HfxTC

Speaking of it looks like Foley has been released, would not be surprised to see Van Zeyl out as well.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "HfxTC"
Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
To be fair to Popp, he is coming into an absolute mess of a situation created by Copeland and his dithering. If he'd been hired in December instead of March, a lot of this restructuring would have already happened and allowed players to test free agency.

These players have missed free agency window. It isn't their fault the team took this late to make their decision known. I think Popp is making a mistake, this is an opportunity to restart on a fresh slate (maybe) with the agents, instead he's going to war.

I agree with you. Just pointing out that the existing mess isn't of Popp's making. Any GM coming in is going to release players and restructure contracts. If Copeland had hired him earlier in the season, he could have averted a lot of this.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

idealsheldon

Quote from: "pw13"
Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Trestman has hired an unprecedented number of assistants for the CFL - 12.

Unprecedented? Roughriders have 13 assistant coaches.

I wasn`t counting their 4 quality control coaches - probably in charge of Vince Young`s diet.

Speaking of whom I really don`t understand all the forum bickering over whether Young can be a legitimate CFL QB. It is almost a foregone conclusion that Jones will switch him to DT by 2nd day of mini-camp. :D
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

LeStaf

I wasn`t counting their 4 quality control coaches - probably in charge of Vince Young`s diet

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

papazoola

Speaking of it looks like Foley has been released, would not be surprised to see Van Zeyl out as well.

....Not great timing for these guys to catch on elsewhere...Teams have solidified their rosters and have pretty much designated their dough...Foley could still have something left and could be a good rotational guy...We shall see :roll:
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

GHT120

Quote from: "papazoola"

....Not great timing for these guys to catch on elsewhere...Teams have solidified their rosters and have pretty much designated their dough...Foley could still have something left and could be a good rotational guy...We shall see :roll:
At a reasonable price could be worth looking into.

EDIT:
Ricky Foley?
@Foley4Real
Released via text message by the assistant GM smh... Way to keep it classy

https://twitter.com/Foley4Real/status/847824953093312514?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rds.ca%2Ffootball%2Flcf%2Flcf-les-argonauts-de-toronto-ont-libere-l-ailier-defensif-canadien-ricky-foley-1.4434609
Way to impress potential players JP
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

This is one Kavis absolutely wants to stay away from.

Johnny Ticat slayer

What happened to Foley's brother Don? He posted as Area-51 last year. He was really good at pissing people off!  :lol: If the Als sign Ricky Foley, will Don become a regular in our forum?!   :o
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

This is one Kavis absolutely wants to stay away from.

Yes! And Madjack also. Foley has this on his profile on his Twitter page:

I speak God in public...

What does that even mean? :roll:

HfxTC

Poor Zimmerman... Popp is having him do all the dirty work.

Foley will end up taking a lot less money and backing up Cappspicoly in Hamilton or even less money and backing up Williams in Ottawa. At this point in his career he's a useful spare part in the 75 to 90k range.

idealsheldon

The Popp/Zimmerman dynamic in Toronto will be interesting to follow. Asst. GM Zimmerman was highly thought of by Argos ownership, and put in charge of the ship when Barker was fired.

And we all know that in Mtl. Popp was basically a one man show - with a little help from people like Abrams who he personally hired. Now he has to work in a shotgun arranged marriage with an assistant who is highly regarded by ownership. Something to keep an eye on.

HfxTC

The Popp/Zimmerman dynamic in Toronto will be interesting to follow. Asst. GM Zimmerman was highly thought of by Argos ownership, and put in charge of the ship when Barker was fired.

And we all know that in Mtl. Popp was basically a one man show - with a little help from people like Abrams who he personally hired. Now he has to work in a shotgun arranged marriage with an assistant who is highly regarded by ownership. Something to keep an eye on.

Just a matter of time before Zimmerman is pushed out and Joey Abrams brought in.

HfxTC

Quote from: "Johnny Ticat slayer"

What happened to Foley's brother Don? He posted as Area-51 last year. He was really good at pissing people off!  :lol: If the Als sign Ricky Foley, will Don become a regular in our forum?!   :o

Its just an opinion but I think Don Foley hurt his brother's opportunities. To what extend hard to say but you pretty much get a 2 for 1 when you sign Ricky...

idealsheldon

Hey I see where they just stole a player from us - former Notre Dame RB Cam McDaniel who was on our practice roster last season. He signed with the Argos today. He looked good in training camp/pre-season but not really a great loss.

As an aside, I believe he came from a wealthy background as he is the only practice roster roster player I know who was living in Westmount.

Users Online

93 Guests, 14 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Palmer, bobo82, dcmoses, sully, Abendschan, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, KevinRiley2, Iconic SR, bohdon, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, Mark, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)