GHT120

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
... As an old school guy, and while respectful of people of all backgrounds, I have trouble dealing with all of today`s political correctness.

Yeah.  It requires an arbitrary/imaginary line that tries to measure intent.

Had he matched Johnny Depp's Tonto character's makeup then he is just dressing up as a movie character.  If it is just a generic/stereotype "Indian" then it opens the door to criticism ... not saying I agree but I understand those who are offended.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

This is such BS. If they had a "Crossdressing" party the media would have applauded their "sensitivity".
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

AlsPhil

Quote from: "HfxTC"
This is such BS. If they had a "Crossdressing" party the media would have applauded their "sensitivity".

If the reaction were solely that of a non-native journalist, I might agree. However, the treatment of native persons has been a sensitive issue, and continues to be so in this country. Hence, while I don't think the intent was to offend, an appropriate reaction is to apologize to those who were offended. This is exactly what Kyries did, kudos to him for that.    :thup:

Perhaps Mr Wetenhall should do the same.

Now if the Als throw another party using the same theme, their intention, or their lack of sensitivity, would benefit from scutiny. Hopefully they've learned a lesson and we can move on to football related posts.

Johnny all charm and class

Quote from: "Johnny all charm and class"
Mr. Wetenhall put on a western theme party for the team Monday night. Players at least still like him.

Western theme party, like the old west? Johnny is gonna show restraint. Johnny is a fan of westerns, especially Deadwood. Johnny could see a few players and coaches filling roles in a western town of old. You know, the banker, the outlaw, etc.

Johnny would get in trouble!  :D

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.3265243

Well we know who played the Indian.

As an old school guy, and while respectful of people of all backgrounds, I have trouble dealing with all of today`s political correctness.

Yup Johnny agrees. Johnny was gonna say Calvillo could play the mexican outlaw, and Crompton the town banker... Guess that would be too offensive!

Anyway, Johnny doesn't get a fit when he sees stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9sCp_DA3_c

Too funny!  :D

Johnny all charm and class

Quote from: "GHT120"
Quote from: "Johnny all charm and class"
Mr. Wetenhall put on a western theme party for the team Monday night. Players at least still like him.

Players like other people, will not overtly show dislike for their boss. And maybe the players like parties and each other enough to show up.  

Is your point that liking the party does not equal liking BW or that the the don't like BW?

Liking the party does not equal liking Wetenhall.

idealsheldon

This from the Als website:

"It’s going to be Indian Summer on Monday at the stadium! 23 degrees with sun !"

Can we expect protesters at Molson Stadium tomorrow? :roll:
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Johnny Ticat slayer

It is a good time to bring back Lestaf's excellent letter to Wetenhall. Two years later, most of what Lestaf wrote still applies.

Maybe this time, Wetenhall will take note. Or, probably not...   :(
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

LeStaf

It is a good time to bring back Lestaf's excellent letter to Wetenhall. Two years later, most of what Lestaf wrote still applies.

Maybe this time, Wetenhall will take note. Or, probably not...   :(
Et malheureusement, les conséquences annoncées commencent à se pointer.

Il était important d'agir à ce moment, et la maison est présentement en feu.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Users Online

110 Guests, 13 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
The Last Word, Lyle B. Style, FootbalYouBet, bobo82, EastVanMark, tony, KevinRiley2, bowl450, Taleback, habcat, Iconic SR, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)