tony

we got one of the best interior lineman and his canadien for dropping 1st overall to 2nd overall and a 2nd pick in 2019, really son't see how you guys don't like this deal...
Bomben best?
why did the Cats trade him?!
30 years old
one year left on his contract
Makes 160k
Uh huh. But this is suppose to be a good trade 

HfxTC

Encore heureux qu'on ait un deuxième choix. Si Tillman choisit Rutherford ou un autre joueur de ligne offensive avec potentiel la tête de Kavis Reed devra rouler.
Ca va pas rouler.
Je sais malheureusement :(
Moi je voudrais qu il gardait son choix et prennait soit un OL ou bien un receveur.
A 30 ans, $160k pour Bomben. Oye oye
Well they may still get the player they wanted at 2. but the return makes no sense. Another 30 year old player that plays in a spot where they already have a starter, there is no way they plan to pay him 160k as a spare.

Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Connecticut Yankee

The Ti-Cats have cashed in the Johnny Manziel chip with this trade.He is the likely 
negotiation list player that was involved in the trade.The value for Manziel is at it's highest
right now.If he does not get signed before training camp opens his value plummets for the team
who holds his rights.He has options(potentially w/NFL - New Spring football league).The 
Ti-Cats realized this and chose to get rid of his rights now.They know it would cause 
upheaval for their organization from a team standpoint.

I believe they are really focused on another quarterback by the name of Garrett Gilbert.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrett_Gilbert
June Jones has experience working with him in college at SMU.He will be released sometime 
in the next few months from the NFL.They can wait for him.

The question now is how much will the AL's offer to pay for Manziel and the resulting
sideshow that will go with it?

Grover

The Ti-Cats have cashed in the Johnny Manziel chip with this trade.He is the likely
negotiation list player that was involved in the trade.The value for Manziel is at it's highest
right now.If he does not get signed before training camp opens his value plummets for the team
who holds his rights.He has options(potentially w/NFL - New Spring football league).The
Ti-Cats realized this and chose to get rid of his rights now.They know it would cause

I believe they are really focused on another quarterback by the name of Garrett Gilbert.
June Jones has experience working with him in college at SMU.He will be released sometime

The question now is how much will the AL's offer to pay for Manziel and the resulting
Louis Butko‏ 
@TSN_LouisB
 14m14 minutes ago
Ticats head coach June Jones confirms on @TSN1150 the negotiation list player traded to the Als in the deal for the 1st overall pick is not Johnny Manziel.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Lucas Bellemare

Les gars du forum de RDS ont l'air bien contents eux.

HfxTC

He's not. I would not be surprised that Kavis has another trade in the works. Either with Calgary or BC

okie

Unless there is another OL trade upcoming, it sure looks like the Als believe LBJ is done.

Xavier Fulton at LT.  Philip Blake at LG. Kristian Matte at C.  Ryan Bomben at RG.  Jovan Olafioye at RT.

HfxTC

Unless there is another OL trade upcoming, it sure looks like the Als believe LBJ is done.

Xavier Fulton at LT.  Philip Blake at LG. Kristian Matte at C.  Ryan Bomben at RG.  Jovan Olafioye at RT.
Fulton is awful.

okie

Herb Zurkowsky says the neg list player acquired is 6'4" QB Alex Tanney.

Seems like being tall is now a major consideration in new player acquisition.

We will have to wait for new import OL signings, but right now the alternative to playing Fulton is Olafioye at LT and Anthony Morris at RT.

everyman

Would Als fans feel better if you think of this trade as:
1. They get a Can starter on the 0-line
2. They get who they really want in the draft anyway by moving to #2?

Bruno31

En tout cas, quand je regarde sur le forum des Ti-Cats, les gens semblent plutôt déçus par le départ de Bomben.

HfxTC

Herb Zurkowsky says the neg list player acquired is 6'4" QB Alex Tanney.

Seems like being tall is now a major consideration in new player acquisition.

We will have to wait for new import OL signings, but right now the alternative to playing Fulton is Olafioye at LT and Anthony Morris at RT.
tall and old apparently the Als also gave up their second round pick next year in this trade.

Reggiemac

I like this move.we can still ge a good pick at 2 and maybe some of the nfl bound OLs with late picks. Thebreal test will be if Bomben plays up to his,prss clippings

idealsheldon

I think it`s a very good trade, essentially Bomben for the 2019 2nd round choice. The other aspects are basically a wash.

Bomben has always been a favorite, a stud National o-lineman, and as we saw last year with injuries you can never get enough of them. Plus we will likely draft Rutherford tomorrow.

Bomben at 31 is still a baby. And he has and can play OT if necessary. I`ll let Richard worry about salary cap implications. The Als will only really have a cap issue when they have to pay an elite QB, a problem I look forward to.

And I have a confession to make. I haven`t a clue what the Great Kazoo refers to. Just sounds like immature babble. Must be an age thing, but my cultural references seem to have ended with Cheers and Seinfeld.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

tony

I think it`s a very good trade, essentially Bomben for the 2019 2nd round choice. The other aspects are basically a wash.

Bomben has always been a favorite, a stud National o-lineman, and as we saw last year with injuries you can never get enough of them. Plus we will likely draft Rutherford tomorrow.

Bomben at 31 is still a baby.
Still a baby at 31. I like your thinking Ideal.

That would make me a teenager!

Users Online

89 Guests, 18 Users (9 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Taleback, J5V, idealsheldon, Augustus67, FenderGuy69, Grover, RichardVeilleux, mycko75, papazoola, StampsRock!, SeaFiddle, MtnCat, MrLucky, Lyle B. Style, Sidney, ExPat, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (5)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)