HfxTC

If the Als go seriously after Johnny Manziel they should have a backup plan. I agree Manziel could be a real difference-maker in Montreal, on and off the field. He could also help boost attendance - maybe the ambulance-chaser aspect but its still tickets sold.

Need a Plan B in case Manziel hits the skids - so other than his signing bonus and a few meals and drinks they should consider Collaros (at reduced rates)

Collaros isn't a guarantee either. He's been shell-shocked by head whacks, injuries and fear last couple years. He's developed a terrible case of happy feet in the pocket - as he doesn't want to take any more unnecessary whacks. Say what you want about DD Durant - that guy could stand in the pocket forever - and in the case of weak blue bomber pursuit he could shed up to a couple guys while still locking for a receiver. Trouble with DD is his arm is gonzo Alonzo. Anyone who doesn't see that should be coaching or managing in pro football.

Johnny Walker Red at $333,000, Collaros at $285,000 + bonuses, that's the route I'd go in montreal. Let Durant finish out his career as Sask's 3rd stringer for milk money. Good PR guy - possible assistant coach down the road. Don't know if Chris Jones want an old vet like that on his roster, though!
That is a risky move investing over 600k yearly in Manziel and Collaros. One is a quarterback who can't stay off the bottle; the other one breaks like a bottle!
You'd have to be a nutter to give 620k to a quarterback who lost his last 14 starts and one who's never won a CFL game.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Lyle B. Style

If the Als go seriously after Johnny Manziel they should have a backup plan. I agree Manziel could be a real difference-maker in Montreal, on and off the field. He could also help boost attendance - maybe the ambulance-chaser aspect but its still tickets sold.

Need a Plan B in case Manziel hits the skids - so other than his signing bonus and a few meals and drinks they should consider Collaros (at reduced rates)

Collaros isn't a guarantee either. He's been shell-shocked by head whacks, injuries and fear last couple years. He's developed a terrible case of happy feet in the pocket - as he doesn't want to take any more unnecessary whacks. Say what you want about DD Durant - that guy could stand in the pocket forever - and in the case of weak blue bomber pursuit he could shed up to a couple guys while still locking for a receiver. Trouble with DD is his arm is gonzo Alonzo. Anyone who doesn't see that should be coaching or managing in pro football.

Johnny Walker Red at $333,000, Collaros at $285,000 + bonuses, that's the route I'd go in montreal. Let Durant finish out his career as Sask's 3rd stringer for milk money. Good PR guy - possible assistant coach down the road. Don't know if Chris Jones want an old vet like that on his roster, though!
That is a risky move investing over 600k yearly in Manziel and Collaros. One is a quarterback who can't stay off the bottle; the other one breaks like a bottle!
You'd have to be a nutter to give 620k to a quarterback who lost his last 14 starts and one who's never won a CFL game.
After Bryan Hall, isn't Kavis Reed the CFL's #1 nutter?
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Users Online

56 Guests, 0 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (13)

Most Online Today: 125. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)