Poll

Should Chapdelaine return as HC if the Alouettes finish with 7 wins or less?

Yes
46.7%
7 (46.7%)
No
53.3%
8 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

HfxTC

Montreal should fire Kavis now and hire Hervey, now before they have competition for his services.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Of the Als 7 remaining games, among them, they face the Redblacks and  Eskimos at home, and the Riders and Stamps on the road.

GOOOOOOOOOD luck with that!

This team will be very lucky to finish the season with a total of 5 wins. Pathetic!

Kavis Reed has failed.

Jacques Chapdelaine has failed.

And once again, the Wetenhals have failed.

If failure was a hurricane, this would be a category 12!   ::)

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Niagara Als

Chapdelaine came to the Als following success with offensive teams in the CFL. He dis show promise at the end part of last season. I did not agree with his cutting of Carter. He is his old self catching footballs footballs as well as returning kicks and, playing on defense with the RRs.
I like all of you am very disappointed with this seasons play. Chaps lost the OL team of Gagnon, Blake and, LBJ started slow due to his year out with injury in 2016. These three Canadian players were a grave loss to Chaps's offense. Kavis axed SJ Green and, made other questionable calls in his GM role. Kavis came to the team with a lesser CFL history than Chaps. $400 000 for Durant was a horrible move followed by giving Adams, our only decent backup, to the RRs was another tilt. We have had a series of QB problems since Calvillo retired. We have had move after move in the coaching department and, I wonder if we should repeat again this process. I'm for giving Chaps a second year. Kavis, less so. I believe Wettenhall has always funded the team very well. We should be grateful to the owner for his funding of our team and, give him grace for his two attempts at problem solving. He is hguman like the rest of us. We are back at a complete restructuring of our players and, frankly I'm quite happy that he remains, at this point, in his funding capacity.

G Man

Tough to say, everyone in this organization (almost) is new to the role they have this year... from the president down to the HC. So it's hard to say definitively who isn't good at all vs. who is on a learning curve but will be good in the future.
Even harder when you consider the rash of injuries to Canadians, and/or the OL.. everything fell apart from there.

Not many were impressed with Reed's offseason, you did see a vision of what he wanted to do with ratio to strengthen the OL to protect his "prized" veteran QB. But he ended up overpaying for someone who's best days are behind him, which forced other personnel decisions that hurt the team. His decision to turn to Jackson vs. Green hasn't worked out (even if I understand the rationale at the time, Green's health being a major question mark), Plessius & other deals looked bad from the outset, timing of Woods cut, etc.
Rookie mistakes and he gets better quick, or just over his head and will never be any good?.. 1 year is a pretty short timeframe to judge a GM.

As for Chapedelaine, his over-complicated playbook cost them a few close games early.. then he started simplifying and the offense was showing what maybe resembled the semblance of cohesion, but still some bad execution by QB & receivers, then injuries hit and it was over.
Easier to pull the plug on the HC than the GM, but what other/better options are out there? And given how many coaches we've gone through in past years, there's something to be said about stability too.

I really feel like it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation... but at the end of the day I just don't believe in Reed, so best option would seem to be to go with Hervey ASAP.

GHT120

... His decision to turn to Jackson vs. Green hasn't worked out ...
I would like to see how Jackson would do at slot-back before writing him off as a bad acquisition.  It perhaps should not have been a direct substitution (Green out, Jackson) in situation.

LOVE Nik Lewis but as others have pointed out elsewhere he is not a coverage challenge in that he isn't going to beat anyone past 10 yards.  Great zone-possession receiver but predictable in the larger sense (pun intended).

Having speed at the other slot might also help the other SB (Cunningham?).
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Niagara Als

Using Ernest at slot would be a change but planning for future should start now. There are others who have questioned the use of Jackson. Using him at slot would increase the speed overall with this team.We certainly look like our Grey Cup dream is over and, we might begin to test out a player change or two as a trial for 2018.

Users Online

62 Guests, 1 User (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bohdon, Google (9), Baidu

Most Online Today: 113. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)