tony

Cats selected Chapman.

glengarry flash

Encore heureux qu'on ait un deuxième choix. Si Tillman choisit Rutherford ou un autre joueur de ligne offensive avec potentiel la tête de Kavis Reed devra rouler.
Ca va pas rouler.
Je sais malheureusement :(
none of you experienced GMs  understand a damn thing GM kavis reed accomplished at today's draft. NONE!!

HfxTC

Encore heureux qu'on ait un deuxième choix. Si Tillman choisit Rutherford ou un autre joueur de ligne offensive avec potentiel la tête de Kavis Reed devra rouler.
Ca va pas rouler.
none of you experienced GMs  understand a damn thing GM kavis reed accomplished at today's draft. NONE!!
One OL backup and a bunch of Special team/projects, how's that "Precious"?
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

glengarry flash

Presently, I worry more for 2018 than 2019.

Richard
So with Jourdain taking a pay cut and becoming a backup. How does Kavis pay for the 160 to 195k Bomben contract? There is no way Chip Cox is coming back that's for sure. One of Willy or Freeman probably and a couple other vets. More moves coming.
your lost in space. it was an excellent trade to obtain a 3 time eastern all-star. who also plays TE. as far as who's KAZOO it's this alouette fan who sees you as the donkey's arse and biggest KAZOO on this site and not montreal's GM kavis reed. as for chris williams he's going nowhere. speed kills man.

RichardVeilleux

The Als drafted 10 players,i.e.:
3 LB's
2 OL
2 WR's
1 DL
1 RB
1 DB

Richard

glengarry flash

10 draft picks plus OG/TE ryan bomben. excellent nite's work alouettes' GM kavis reed. 

HfxTC

Presently, I worry more for 2018 than 2019.

Richard
So with Jourdain taking a pay cut and becoming a backup. How does Kavis pay for the 160 to 195k Bomben contract? There is no way Chip Cox is coming back that's for sure. One of Willy or Freeman probably and a couple other vets. More moves coming.
your lost in space. it was an excellent trade to obtain a 3 time eastern all-star. who also plays TE. as far as who's KAZOO it's this alouette fan who sees you as the donkey's arse and biggest KAZOO on this site and not montreal's GM kavis reed. as for chris williams he's going nowhere. speed kills man.
Learn how to read. Vielleux is the one who suggested Williams might be released. Tight End LOL there is no such position in Canadian Football.

HfxTC

3 LB's
2 OL
2 WR's
1 DL
1 RB
1 DB

Richard
Focus very much on Special Team players who they can develop, not a bad plan considering they are set with their Canadian starters. I like the Bakker pick. He's a very good Tackle who can actually play guard in spite of his height. All good character guys who love football, play teams and be moved around. There is a backup for Muamba, Westerman, one for Lavoie....

You never know how these guys will be as finished product but at least you can see the team did its homework. All that's left is to get Bomben to sign an extension...

Johnny Ticat slayer

10 draft picks plus OG/TE ryan bomben. excellent nite's work alouettes' GM kavis reed.
Actually, that would be two night's work, glengarry flash in the pan. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

Ca va pas rouler.
Basic spelling, grammar and punctuation are topics that you don't understand. Civility is another one. Try not to poop in your diaper old coot from lake Placid. 

Johnny Ticat slayer

3 LB's
2 OL
2 WR's
1 DL
1 RB
1 DB

Richard
Focus very much on Special Team players who they can develop, not a bad plan considering they are set with their Canadian starters. I like the Bakker pick. He's a very good Tackle who can actually play guard in spite of his height. All good character guys who love football, play teams and be moved around. There is a backup for Muamba, Westerman, one for Lavoie....

You never know how these guys will be as finished product but at least you can see the team did its homework. All that's left is to get Bomben to sign an extension...
You could say the Als drafted 4 linebackers. Bo Banner is listed as a defensive lineman, but there is no way he will play defensive line in the CFL at 224 lbs. 

Drafting LBs was a good move. LBs usually are great at tackling; so they make excellent special teams players. 

The question marks for Johnny, are Ryder Stone a 5'9 RB, and Lekan Idowu, a 5'8 DB. Not the best players for special teams, and can they be solid backups to the starters? 

HfxTC

3 LB's
2 OL
2 WR's
1 DL
1 RB
1 DB

Richard

You could say the Als drafted 4 linebackers. Bo Banner is listed as a defensive lineman, but there is no way he will play defensive line in the CFL at 224 lbs.

Drafting LBs was a good move. LBs usually are great at tackling; so they make excellent special teams players.

The question marks for Johnny, are Ryder Stone a 5'9 RB, and Lekan Idowu, a 5'8 DB. Not the best players for special teams, and can they be solid backups to the starters?
They might have drafted Banner to backup Muamba. He does not have the speed to cover but they could rotate him in on short yardage plays to help keep Muamba fresh. Ryder came out of nowhere, not sure what the plan is there? Makki and Dubois would have been better options but likely were gone by the time the Als got to them. Poulin was ranked around 50th. so the Als must have liked him A LOT.

idealsheldon

What I liked :

- obviously the Rutherford selection. He apparently turned down 3 NFL mini-camp offers.

- Bo Banner - his name and the fact he was the best pass rusher at the combine.

Interesting that Hamilton chose lower ranked DL Brett Wade ahead of him.

- LBs Poulin, Kozachuck, Mbaye as special teamers.

What I didn`t like:

- Reaching for OT Bakker, thus passing on OL Gendron-Dumouchel from U of M.

- Trading down at 34 for 2 lower picks from BC, but therefore passing on DB Guzylak-Messam.

- Not being able to get a higher ranked WR.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

MadJack

Chances are, if we had kept the first pick, we'd have drafted Rutherford anyway.

So we either got Rutherford, or we got Rutherford, Bomben, and Richardson.

Kavis gets a good passing grade on this.

GHT120

... Tight End LOL there is no such position in Canadian Football.
Every time any CFL player (SB, FB, HB) sets up beside or a step back from a tackle there is a tight-end in the CFL.  And I don't think there was a suggestion that would be his (or anyone's) regular position, just that he has the athleticism to play there on occasion.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Users Online

84 Guests, 14 Users (11 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, FenderGuy69, mycko75, papazoola, StampsRock!, SeaFiddle, MtnCat, MrLucky, Lyle B. Style, Sidney, J5V, ExPat, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (5)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)