nguyenMTL

According to Herb, in order "to make on the roster for Lewis,import receiver Tiquan Underwood will sit".

If Underwood sits, I presume that Int. DT Ray Drew will play.

Richard
So basically Giguere + J. Lewis IN, Underwood + Gagnon OUT.
I can dig it, as long as Ray Drew gets to play.

nguyenMTL

I know that it won't be discussed much until the collective agreement with the players expires, after 2018 season, but as Sheldon wrote last week, it is time to review/decrease the minimum Nat. starters; while I don't want to reduce the total of Nat. players, I would be for to decrease the starters from 7 to 6. When too many Nat. starters are injured the play suffers.

Just look at other teams that had injuries to Nat. players and the no good/older players that they had to sign. Today, the Als had to bring in Michael Carter who was with the Als from 2012-2014. Has he played in 2017? I doubt.

Let's just hope that no more Nat. players are injured in the next game.

Richard
I understand your concern, but a better solution would be to expand the active roster from 44 to 46

HfxTC

I know that it won't be discussed much until the collective agreement with the players expires, after 2018 season, but as Sheldon wrote last week, it is time to review/decrease the minimum Nat. starters; while I don't want to reduce the total of Nat. players, I would be for to decrease the starters from 7 to 6. When too many Nat. starters are injured the play suffers.

Just look at other teams that had injuries to Nat. players and the no good/older players that they had to sign. Today, the Als had to bring in Michael Carter who was with the Als from 2012-2014. Has he played in 2017? I doubt.

Let's just hope that no more Nat. players are injured in the next game.

Richard
I understand your concern, but a better solution would be to expand the active roster from 44 to 46
Last season Calgary lost 9 Canadians to injury during the season on top of Cornish retiring and didn't miss a beat. When you trash your Canadians this is what happens, you go dumpster diving. JC might be able to get away with Underwood not dressing if Trestman is force to play a Backup QB in Toronto. If Ray shows up in the huddle well...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

okie

Sébastien Lajoie posted on Tuesday that DE Elie Ngoyi is joining the Als.

jkm

it almost doesn't matter who sits or plays against TO on Saturday.

If RR is ready to go, I think we get pasted.

If indeed RR is under center, then the Als' D better have a rush package that is relentless all game long and never allows RR to make his reads.

idealsheldon

The thing with Ray Drew is because of the ratio they have to take out an American DE or LB when he comes in, so his plays are limited. He doesn`t really have a chance to make an impact.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

idealsheldon

You wanted this Richard, National receiver Stephen Adekolu.

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/16/alouettes-agree-terms-canadian-receiver/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JustinDunk3downnation+%283+Down+Nation-Justin+Dunk+%29

Adekolu was actually at the Als rookie camp in 2013, but was not invited to the main camp.

RichardVeilleux

Thank you for the information,Sheldon. A good signing. 

Richard

idealsheldon

Als make official the signings of Ngoyi and Adekolu. Also sign National FB Nate O`Halloran. He was a 7th round 2016 BC draft choice. Spent 2016 on their practice roster and was released this season at cutdown date.

It`s almost as if the Als are holding their own National Combine. Hopefully 1 or 2 of these guys turn out to be keepers.

RichardVeilleux

As per the CFL transactions of August 16,2017:

Nat. WR Stephen added to active roster.
Nat. DL Elie Ngoyi added to active roster.
Int. OL Jeremy Lewis added to active roster. From practice roster.

Nat. DB Tevaughn Campbell added to 1 game injured list.
Nat. OL Philippe Gagnon added to 6 game injured list.
Nat. LB Frederic Plesius added to 6 game injured list

The CFL transactions of August 15,2017 have not been posted.

Richard

idealsheldon

Nik Lewis didn`t practice yesterday (Eric Leblanc) nor today (Joey Alfieri). No word as to why.

I guess he would have to practice tomorrow - Day 3 - in order to play Sat.

Or in Nik`s case maybe all he needs is a good pregame meal and he`ll be good to go.

GHT120

If indeed RR is under center, then the Als' D better have a rush package that is relentless all game long and never allows RR to make his reads.
Or get a couple of very solid hits in early ... anything that torques or crushes the shoulder will do.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Niagara Als

I'm glad that RR will be able to play this week. It is crippling of any team to have to play without their starter. Right now, our former backup is likely touching down in Regina and, we again are in trouble at the QB backup slot with having two rookies, as with Cato and Bridge in the past 2 seasons. To bad our GM had to trade Adams away just before this coming game with the Argos. Looking at the standings, we are superior to the Argos defensively and, our offense has just demonstrated competence.

jkm

Or get a couple of very solid hits in early ... anything that torques or crushes the shoulder will do.
I never condone a deliberate attempt to injure and all such attempts should be met with the strictest sanctions, including a several-game suspension.

That said, the shoulder is still probably tender and even a couple of sacks where he falls on the same shoulder could cause problems.

The Als have been successful against RR in the past when he has been under constant pressure.  The Als' D will definitely have to do that again!

LeStaf

I never condone a deliberate attempt to injure and all such attempts should be met with the strictest sanctions, including a several-game suspension.

That said, the shoulder is still probably tender and even a couple of sacks where he falls on the same shoulder could cause problems.

The Als have been successful against RR in the past when he has been under constant pressure.  The Als' D will definitely have to do that again!
Bien d'accord.  Par contre, si Ray se blesse suite à un contact légal, il n'y aura rien là pour se scandaliser.  Ray est devenu fragile et les Alouettes n'ont pas à freiner leurs ardeurs à cause de ça. La clé du succès pour la défensive demeure la pression sur Ray et la couverture par la tertiaire.
Je ne m'attends pas à une victoire des Alouettes avec le retour de Ray et de Cash, et considérant la tertiaire et la ligne offensive amochées des Alouettes. Un pointage serré serait bon, une victoire des Alouettes serait une grosse victoire.  J'aimerais que l'attaque se lève et prenne le match en charge pour une fois. Je doute toutefois que ce scénario arrive.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Users Online

162 Guests, 14 Users (19 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
raymarkca, danoc_86, Mightygoose, bobo82, rpaege, bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, sully, Niagara Als, Google (19)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)