okie

Quote from: "LeStaf"

C'est pourtant Popp qui l'avait relégué au 5ième rang à l'ouverture du camp d'entraînement l'an dernier.  Cato a gagné son poste de numéro 2 contre tout le monde, y compris Popp.

There was talk during the 2015 season that Cato had already peaked.  In the subsequent off-season, nobody in the Als organization ever mentioned that Cato was a candidate to be the starter in 2016.  Jim Popp also tried but failed to sign Trevor Harris when Free Agency opened last year.  Eventually, Popp did trade away a 1st round pick for Vernon Adams.  Then just before the 2016 training camp, there were rumors that the Als were trying to trade Cato without any takers.  Cato was also thought to be potentially released in the pre-season.  All this was before the incidents with Duron Carter and Kenny Stafford.

Taking the above into consideration, I would be somewhat shocked if Jim Popp signed Cato with the belief that he was the future in Toronto.

HfxTC

Trestman likes and needs very strong will to learn and apply yourself learning his complicated offense. Cato isn't going to be signed in Toronto. If Jim goes after a QB its more likely to be Adams or Franklin IMO. Right now I don't think QB's are a priority for them.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

LeStaf

Quote from: "HfxTC"
Trestman likes and needs very strong will to learn and apply yourself learning his complicated offense. Cato isn't going to be signed in Toronto. If Jim goes after a QB its more likely to be Adams or Franklin IMO. Right now I don't think QB's are a priority for them.

... jusqu'à ce que Ray se blesse avant août...
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

HfxTC

Willy and Fajardo or whatever his name is. They are in good shape.

LeStaf

Willy and Fajardo or whatever his name is. They are in good shape.

Fajardo a plus d'avenir, d'après moi.

HfxTC

Johnny Ticat slayer

Johnny is looking forward to 2 things:

Trestman's catch phrase for the season. Like "57+3" or "Win the day", "Everything matters".

Popp's racist tirade for the season. Like "Play better or sell drugs in the hood".

A cheap shot by Johnny. It happens.  :D
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

Well Marc's already used it on the Toronto media. He had to repeat himself because he started with 58+2 and then fixed it saying 57+3. The Win the day he used a couple times in his first presser too.

They will do ok in Toronto, how could they not succeeding the "Twinkie Munsters"???

Hiring Chamblin is a mistake. Maybe its a stop gap until next year and they can steal someone better.

LeStaf

Well Marc's already used it on the Toronto media. He had to repeat himself because he started with 58+2 and then fixed it saying 57+3. The Win the day he used a couple times in his first presser too.

They will do ok in Toronto, how could they not succeeding the "Twinkie Munsters"???

Hiring Chamblin is a mistake. Maybe its a stop gap until next year and they can steal someone better.

Je vois mal comment Chamblin serait un "stop gap" sur Stubler. Il n'a jamais dirigé de bonnes défensives. On a vu tout son génie à Regina lorsqu'il a congédié Ritchie Hall pour la diriger.

Grover

Speaking of Chamblin, things have been a little quiet over in Argoland for the last few days, In fact both Popp and Trestman have now been quiet, maybe they both have gone home to North Carolina to work on the draft.  :?

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

HfxTC

Je vois mal comment Chamblin serait un "stop gap" sur Stubler. Il n'a jamais dirigé de bonnes défensives. On a vu tout son génie à Regina lorsqu'il a congédié Ritchie Hall pour la diriger.

Stubler obviously quit. I don't blame him.

LeStaf

Stubler obviously quit. I don't blame him.

Moi non plus, mais à part Thorpe dont le contrat sera terminé à la fin de la saison, je ne sais pas qui sera disponible, ni qui l'est maintenant.  Je me serais attendu à y voir rebondir Anwar Stewart, mais ça ne semble pas encore dans les cartons, ce qui est normal compte tenu que le prochain coordonnateur voudra certainement choisir son personnel.

Chose certaine, si le coordonnateur de la défensive est Chamblin, il est clair que Trestman va diriger la meilleure défensive de son équipe.

HfxTC

Thorpe is likely the next HC to be hired in the CFL. If he's smart he'll stay put till he gets that special opportunity.

LeStaf

Thorpe is likely the next HC to be hired in the CFL. If he's smart he'll stay put till he gets that special opportunity.

Bonne observation. Je vois mal où il pourrait aboutir maintenant, mais les choses pourraient être plus claires à la fin de la saison.

Grover

And now this

Arash Madani?Verified account @ArashMadani  46m46 minutes ago
Per #CFL sources: Contract requires dotting of i's and crossing of t's, but Corey Chamblin will be the next Argos defensive coordinator.

Chamblin was already on SSK's payroll as HC/DC
I wonder how much MLSE is paying him to walk away from that???

Users Online

93 Guests, 11 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Palmer, Abendschan, Mark, bobo82, KevinRiley2, dcmoses, sully, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Iconic SR, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)