considered a viable GM then hire them and give them a head-start on training camp 2019. 

Dump Willy and Matthews and give youngsters the reps at QB ... maybe even some sort of rotation ...  don't commit to any of them this year ... we need to see lots of all of them in game settings to assess them.

Onemoredork

As long as you employ Kavis Reid there's nothing to salvage. If removing him is a blow up then blow it up. 

skipwalker

I've been an Als fan since 1979. For the beginning of my fandom the Als were an embarrassment, then they died and resurrected and we had so many great years with AC and co. Now we are back to embarrassment on the field and off. I find it absolutely maddening that after 2 games we have no hope and surprise, surprise, Kavis did nothing in the offseason to improve this team. The only way this gets better is if Wettenhall cans Kavis ASAP. How he was ever let near the GM job in the first place is a good question. But he needs to go immediately. Nothing can possibly improve until this happens, Kavis is incompetent and seems to think Willy is a good as it gets. Where are all the undrafted NFL QBS?? why have we not gone after any?

Users Online

53 Guests, 2 Users (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Garney 26, PatLynch, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)