nguyenMTL

Yes,the Argos ran well against the Als,but,at the same time, their-Argos- passing yards were low. Before last game, the Als were first in yards given by the run, despite playing teams like BC,Calgary and Winnipeg who currently are second,third and fifth in yards gained by the run. Presently the Als are third in yards given/allowed by the run,i.e. 81 yards.

The Als don't miss Bear Woods; Dominique Tevell is doing quite well. With regards to Alan-Michael Cash, he would not have played more than Ray Drew, unless the Als had chosen to reduce 1 Int. WR.

Richard
I would say that the Als' run defense would be better with Bear Woods. As for Cash, I don't think Kavis Reed would have attempted to go with 2 starting Nat. at DT if he was re-signed for 2017.
Also, losing Keith Shologan would hurt the Als, because even though he is simply ineffective in regard to QB pressure, he has contributed to Montreal's solid run defense.  

idealsheldon

As per Eric Leblanc, Giguere practicing with the starters and Jeremy Lewis is at LG as Richard told them to do.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

RichardVeilleux

Since Samuel Giguère is practicing with starters, it does mean that he came off the 6 game injured list; hence, a player on 6 game injured list cannot practice with the starters before he has been 5 games on that list; after 5 games on 6 game injured list, a player can practice with the starters. Giguère was on 6 game for 4 games. 

Removal of Giguère from 6 game injured list will have an impact of $21,000 to $22,000 on SMS.-Salary Management System- The trading of Adams and replacing him with probably Shiltz will save more in remaining games.

It does make sense to add Int. OL Jeremy Lewis to offensive since, particularly with the return of Giguère.  With this addition of an Int. player, I expect that Ray Drew won't play/dress; may even go to 1 game injured list.

Richard

idealsheldon

Trading for Campbell and adding DB Michael Carter, could the Als be thinking of making the field corner a National position?

GHT120

Yes,the Argos ran well against the Als,but,at the same time, their-Argos- passing yards were low. Before last game, the Als were first in yards given by the run, despite playing teams like BC,Calgary and Winnipeg who currently are second,third and fifth in yards gained by the run. Presently the Als are third in yards given/allowed by the run,i.e. 81 yards.

The Als don't miss Bear Woods; Dominique Tevell is doing quite well. With regards to Alan-Michael Cash, he would not have played more than Ray Drew, unless the Als had chosen to reduce 1 Int. WR.

Richard
Missing Woods I would say is a matter of opinion.
Agreed, but I tend to agree with Richard.  I think at some, if not much of BW's success was Thorpe wanting to force Fajardo to beat them through the air.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

RichardVeilleux

According to Dave Naylor of TSN, Ricky Ray is throwing and practicing with Argos starters. Looks that he could be the starter against the Als.

Richard

RichardVeilleux

Kyries Hebert has been issued the max. fine by the CFL for his hit on Argos QB Cody Fajardo; since a player cannot be fined more than 1/2 of game salary, I expect that Kyries's fine ranges between $3,000. and $3,500.

Next time, Kyries could be suspended.

Richard

RichardVeilleux

Does not look to good on injury front, according to Eric Leblanc.

Nat. G Philippe Gagnon could be gone for 6 weeks.
Nat. FB Jean-Christophe Beaulieu should miss a few weeks, along with Nat. DT Keith Shologan and WR Piatroski or so.
Nat. LB Frederic Plesius may not miss more than 1 game. 

All injuries to Nat. players; easy to understand why they traded Vernon Adams for a Nat. DB/player.

Richard

RichardVeilleux

As many as 5 Nat. players could be out,due to injuries. The number 1 problem is that there is/was no depth. Players such as Tevaughn Campbell, Michael Carter and Nehemie Kankolongo may /will all have to be added to roster, along with Giguère and Westerman.

Richard

GHT120

According to Dave Naylor of TSN, Ricky Ray is throwing and practicing with Argos starters. Looks that he could be the starter against the Als.

Richard
Think he did that last week too.
Time will tell.

tony

Richard
Think he did that last week too.
Time will tell.
Sure did. 

RichardVeilleux

I know that it won't be discussed much until the collective agreement with the players expires, after 2018 season, but as Sheldon wrote last week, it is time to review/decrease the minimum Nat. starters; while I don't want to reduce the total of Nat. players, I would be for to decrease the starters from 7 to 6. When too many Nat. starters are injured the play suffers. 

Just look at other teams that had injuries to Nat. players and the no good/older players that they had to sign. Today, the Als had to bring in Michael Carter who was with the Als from 2012-2014. Has he played in 2017? I doubt.

Let's just hope that no more Nat. players are injured in the next game.

Richard

idealsheldon

Richard I`m not for reducing the starting Nationals from 7 to 6, just reducing the total number to 20. I guess I`m still too much of a CFL purist.

But I can see your argument.

The 2 injuries that will hurt the most are Gagnon and Beaulieu. Gagnon was the depth after the injury to Blake. I thought I saw Beaulieu finishing the game after he got hurt, but I guess we will see how Toure will do. And we do get Giguere back.

I remember seeing flashes from Michael Carter at wide side corner, but for whatever reason he never developed.

In any case, no excuses. It`s Next Man Up!

GHT120

Richard I`m not for reducing the starting Nationals from 7 to 6, just reducing the total number to 20. I guess I`m still too much of a CFL purist...
Would reducing the number of Nationals on the roster not just make injuries more difficult to backfill as there are fewer options getting any playing time to develop.  I was thinking adding a couple of nationals to increase live-action, in-house depth.

RichardVeilleux

According to Herb, in order "to make on the roster for Lewis,import receiver Tiquan Underwood will sit".

If Underwood sits, I presume that Int. DT Ray Drew will play.

Richard

Users Online

168 Guests, 13 Users (20 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, rpaege, bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, danoc_86, Google (20)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)