RichardVeilleux

Due to injuries to some players,almost exclusively Nat. players, there will definitely be changes to the roster for the upcoming game; while we don't know,yet, the extent of the injuries, I nevertheless expect at least 4 players to be away for this game. The players that most likely  will have to be replaced are:

Nat. G Philippe Gagnon. He could be replaced by Nat. OL Sean Jamieson, now on on the practice roster; another possibility is Int. OL Jeremy Lewis. Would have an impact on the ratio,but could be the best option.

Nat. WR Alex Pierzchalski. No one available on roster or practice roster to replace him,unless Nat. WR Samuel Giguère comes off the 6 game injured list-provided OK to play- I doubt that it will be a scenario chosen; also impact on SMS of no less than $22,000. Present free agents WR's could be an option. Kyle Graves,recently released by the Argos, and Stephen Adekolu, recently released by BC, come to mind. The Als could also look at a WR currently on other teams practice rosters.

Nat. DT Keith Shologan. Should be replaced by Nat. DE Jabar Westerman, now on 1 game injured list.

Nat. LB Frederic Plesius. No one available on roster or practice roster. A possibility could be Nat. LB Nehemie Kankolongo, 5'11,205 and 25; recently released by Winnipeg.  Played 9 games with Sask. in 2015,13 with BC in 2016 and 2 with Win. in 2017.

Int. DB Greg Henderson has been on 6 game injured list for 6 games and is ready to play/to come back. I expect that he will be added to the roster and will play. Which Int. player will come off?  Int. DB Jalen Rogers? Int. RB Brandon Rutley? In DL Ray Drew? Int. DB Tyree Hollins, if Injured? 

While I definitely don't expect Ricky Ray to be ready to play for the Argos, I will not be surprised if Cody Fajardo is the starting QB next Saturday.

Next few days/week will be interesting.

Nice week to all.

Richard

idealsheldon

Toronto Sun had said Alan-Michael Cash was to make his season debut on Friday, but he was one of the Argos scratches. He apparently had a series of infections after off-season surgery.

He was on the Argos sidelines and there was no way he was his listed 292 lbs. He looked more like a RB than a DT.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

Why is Giguere still on the six game injured list ? He had to be put on there again by the team. What the hell is wrong with him to miss 12 games???
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

RichardVeilleux

So far, Samuel Giguère has missed 7 games.-3 on 1 game injured and 4 on 6 game injured- If he remains on 6 till the end, he will have missed 9 games.

Richard

Niagara Als

Due to injuries to some players,almost exclusively Nat. players, there will definitely be changes to the roster for the upcoming game; while we don't know,yet, the extent of the injuries, I nevertheless expect at least 4 players to be away for this game. The players that most likely  will have to be replaced are:

Nat. G Philippe Gagnon. He could be replaced by Nat. OL Sean Jamieson, now on on the practice roster; another possibility is Int. OL Jeremy Lewis. Would have an impact on the ratio,but could be the best option.

Nat. WR Alex Pierzchalski. No one available on roster or practice roster to replace him,unless Nat. WR Samuel Giguère comes off the 6 game injured list-provided OK to play- I doubt that it will be a scenario chosen; also impact on SMS of no less than $22,000. Present free agents WR's could be an option. Kyle Graves,recently released by the Argos, and Stephen Adekolu, recently released by BC, come to mind. The Als could also look at a WR currently on other teams practice rosters.

Nat. DT Keith Shologan. Should be replaced by Nat. DE Jabar Westerman, now on 1 game injured list.

Nat. LB Frederic Plesius. No one available on roster or practice roster. A possibility could be Nat. LB Nehemie Kankolongo, 5'11,205 and 25; recently released by Winnipeg.  Played 9 games with Sask. in 2015,13 with BC in 2016 and 2 with Win. in 2017.

Int. DB Greg Henderson has been on 6 game injured list for 6 games and is ready to play/to come back. I expect that he will be added to the roster and will play. Which Int. player will come off?  Int. DB Jalen Rogers? Int. RB Brandon Rutley? In DL Ray Drew? Int. DB Tyree Hollins, if Injured?

While I definitely don't expect Ricky Ray to be ready to play for the Argos, I will not be surprised if Cody Fajardo is the starting QB next Saturday.

Next few days/week will be interesting.

Nice week to all.

Richard

HfxTC

So far, Samuel Giguère has missed 7 games.-3 on 1 game injured and 4 on 6 game injured- If he remains on 6 till the end, he will have missed 9 games.

Richard
Thanks Richard. Anyone know what the injury is? He missed most of camp now months of the season.

tony

Did Giguere not miss some time last season as well?

RichardVeilleux

Samuel Giguère played 18 games with Hamilton in 2014, 18 with Montreal in 2015 and again 18 in 2016.Had not miss a game since 2013.

It's a hamstring injury. Also occurred  while in NFL.

Richard

tony

Samuel Giguère played 18 games with Hamilton in 2014, 18 with Montreal in 2015 and again 18 in 2016.Had not miss a game since 2013.

It's a hamstring injury. Also occurred  while in NFL.

Richard
Thanks Richard. 

Niagara Als

Coaches must remove obvious problems- too many men on the field, don't always use up the middle near the opponents goal line, this has been a huge issue in recent games. Over the weekend I;ve seen successful TDs from off tackle,successful passes, end around etc. At 3 and 1 situations we've missed success by keeping up the middle plays which has broadcast to our opponents what play we will choose.Durant has been effective going long, problems happened in short passing game. Lets"win this one for Johnny"

idealsheldon

Reading between the lines from this story, it doesn`t appear Ray will be cleared for Saturday.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2017/08/14/rays-recovery-throws-argonauts-game-plan-up-in-the-air.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feedrinse%2FPoXk+%28Argos-Channel%29

One aspect the Als will have to be better at is stopping the run - Whitaker and Fajardo.

HfxTC

Reading between the lines from this story, it doesn`t appear Ray will be cleared for Saturday.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2017/08/14/rays-recovery-throws-argonauts-game-plan-up-in-the-air.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feedrinse%2FPoXk+%28Argos-Channel%29

One aspect the Als will have to be better at is stopping the run - Whitaker and Fajardo.

This is where Cash and Woods departure really, really show.

RichardVeilleux

Yes,the Argos ran well against the Als,but,at the same time, their-Argos- passing yards were low. Before last game, the Als were first in yards given by the run, despite playing teams like BC,Calgary and Winnipeg who currently are second,third and fifth in yards gained by the run. Presently the Als are third in yards given/allowed by the run,i.e. 81 yards.

The Als don't miss Bear Woods; Dominique Tevell is doing quite well. With regards to Alan-Michael Cash, he would not have played more than Ray Drew, unless the Als had chosen to reduce 1 Int. WR.

Richard

HfxTC

Tovell is doing ok for a rookie. He's by no means been a dominant player but this is his first season so I would say that he's provided "value".

If the Als can pickup their first win on the road this weekend and Hamilton can beat Ottawa. Montreal will be in great shape starting their back nine.

tony

Yes,the Argos ran well against the Als,but,at the same time, their-Argos- passing yards were low. Before last game, the Als were first in yards given by the run, despite playing teams like BC,Calgary and Winnipeg who currently are second,third and fifth in yards gained by the run. Presently the Als are third in yards given/allowed by the run,i.e. 81 yards.

The Als don't miss Bear Woods; Dominique Tevell is doing quite well. With regards to Alan-Michael Cash, he would not have played more than Ray Drew, unless the Als had chosen to reduce 1 Int. WR.

Richard
Missing Woods I would say is a matter of opinion.

Users Online

175 Guests, 18 Users (14 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
BillyDee87, Mightygoose, argonutII, papazoola, leviadon, Dr.Whiskey, Hamilton2005, DogsFan, PTBO Dave, habcat, sportsfan100, raymarkca, bedrock, mycko75, TeddyFay, cheater, RedandWhite, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)