idealsheldon

Alex Tanney is a 30 year old journeyman NFL QB. Released by the Titans Apr. 30, he signed with the Giants today.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

idealsheldon

I think it`s a very good trade, essentially Bomben for the 2019 2nd round choice. The other aspects are basically a wash.

Bomben has always been a favorite, a stud National o-lineman, and as we saw last year with injuries you can never get enough of them. Plus we will likely draft Rutherford tomorrow.

Bomben at 31 is still a baby.
Still a baby at 31. I like your thinking Ideal.

That would make me a teenager!
Sorry Tony, you`re not getting the keys to the car tonight!

tony

I think it`s a very good trade, essentially Bomben for the 2019 2nd round choice. The other aspects are basically a wash.

Bomben has always been a favorite, a stud National o-lineman, and as we saw last year with injuries you can never get enough of them. Plus we will likely draft Rutherford tomorrow.

Bomben at 31 is still a baby.
Still a baby at 31. I like your thinking Ideal.

That would make me a teenager!
Sorry Tony, you`re not getting the keys to the car tonight!
:)

Tomorrow?

RichardVeilleux

Difficile de juger mais les Alouettes n'ont pas échangé le choix i pour Bomben. Pour certains soyez plus objectifs. Ils ont échangé leur numéro 1 pour le numéro 1 de Hamilton-choisiront 2ième au lieu de premier- pas la fin du monde. Bomben est ajouté. 

La différence entre choix 1 et choix 2 est-elle si grande? Non ! Je voulais Trey Rutherford comme 1 et d'autres voulaient Chapman comme 1. Deux bons joueurs.

Dans l'immédiat les Alouettes se sont améliorés.

Comme certains, j'ai des points d'interrogation:

Est-ce la fin de Luc Brodeur-Jourdain? Fort probable. Matte pourrait retourner comme centre. Bomben sera partant.

Pourquoi le receveur Int. Jamal Robinson. Qui va écoper? JT Graham? Chris Williams? Les deux,selon moi.

Qui sera le choix des Alouettes au choix 2. OL Mary Korte? Receveur Mark Chapman? Receveur Pastermann?  

Certaines réponses dans après. 23 heures.

Richard

RichardVeilleux

Pour moi,Sheldon,Kazoo, démontre un manque flagrant de respect/de savoir vivre. Tout le monde a le droit de critiquer et d'être en désaccord, mais on se doit d'être respectueux,ce que certains ne sont pas.

Richard

okie

I believe the Great Kazoo refers to someone from the cartoon series "The Flintstones".  The character comes from another planet is well-intentioned and tries to help Fred and Barney but instead creates a mess of the situation.  The introduction of the Great Kazoo is often used as an example where a tv series has "jumped the shark" where something absurd is introduced into a series in a failed attempt to prolong interest.

Anyway for the ratio, the Als will definitely use 3 OL, 1 DE, 1 MLB, and 1 S.  To me, LBJ, Tevaughn Campbell, George Johnson, and Jabar Westerman are all marginal non-import starters.  The 7th starter will probably be either Campbell or Johnson.  Als could choose one or maybe alternate them depending on the opponent.

idealsheldon

I believe the Great Kazoo refers to someone from the cartoon series "The Flintstones".  
I wasn`t allowed to watch - was told Wilma`s and Betty`s outfits were too revealing.

okie

From Herb Zurkowsky:

(Ryan) Bomben, an East Division all-star the last three seasons with Hamilton, is heading into the final year of his contract. It’s believed he’s one of the league’s highest-paid offensive lineman, earning approximately $200,000.

Bomben’s addition probably means the Als will move right-guard Kristian Matte to centre, where he would replace 35-year-old veteran Luc Brodeur-Jourdain. Although Brodeur-Jourdain remains in the team’s plans for now, according to Reed, he’ll most likely serve as a backup.

The 25-year-old (Jamal) Robinson, meanwhile, spent the final month of last season on the Ticats’ practice roster after spending parts of two seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars. At 6-foot-4 and 205 pounds, he’ll provide Montreal’s quarterbacks with a much-needed large target.

“He’s a very explosive receiver who goes and gets the ball,” Reed said. “We get a receiver who can come in and not only provide quality depth, but push to be a contributor right away.

The trade also means the Als should actually use the second overall choice to select a player.
Heading into the draft, there’s no definitive favourite to go first overall although it’s believed receiver Mark Chapman, offensive-lineman Trey Rutherford and defensive-back Godfrey Onyeka are at the top of most teams’ boards.

It’s believed the Ticats will select Central Michigan’s Chapman. He not only appears ready to contribute as a rookie, he would also replace the recently released Andy Fantuz.

That would leave the Als free to choose between Connecticut’s Rutherford and Wilfrid Laurier’s Onyeka.

The Als, very quietly, have released veteran Canadian safety Daryl Townsend, who spent seven seasons with the team, mostly as a special teams contributor. The 32-year-old was recovering from an ankle injury.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-trade-no-1-pick-bring-guard-ryan-bomben-back-into-the-fold

RichardVeilleux

Regarding the ratio,okie, we also have to include FB Patrick Lavoie. He could be the seventh starter and replace by Johnson when out.

Like you, I am not sold on Nat. Tevaughn Campbell; he could still be a starter on occasions,but I see him more as a depth player. 

If Bomben earns as much or close to what Herb writes, there is no way that we can afford Chris Williams.

Should Hamilton select Chapman and we still have the possibility to draft Trey Rutherford, today's trade was great for us. Again, if Hamilton select Chapman, I will be of the opinion that Bomben was traded to Montreal for Hamilton cap reasons.

Richard

HfxTC

Bomben at 31 is still a baby. And he has and can play OT if necessary. I`ll let Richard worry about salary cap implications. The Als will only really have a cap issue when they have to pay an elite QB, a problem I look forward to.

And I have a confession to make. I haven`t a clue what the Great Kazoo refers to. Just sounds like immature babble. Must be an age thing, but my cultural references seem to have ended with Cheers and Seinfeld.
Seriously?

Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Difficile de juger mais les Alouettes n'ont pas échangé le choix i pour Bomben. Pour certains soyez plus objectifs. Ils ont échangé leur numéro 1 pour le numéro 1 de Hamilton-choisiront 2ième au lieu de premier- pas la fin du monde. Bomben est ajouté.

La différence entre choix 1 et choix 2 est-elle si grande? Non ! Je voulais Trey Rutherford comme 1 et d'autres voulaient Chapman comme 1. Deux bons joueurs.

Dans l'immédiat les Alouettes se sont améliorés.

Comme certains, j'ai des points d'interrogation:

Est-ce la fin de Luc Brodeur-Jourdain? Fort probable. Matte pourrait retourner comme centre. Bomben sera partant.

Pourquoi le receveur Int. Jamal Robinson. Qui va écoper? JT Graham? Chris Williams? Les deux,selon moi.

Qui sera le choix des Alouettes au choix 2. OL Mary Korte? Receveur Mark Chapman? Receveur Pastermann?  

Certaines réponses dans après. 23 heures.

Richard
Le choix numero 10 l'an prochain... Big year for talent... That's worth nothing too right?

RichardVeilleux

Presently, I worry more for 2018 than 2019.

Richard

HfxTC

Presently, I worry more for 2018 than 2019.

Richard
So with Jourdain taking a pay cut and becoming a backup. How does Kavis pay for the 160 to 195k Bomben contract? There is no way Chip Cox is coming back that's for sure. One of Willy or Freeman probably and a couple other vets. More moves coming.

RichardVeilleux

I don't worry at all with Bomben's contract numbers. First of all, it's not up to $195,000-max.- that will be added; hence, Bomben will replace a player who was on roster in 2017,most probably Matt Vonk, so the total addition will be at the most roughly $130,000. For 6 games, Philippe Gagnon will be replaced by a rookie or Jamieson. Other savings. Then, Chris Williams will be released and,if replaced by Robinson, another $100,000 or so will be saved/reduced.

There are no problems with the cap situation.

Richard

Johnny Ticat slayer

Johnny likes this trade. Reed will most likely still get the player he would have picked at number 1, and he gets a quality O-lineman in Bomben. Als also get a receiver. 

The biggest loss is next years second round pick. If Bomben still has gas in the tank, and the number 2 pick this year works out, it will have been a good trade. 

At this stage of LBJ's career, Matte will be an upgrade at center. Bomben will be as good or better than Matte at RG. Bomben allows the Als to improve two positions on the O-line. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Users Online

95 Guests, 15 Users (10 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
CFL in QC, RichardVeilleux, Taleback, Augustus67, J5V, FenderGuy69, Grover, mycko75, papazoola, StampsRock!, SeaFiddle, MtnCat, MrLucky, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (5)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)