okie

Article on Argo WR Armanti Edwards.

Jim Popp had him on the Als neg list for several years but could never convince Edwards' agent that Montreal was a good idea.  Popp wanted Edwards as a QB.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article167843882.html

nguyenMTL

Good news

Greg Henderson and Sam Giguere are back, although Henderson is listed as a backup.

Bad news

Because of the ratio, Nik Lewis is likely to play less.

GHT120

Good news

Greg Henderson and Sam Giguere are back, although Henderson is listed as a backup.

Bad news

Because of the ratio, Nik Lewis is likely to play less.
Hopefully a rested and "annoyed" Nik Lewis will be able to optimize his chances; and he should be easy to sneak onto the field if the O-Line surrounds him on the way out; mystery weapon (LOL).
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

okie

Fairly certain Oumar Touré is not playing the whole game at Fullback.  Most likely, he comes out in 5 receiver sets and replaced by either George Johnson or Samuel Giguère.

nguyenMTL

Fairly certain Oumar Touré is not playing the whole game at Fullback.  Most likely, he comes out in 5 receiver sets and replaced by either George Johnson or Samuel Giguère.
Based on what you posted, G. Johnson and Giguere are both on the 4 receiver sets, meaning that the 5th receiver is either Toure himself or Stephen Adekolu.

mike2579

I see alot of people making fun of Hamilton. Wait, they haven't played Montreal yet. Passed couple of years Montreal has found ways to make awful teams look awesome. If Ricky is on his game and the defence plays like last week this game will be over quickly 
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

RichardVeilleux

So "a lot of people are making fun" of the Tiger-Cats. I don't see too many of Als fan, on this site, making fun of the Tiger Cats. I feel sorry for their fans and the CFL fans; at the beginning of the season, I thought  that Hamilton would be the team to beat in the East. Injuries to key players,particularly Nat., have not helped.

When I compare the depth charts of the Argos and Als, I don't have too much confidence in the Als winning. I hope to be wrong. Injuries to 10 Nat. players, including 4 starters, won't help. When you look at Nat. injuries to the Argos, they have 4, including only 1 starter.

Yes, injuries may not be an excuse, but it will have a negative impact. The injuries to Blake and then Gagnon are the ones that hurt/impact the most. 

Let's hope for the best.

Richard

mike2579

Richard, there are many other Alouettes fans that aren't on this forum that i discuss football with. I never mentioned anything about anyone in this forum. 

tony

So "a lot of people are making fun" of the Tiger-Cats. I don't see too many of Als fan, on this site, making fun of the Tiger Cats. I feel sorry for their fans and the CFL fans; at the beginning of the season, I thought  that Hamilton would be the team to beat in the East. Injuries to key players,particularly Nat., have not helped.

When I compare the depth charts of the Argos and Als, I don't have too much confidence in the Als winning. I hope to be wrong. Injuries to 10 Nat. players, including 4 starters, won't help. When you look at Nat. injuries to the Argos, they have 4, including only 1 starter.

Yes, injuries may not be an excuse, but it will have a negative impact. The injuries to Blake and then Gagnon are the ones that hurt/impact the most.

Let's hope for the best.

Richard
Other teams have or do go through injuries. This is where a GM and HC get paid their money.
A couple of western teams seem to manage without too much difficulty.

hercules130

The Edmonton Eskimos have many key players in injury list. Yet they are still number 1 in the whole league.
"Go Alouettes!" - Dan Marino, October 2011

GHT120

Richard, there are many other Alouettes fans that aren't on this forum that i discuss football with. I never mentioned anything about anyone in this forum.
Appreciate the clarification and the distinction.  But this is the internet.  When something is posted on a particular forum (or thread in a forum) it is always read in the context of it being addressed to that audience. 

slimjim2

I see alot of people making fun of Hamilton. Wait, they haven't played Montreal yet. Passed couple of years Montreal has found ways to make awful teams look awesome. If Ricky is on his game and the defence plays like last week this game will be over quickly
You called it !!

GHT120

Late to my computer (Logan just scored for the Argos); thoughts so far:
  • Argos first TD was a classic Trestman script and Thorpe's defence reacted EXACTLY how MT predicted
  • The roughing penalty on the punt return better have been for the helmet to helmet contact because I'm not certain it is fair to penalize a guy for tackling a guy who is still running full out in a straight line downfield
  • Good catch by Green on the Argos second TD but IMO it is Ray dominating the defence, not SJ
  • Three Internationals on the O-Line and Durant has autograph seekers on almost every pass he throws
  • If Logan was a rookie it would have been a STUPID mistake but for a veteran whose employment (soon over?) depends on returning kicks it was inexcusable.
  • Argos are a better team, but not THIS much better

tony

Late to my computer (Logan just scored for the Argos); thoughts so far:
  • Argos first TD was a classic Trestman script and Thorpe's defence reacted EXACTLY how MT predicted
  • The roughing penalty on the punt return better have been for the helmet to helmet contact because I'm not certain it is fair to penalize a guy for tackling a guy who is still running full out in a straight line downfield
  • Good catch by Green on the Argos second TD but IMO it is Ray dominating the defence, not SJ
  • Three Internationals on the O-Line and Durant has autograph seekers on almost every pass he throws
  • If Logan was a rookie it would have been a STUPID mistake but for a veteran whose employment (soon over?) depends on returning kicks it was inexcusable.
  • Argos are a better team, but not THIS much better
Oh the Argos are a much better team.  Als are still on the plane!  
This is absolutely awful.

tony

And it all started with Durant throwing yet another INT in the red zone which gave the ball to the Argos and led to a TD.
It has been downhill ever since.

Green is having a day and it's only the first half. Almost 100 yards receiving and two TD's.

The Als could not even beat a JR team the way they are playing.

Users Online

92 Guests, 19 Users (9 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
GernB, PTBO Dave, ticats28, heapbag, raymarkca, Iconic SR, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Beam reach, DisplacedCatsFan, Mightygoose, RichardVeilleux, FootbalYouBet, Abendschan, KevinRiley2, schmenger, Yahoo!, Google (8)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)